PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92G Elite II slide compatibility

YVK
06-08-2013, 07:22 PM
What commonly available 92 Berettas can an Elite II slide be mounted on? A holster builder doesn't have an access to a full Elite II pistol; I am willing to ship him a slide if he had a compatible frame.

Thanks.

shootist26
06-08-2013, 07:41 PM
I think they fit on all regular 92 frames, you'll just need a 92 Brigadier slide stop/release lever due to the extra thickness of the slide.

LHS
06-08-2013, 11:16 PM
I think they fit on all regular 92 frames, you'll just need a 92 Brigadier slide stop/release lever due to the extra thickness of the slide.

Correct. A 92 Brig/Elite slide will fit on any full-size 92 frame. It just won't allow the slide stop to engage unless you get the special Brig slide stop.

Out of curiosity, which holster maker are you sending it to? I'm always looking for quality makers who can do Elite/Brig holsters :)

Slavex
06-09-2013, 05:33 AM
throw it on a 90TWO frame and use the Elite II recoil rod and spring.

YVK
06-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Correct. A 92 Brig/Elite slide will fit on any full-size 92 frame. It just won't allow the slide stop to engage unless you get the special Brig slide stop.

Out of curiosity, which holster maker are you sending it to? I'm always looking for quality makers who can do Elite/Brig holsters :)

Builder in question is Tony Mayer from JM Custom Kydex. I am also contacting Tom from the Dark Star. Both guys have excellent reputation and deserve to be given business.

Sal Picante
06-18-2013, 11:38 AM
BTW - Blade-Tech makes holsters for the Brig slides...

YVK
06-18-2013, 01:16 PM
BTW - Blade-Tech makes holsters for the Brig slides...

Only one I found is a strong side OWB that's not good for concealment at all. Funny how it is IDPA approved yet it is about mile away from the body.
Do they make something that will work out for CCW?

Sal Picante
06-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Only one I found is a strong side OWB that's not good for concealment at all. Funny how it is IDPA approved yet it is about mile away from the body.
Do they make something that will work out for CCW?

Dude - The slide is super wide... I guess BT could custom mold an IWB holster for you, but... really?

YVK
06-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Dude - The slide is super wide... I guess BT could custom mold an IWB holster for you, but... really?

I practice and train with whatever gun is on me that day.

In other words, if I can't carry it, I am not interested in it.

LHS
06-19-2013, 01:02 AM

I carry my Elite IWB pretty much every day. No big deal with the right holster.

Sal Picante
08-06-2013, 12:13 PM
I practice and train with whatever gun is on me that day.

In other words, if I can't carry it, I am not interested in it.

I picked up a Blade-Tech Nano IWB holster and there is easily enough play in it to fit a brig slide.

Works awesome for AIWB too.

I was wrong.

Check it out...