PDA

View Full Version : How often do you shoot drills?

cslate
06-05-2013, 02:49 PM
How often are you all shooting drills? Any favorites? What do you think is the best drill progression for beginning shooters?

Sal Picante
06-05-2013, 03:42 PM
How often are you all shooting drills? Any favorites? What do you think is the best drill progression for beginning shooters?

Honestly, I think the most accessible path to progress is detailed here: Ben Stoeger's Champion Shooting. (http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Shooting-Process-Success-ebook/dp/B00A2VR1SG)

Dot drill, El Prez, Bill Drill, 4 Aces Drill, etc... He give some pretty good par time insights too.

cslate
06-07-2013, 07:42 AM
So the poll results were unexpected. What prevents you from shooting live-fire more often? Do most people shoot dry-fire drills as a substitute? I know this has to be way cheaper.

David Armstrong
06-07-2013, 12:28 PM
I just don't shoot near as much as I used to. I'll still make it a point to get some rounds in every month, but unless I'm giving a class I find most of my shooting to be checking out a gun as opposed to working on my performance. The drill I'm most likely to use is an El Prez.

Maple Syrup Actual
06-07-2013, 03:34 PM
My monthly round count varies from 200 to 600. But if I'm shooting, I'm shooting drills. I don't do anything else, unless I'm competing, which is rare for me.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

ST911
06-07-2013, 04:36 PM

DOTW, every week. I may have an additional session or two between, as time and life allow.