PDA

View Full Version : Dillon makes a casefeeder for the 550?!? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

fuse
05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
so tonight I go to dillon's website to see if 550 vinyl covers are back in stock, and BAM I see that there is a casefeeder for the 550.

and apparently there has been one for quite some time now - since 2006 after a quick google.

I think I will partake in this awesomeness.

I really hope this can significantly speed me up.

anyone use the casefeeder for the 550? how does it work?

also, does it come with all the mounting hardware? I despise finding such things at home depot.

SecondsCount
05-05-2011, 09:32 AM
so tonight I go to dillon's website to see if 550 vinyl covers are back in stock, and BAM I see that there is a casefeeder for the 550.

and apparently there has been one for quite some time now - since 2006 after a quick google.

I think I will partake in this awesomeness.

I really hope this can significantly speed me up.

anyone use the casefeeder for the 550? how does it work?

also, does it come with all the mounting hardware? I despise finding such things at home depot.

Although I have a 550, I don't have any personal experience with the casefeeder. I was thinking about it before my wife surprised me with a 650 and casefeeder. :cool:

My record on the 550 was 480 rounds per hour without a casefeeder. The casefeeder would probably increase that by 100 per hour.

rsa-otc
05-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I average a little over 400 rounds per hour on my 550. I find the big limiting factor is loading the primer feed tubes more than case or bullet feeding. I have been looking at their auto primer accessory.

I also like to take the time & look into each case check to make sure there is powder.
I found out the hard way last year at a match when my electronic ear pro failed and I didn't hear the primer fire, thought I had a dud of some type, tapped and racked and sent a second slug down the barrel. Good thing was that I had 2 down zero shots on target, bad was the slide locked back over the swelled barrel and needed a mallet and new barrel to get the gun up and running again. :rolleyes:

TAP
05-05-2011, 12:20 PM
If it were me, I would upgrade to a 650 or 1050 with a casefeeder. I'm not sure how much you would get out of a 550 casefeeder.

Take a look at this post/poll if you want some user feedback:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88204&hl=550%20case%20feeder&st=0

Munson
05-08-2011, 11:52 AM
If it were me, I would upgrade to a 650 or 1050 with a casefeeder. I'm not sure how much you would get out of a 550 casefeeder.

Take a look at this post/poll if you want some user feedback:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88204&hl=550%20case%20feeder&st=0

The auto indexing makes a big difference

Corvus
05-29-2011, 11:09 PM
I have a case feeder on a 550 which has what I consider two drawbacks.

1. Only does pistol calibers.
2. Not a quick / simple removal for doing rifle calibers.

If you only load pistol rounds and already have a 550 it is nice and to me was well worth the cost..