PDA

View Full Version : HK P30/HK45 and Sig Sights from Heinie

John Ralston
06-11-2013, 08:42 AM
I have heard from a good source that Heinie will be releasing the "Ledge" sights for the HK P30/HK45 and the P Series Sigs on their next run. When that will be depends on when the current stock is depleted, so no specific timeline.

Corlissimo
06-12-2013, 12:38 AM
That is welcome news/rumor. <he said while looking skyward for the pigs>

~ Typos brought to you by my laziness & in attention to detail.

taadski
06-12-2013, 02:54 AM
I'm currently running a set of straight 8 slant pros and a set of straight 8 ledges (both for XDs) on a pair of 226s with good results. They have the same dovetail dimensions and print appropriately. Just FYI.

t

John Ralston
06-12-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm currently running a set of straight 8 ledges (both for XDs) on a pair of 226s with good results. They have the same dovetail dimensions and print appropriately. Just FYI.

t

That's awesome...didn't realize that. Can you measure the height of the front sight for me? Of course I am running a P220, not a P226. Not sure if that makes a difference.

John Ralston
06-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Also...does the rear fit on the slide correctly or is there an air gap between the slide and the sight? Does it hang off the back of the slide? Got a pic?

taadski
06-12-2013, 11:28 AM
John,

Dimensions for the front are .125W X .190T. I have their rear sight in a .140 wide notch and a .156 wide (aka 'Qwik') version. There was some talk from them about standardizing in one direction or the other earlier in the year so I'm not sure if they're currently still offering both or not. I personally like the wider Qwik rears better and have been toying with the idea of whittling on the narrower pair myself to give a little more of an 'open' sight picture. FWIW.

Re the slide fit, they don't hang off the back of the slide, but they don't contour to the curved radius of the slide either, so there's some space. Here are some pics so we're clear:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/taadski/photo_zps97814365.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/taadski/photo_zpsc1d73ec2.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/taadski/image_zps20ceee23.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/taadski/image_zps38ad29c6.jpg

Hope that helps,

t

GJM
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
As an additional data point, after seeing taadski's rear sight, I decided I preferred that to the current Heinie Sig rear sight (and was told by Sara the date for the new, wider Sig rear sight was undetermined). When I asked, Richard Heinie refused to install the XD rear on my Sig slide because it didn't meet his aesthetic taste. Guess it shows that while taadski is a pretty natty dresser, he is less discriminating in rear sights.

taadski
06-12-2013, 12:29 PM
LOL.

My HH6 advises I'm "unrefined" in any number of senses of the word. :p

John Ralston
06-12-2013, 12:31 PM
As an additional data point, after seeing taadski's rear sight, I decided I preferred that to the current Heinie Sig rear sight (and was told by Sara the date for the new, wider Sig rear sight was undetermined). When I asked, Richard Heinie refused to install the XD rear on my Sig slide because it didn't meet his aesthetic taste. Guess it shows that while taadski is a pretty natty dresser, he is less discriminating in rear sights.

That's what he told me too...although I wouldn't say it hangs off the rear, it does protrude and Mr. Heinie doesn't like it. The actual Sig version will be somewhat shorter. Also, the height for the Sig sights will be different, but I don't yet know if it will be taller or shorter.

Matt O
06-13-2013, 06:32 AM
That's interesting that they admitted that the XD sights would fit, but just don't quite meet Richard Heinie's aesthetic standards. When I was looking for sights for the P226 and bugging taadski with all sorts of questions about his set up, the lady at Heinie flat out told me that the XD sights wouldn't fit and she wouldn't sell them to me.

Up1911Fan
08-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Has anyone heard anymore on when these might be available?