PDA

View Full Version : New LEM trigger variant

YVK
06-19-2013, 08:23 PM
http://montrala.blogspot.com/2013/06/hk-p30p30l-short-travel-lem-cda-trigger.html

Anybody who has any insiders in HK-USA can provide any info? I'd be interested to try it; hope those parts make it here.
It should not make first shot faster, but I wonder if it'll help a bit with some anticipation variants some of us get with LEM. It may also alleviate sloppy reset work on followup shots. Trigger finger placement can become less tricky too.

Dagga Boy
06-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Reset is the same, only initial take up is changed. I have zero interest in this for my daily carry TLG LEM P30's, but I would like to run this in my two HK45's and P30LS that have light LEM's with manual safeties.

GJM
06-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Reset is the same, only initial take up is changed. I have zero interest in this for my daily carry TLG LEM P30's, but I would like to run this in my two HK45's and P30LS that have light LEM's with manual safeties.

Wouldn't it be confusing to have a different amount of take-up on some of the LEM triggers? If I was shooting my LEM pistols now, I think I would have to do it on all or none of them to keep myself from getting screwed up.

YVK
06-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Less take up means less potential return travel beyond reset point. Lots of new LEM users let it go out too far during followup shots, and then either get too slow of a next shot or rush the trigger press. I occasionally still do it if I get lazy. May also help those who use Rogers' flip and press.

Dagga Boy
06-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Wouldn't it be confusing to have a different amount of take-up on some of the LEM triggers? If I was shooting my LEM pistols now, I think I would have to do it on all or none of them to keep myself from getting screwed up.

I run these three guns with safeties for a specific reason. I had actually considered converting the P30LS to V9 like a "modern Hi Power", but I am running a LEM almost exclusively now. I look at this as less of an issue than going back and forth between different systems (because you've never done that..;):D). I simply want to try out the idea of a V1 LEM combined with a shorter travel with a manual safety to see if its viable. I am hoping for something sort of M&P like with the manual safety.

GJM
06-19-2013, 09:37 PM
I resemble that comment -- I haven't changed platforms since April 13th.

I have accumulated a bunch of LEM HK's in 9, 40 and 45, so I hope nobody likes this new trigger, as it would be a big box to send to Sam Bass at HK.

JV_
06-20-2013, 05:31 AM
Too bad they didn't reduce the reset.

LSP972
06-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Too bad they didn't reduce the reset.

No kidding. I hardly shoot my P30 or P2000 because I keep stopping the trigger return short of the reset (due to the majority of my shooting with the HK45C) and double-clutching the sucker.