PDA

View Full Version : FNH X Series of Pistols

saints75
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Hello,

I had a question about the FNX Pistols. Ever since the FNS came out I have been looking into FNH. Before the FHS came out, all I really knew about FNH is that they make the SCAR and a 45 in FDE that take an optic and suppressor. Ever since the FNS came out, I have been looking into FNH. I have not heard a lot about their pistols too much. I have heard they are good quality handguns. The only bad thing I have heard about their pistols is that people don’t like the way they look or feel. For the most part I have hear good things about them. I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the FNX pistols and what they thought about them?

Thanks

WDW
06-11-2013, 03:23 PM
I have an FNS 9 & like it a lot. It has a bunch going for it. Decent factory night sights, 17+1 capacity, ambi controls, & a discreet manual safety that is great for AIWB. Also has a great recoil impulse. Very easy to stay on target. It fits in M&P holsters too!

I never cared for the FNX line. Seemed like a cheapo copy of the Sig to me. Also, there are numerous examples of the FNX failing to work when it is exposed to heat, really low heat, like direct sunlight. I know, sounds stupid, but it's true. May or may not be fixed yet. I don't know. I don't really care.

Kyle Reese
06-11-2013, 05:02 PM
I'd like to see a test conducted with the FNX/S to see how they survive 50,000 rounds.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

WDW
06-11-2013, 05:05 PM
I'd like to see a test conducted with the FNX/S to see how they survive 50,000 rounds.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Good sir, arrange the ammo & I will happily oblige that request! :)
I've only managed 800ish through mine so far.

TGS
06-11-2013, 05:21 PM
A thread with some experiences about the FNX pistol: FNX 9 (http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2593-FNX-9)

saints75
06-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Thanks for the link TGS

texasaggie2005
06-12-2013, 08:58 AM
I have no experience with the FNX line, other than firing a rental.

But I do have a FNS-9 that I like, but not enough to keep it. I'm trying to trade it for G19.

WDW
06-12-2013, 11:35 AM
I have completely given up on Glock. The weak ass ejection & noticeable drop in quality in the small parts has driven me away forever. It's sad because there was a time when I wouldn't own anything else. I don't know what they did, but they need to go back to the pre 2008 or so specs & materials.

Kyle Reese
06-12-2013, 11:56 AM
I have completely given up on Glock. The weak ass ejection & noticeable drop in quality in the small parts has driven me away forever. It's sad because there was a time when I wouldn't own anything else. I don't know what they did, but they need to go back to the pre 2008 or so specs & materials.

I'd look at something other than FN *cough P30 cough* if you want to be relatively sure of getting a handgun that will work correctly, out of the box.

WDW
06-12-2013, 12:21 PM
I'd look at something other than FN *cough P30 cough* if you want to be relatively sure of getting a handgun that will work correctly, out of the box.
I'm actually debating between a P2000 & a P30 right now. Only reason I even have the FN is because back during the madness, it was the only thing I could find w/17+ mags. I thought there was a glimmer of a chance mags could get banned so I got it just in case so I'd have something at least.

I really like the FN so far though. Only time will tell.