PDA

View Full Version : How come this has gotten very little coverage?

BaiHu
06-08-2013, 07:23 PM
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#story/sns-rt-us-usa-shooting-californiabre95615w-20130607/

If it was a Lanza/white/conservative character, wouldn't we be erasing the 2A from the Constitution?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mnealtx
06-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Because they *can't* use it against the "normal" NRA crowd?

BaiHu
06-08-2013, 08:18 PM
That's what's gotten me Uber curious about this story right now.

Zhurdan
06-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Zawa-what-I?

There's your answer.

BoppaBear
06-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Been a little curious about this one also. It's got all the components of other shootings: disenchanted "mall ninja" young guy with all the tactical gear, some mental and emotional issues, past run-ins with law enforcement, and the dreaded black rifle with "high capacity ammunition clips" and 1,000+ rounds of ammunition...

No info on how he got the weapons, what the motive may have been other than the stressor of his parents' divorce, who he is (not sure that I believe they are withholding his identity due to "family being out of the country"), or what the extent of his emotional issues were.

I wonder if the fact that they are already reporting that he has had emotional and mental issues, etc., may be keeping the liberal media from covering it too much since that has been a main point of focus in the pro-gun fight vs. the antis' suggestion that it's the weapons doing all the bad stuff.

BaiHu
06-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Zawa-what-I?

There's your answer.

Racist :rolleyes:

fixer
06-09-2013, 09:56 AM
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#story/sns-rt-us-usa-shooting-californiabre95615w-20130607/

If it was a Lanza/white/conservative character, wouldn't we be erasing the 2A from the Constitution?

Here is my tinfoil answer:

I don't think it has much to do with race. I think it has to do with the anti-gun, anti-2A crowd being defeated. If you were them , why bother over-reacting to these incidents? Why bother getting your media and political allies amped up for a good old fashioned gun control debate--when Newtown couldn't even result in a change to background checks?

In other words, the mechanism of hyper-sensationalism of crime has recently shown to deliver poor results for gun control measures.

Not to mention, politically speaking, the Obama administration's credibility is insurmountably low.

Tamara
06-09-2013, 01:13 PM
A guy in a state where AR-15s are next thing to banned walks right through a "NO GUNS" sign as though it was made out of paper and shoots a couple people with one? And he had a juvie record and may have been committed in the past? How does that help The Narrative?

FWIW, this took up a whole "BREAKING!" top third of the page at CNN.com yesterday morning. Now that it looks like his mental illness may have been exacerbated by a case of Sudden Jihad Syndrome, the press has lost interest in it as a possible means of distracting people from PRISM.

EDIT: Just went and checked CNN.com again. I was wrong. It's still taking up the top third of the page, which would normally be devoted to ongoing administration scandals. SQUIRREL!

Hatchetman
06-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Doesn't conform to accepted MSM narratives created in furtherance of thinly veiled political agendas and hence won't be thrummed on for fear it will show how inaccurate said narratives prove to be.

mnealtx
06-10-2013, 07:17 PM
A guy in a state where AR-15s are next thing to banned walks right through a "NO GUNS" sign as though it was made out of paper and shoots a couple people with one? And he had a juvie record and may have been committed in the past? How does that help The Narrative?

FWIW, this took up a whole "BREAKING!" top third of the page at CNN.com yesterday morning. Now that it looks like his mental illness may have been exacerbated by a case of Sudden Jihad Syndrome, the press has lost interest in it as a possible means of distracting people from PRISM.

EDIT: Just went and checked CNN.com again. I was wrong. It's still taking up the top third of the page, which would normally be devoted to ongoing administration scandals. SQUIRREL!

Regular squirrel, or Brigid's "CoverSquirrel"?

It *is* sorta funny that Tingles hasn't been speculating on the motives behind the shooting, no?

Suvorov
06-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Zawa-what-I?

There's your answer.

While I'll be the first to point out that there is an undeniable effort by the mainstream media to call acts of Jihadist Terrorism something other than terrorism, I doubt this is the case here. Both this guy as well as his brother have Christian names. LA is full of Lebanese who fled from the ethnic cleansing (if you can call it that with Muslims run out Christians) of the 1980s.

That said, there is something funny going on.

A couple things A) don't add up - such as why would a shooter bring along a frigging case plus of ammo with him (we all know how heavy that would be) as well as an extra upper receiver, and B) this all plays in quite well with the current crop of gun control initiatives that are about to be shoved down Kalifornian's throats. I'd bet that we will see some sort of attempt to regulate upper receivers during next years assembly.