PDA

View Full Version : Why your mindset needs to be right for every traffic stop

randypollock
05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
This video shows why nothing is routine and why your mindset should be focused on the threat and not on the radio, backup, or the car coming toward you.

Focus on the threat.

http://rphoto.me/muqOGu

SmokeJumper
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Nothing is routine, nothing. Routine patterns lead to complacency and we all know, or should know what complacency yields in the end. I recently read an excellent reminder of this in the May issue of SWAT in Street Smarts by Brent Wheat.
As a side note, after watching this video, I did not do any further research on the suspect/shooter, but with his stance and shooting he looked to be a somewhat experienced shooter.

Shellback
05-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Good to hear the officers came away unscathed and managed to eliminate the threat with no other casualties. My only concern would be that that's a lot of rounds going down range with houses as backstops.

Munson
05-07-2011, 03:57 AM
Yeah, houses as backstops are a bad thing. Did anyone else notice the hat flying off from inside the truck? It must have fallen off when he was reaching down to grab something.

DonovanM
05-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, houses as backstops are a bad thing. Did anyone else notice the hat flying off from inside the truck? It must have fallen off when he was reaching down to grab something.

I'd like to think it was a bullet in the brainpan that knocked it off :)

Slavex
05-14-2011, 10:46 AM
some damn good shooting on the officers part. Rifle or pistol being used by them or both?

Josh Runkle
05-20-2011, 03:26 AM

it's at 0:26-0:27 and it looks like it might be a little more than just a hat.

WDW
05-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Glad it ended the way it did. I'm really glad he started shooting immediately and didn't wait until the officer got up to his window.