PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Colt is reviving their 7.62x39mm AR project

LHS
06-18-2013, 08:50 PM
http://soldiersystems.net/2013/06/18/stop-the-mfing-presses-a-colt-ak/

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/20130618-191957.jpg

Someone in the PR department apparently didn't realize what Gov. Perry was shooting, and put this up on Colt's feed to promote Perry's visit. Looks like a CM901 that takes AK mags. Nifty.

Jay Cunningham
06-18-2013, 08:53 PM
hmmmmmm

orionz06
06-18-2013, 09:01 PM
What if best gun troll ever?

LHS
06-18-2013, 09:07 PM
What if best gun troll ever?

If it were April 1, I'd think that was the most likely answer.

SeriousStudent
06-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Email Rick and ask him.

Seriously, he's a guy fairly into AR's. I know his last name is Perry, not Lamb. But I bet he'd recognize the different rounds.

Dagga Boy
06-18-2013, 10:24 PM
You guys haven't gotten your AK adaptors and upper kits for your 901's yet? Weird, I got mine.........;).

Reality..........I just want my 5.56mm adaptor so I can get my 6940 upper onto my 901....:confused:. Hopefully, Rick talked them into moving to Texas, or at least Colt Defense to Texas.

SeriousStudent
06-18-2013, 10:33 PM
I'd quit my current gig and go to work for them if they moved here. I'm thinking the employee discount would offset the pay cut.

LHS
06-19-2013, 01:03 AM
One of these with a factory SBR upper would be the absolute kittens.

Chuck Haggard
06-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Coincidentally, on the Outdoor Wire today;

States in Open Competition, State Pols in Hot Water
Occasionally, you don't hear about the really interesting political meetings that happen from time to time. Like the one that happened on Monday when Connecticut Governor Daniel Malloy showed up - uninvited- at a reception in Hartford hosted by Texas Governor Rick Perry.

Yep, Malloy showed up at an upscale Hartford restaurant where Perry, other Texas officials and gun company execs were eating. Despite the fact Perry was there for one purpose: trying to talk Connecticut gun companies into moving to Texas, Malloy said the visit wasn't about "Texas versus Connecticut". Instead, his spokesman said the purpose was to "show some good, old-fashioned Yankee hospitality."

Sure it was. Perry called the visit "very hospitable," adding, "he didn't have to do that." I'll let you choose which part he meant the most sincerely.

According to gun company execs, Perry made a "compelling pitch". He also toured the Colt facilities in Hartford where he picked up a custom engraved M1911 pistol, test fired some of Colt's guns and railed against Connecticut's "knee-jerk reaction" by passing laws he says will "have no effect other than to run manufacturers out of Connecticut."

Perry wasn't just wooing gun companies. During his visit he visited hedge fund and venture capital firms, and reminded them that Dallas, Austin and Houston were all rising players in those businesses.

He had a great line for politicians in Connecticut who accused him of only being there to boost his political chances in 2016. "I hope they're focused on that," he said, "while I'm taking businesses to Texas."