PDA

View Full Version : The shortest sight radius yet on a Glock.

Doug
06-04-2013, 11:08 PM
I don't get the motivation of many of the Israeli weapon accessories except for making money by appealing to the unsuspecting.

http://www.zahal.org/products/cat-magnetic-laser-sight-os-magnet

http://www.zahal.org/files/images/CAT/OS%20Magnet/cat-magnet-1.jpg

This is a new one on me.

It is a magnet (on a recoiling slide), it is a laser, and a super short open sight... :rolleyes:

orionz06
06-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Magnets, how do they work?

Sal Picante
06-05-2013, 12:04 AM

Are juggalos welcome here?

:rolleyes:

LittleLebowski
06-05-2013, 06:22 AM
When I hear "Israeli tactical," I go the other way.

TCinVA
06-05-2013, 06:48 AM
I don't know why, but when I saw the picture I got a notion in my head that it's supposed to be used with a center-axis relock type technique for some reason.

orionz06
06-05-2013, 06:55 AM
I don't know why, but when I saw the picture I got a notion in my head that it's supposed to be used with a center-axis relock type technique for some reason.

Superior gear used with superior technique can only produce superior results.

Nephrology
06-05-2013, 07:51 AM

I have a friend who pulled the Israel card to justify the purchase of a Century Galil whose barrel/feed ramp was so improperly installed it would ruin the tip of the round each time it was chambered. He also bought a jericho....in .40...... :confused:

Tamara
06-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Purse. Full. Of kittens.

Zhurdan
06-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Well, hopefully it makes the "PEW, PEW, PEW" sound every time you shoot.

Kinda makes me think of Dr. Evil. "All I want are friggin' Glocks with friggin' laser beams attached to their slides!"

TGS
06-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Can I switch out the standard notch for a Z-Flex flip-up combat sight?

LOKNLOD
06-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Can I switch out the standard notch for a Z-Flex flip-up combat sight?

Way too much awesome. I think if you did that, the gun would go self-aware and just start preemptively killing your enemies for you in advance.

will_1400
06-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Sometimes I can't help but wonder if Mossad is paying people to make these useless abortions disguised as "high speed equipment" in some weird campaign to trick their enemies into procuring useless equipment under the guise of "turning the Israelis' technology against them".

Of course thoughts like this usually occur to me after being awake for 20+ hours and with my friend Jamison sitting on the desk next to my computer...

vaglocker
06-05-2013, 09:21 AM
If the gun will still fit in my Glock carbine conversion chasis with the laser attached I think they have a winner!

NickA
06-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Sometimes I can't help but wonder if Mossad is paying people to make these useless abortions disguised as "high speed equipment" in some weird campaign to trick their enemies into procuring useless equipment under the guise of "turning the Israelis' technology against them".

Of course thoughts like this usually occur to me after being awake for 20+ hours and with my friend Jamison sitting on the desk next to my computer...

I've had the exact same thought, even without the assistance of alcohol.

If the gun will still fit in my Glock carbine conversion chasis with the laser attached I think they have a winner!

Nah, you need that Corner Shot thing for true tactical WIN :D

David Armstrong
06-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I think the idea is much like some of the red dot sights and even some scopes I've seen that put a small set of sights on the top of the device for emergency use if the dot/scope goes down. Not sure why we would mount a laser there to start with, seems like a solution to a non-problem.

ST911
06-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Don't be hatin. I heard Delta uses that. Or was it the SEALs?

Nephrology
06-05-2013, 12:42 PM

I think it was Rainbow Six...Tier 0. You probably haven't heard of them.

Mr. Goodtimes
06-05-2013, 01:05 PM

One of my favorite things I hear working in a gun shop... People think its good because it's Israeli. I see where their coming from, I would think that the Israelis would be pretty good at weapons design and tactics seeing as how many people they kill on a weekly basis, but no, some of the dumbest gun accessories come from Israel. I'm pretty sure the last good thing Israel gave us was the Uzi. The Tavor is pretty "meh" and there was that abortion "corner shot" thing on future weapons.

NickA
06-05-2013, 01:06 PM

Good guesses, but incorrect.
I can't tell you the name because it's classified, but it's actually the security force at the largest retail shopping center in the U.S. :cool:

Dropkick
06-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Looks like it is perfectly compatible with a SERPA holster.

Doug
06-05-2013, 03:04 PM

How about "magnetomechanical"?

I couldn't make this up if I tried! It is "doubled powered"

http://www.zahal.org/files/images/products/DPM/MAGNETOMECHANICAL/mgn-dpm-1.jpg

http://www.zahal.org/products/magnetomechanical-recoil-reduction-system?path_parent=153433

"This system works due to the multi spring intricate rod which in cooperation with the magnetic base locks the slide with doubled power (because of the magnetic attraction) and delays momentary the movement of the slide, achieving the maximization of escape
of gases from the barrel's muzzle..."

Tamara
06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Pop Quiz:

"A ____ and his _____ soon are ______."

Fill in the blanks. Ready? Go!

ToddG
06-05-2013, 03:35 PM
A kitten and his kitten are soon kittened.

Nephrology
06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
A kitten and his kitten are soon kittened.

In the kitten.

Corey
06-05-2013, 11:17 PM
P.T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute."
His assistant thought about it and replied, "OK, but where do all the rest of them come from?"

I don't know the answer to that question but I do know where they go for tactical gear. I just wish I could come up with a way to take their money without feeling guilty about it. Although someone did once tell me that it is morally wrong to allow a fool to keep his money. I wonder if that is the operating principle at some of the companies or if they really believe their own BS.

Corlissimo
06-06-2013, 07:57 AM

I bet Sheepdog247 could end all the speculation about these. Hopefully he can straighten out this bag of snakes.

ETA: His unit was probably the first up for T&E work.

David Armstrong
06-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Don't be hatin' on my Israelis, folks. Where else can you find fighting forces who wear purple or orange berets??:cool:

Zhurdan
06-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Don't be hatin' on my Israelis, folks. Where else can you find fighting forces who wear purple or orange berets??:cool:

The militant wing of the LGBTA? ;)

LHS
06-06-2013, 12:22 PM
What's the big deal? Everyone knows you won't use the sights once your mindset kicks in for the FIGHT!!!

JV_
06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
With that laser, and a glass breaker mag base plate (http://www.dpmsystemsusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42), you'll be all set.

orionz06
06-06-2013, 12:52 PM
With that laser, and a glass breaker mag base plate (http://www.dpmsystemsusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42), you'll be all set.

Are pistol bayonets illegal in your area of operation?

JV_
06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Are pistol bayonets illegal in your area of operation?I'm not sure, but I have a gun shop near me where an employee AIWBs bayonet! No - I'm not kidding, he tucks a huge bayonet in to his belt/pants.

The first time I saw it I thought he just tucked it in there when he was carrying too much stuff from his car - and was out of hands (or something...). But followup visits to the shop shows it a part of his normal "EDC". He also EDCs a Brunton ADC pro wind meter ... it gets windy in those gun shops.

orionz06
06-06-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure, but I have a gun shop near me where an employee AIWBs bayonet! No - I'm not kidding, he tucks a huge bayonet in to his belt/pants.

The first time I saw it I thought he just tucked it in there when he was carrying too much stuff from his car - and was out of hands (or something...). But followup visits to the shop shows it a part of his normal "EDC". He also EDCs a Brunton ADC pro wind meter ... it gets windy in those gun shops.

Sounds like one of the types to shoot with a friend who says "send it" for every shot.

LOKNLOD
06-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Sounds like one of the types to shoot with a friend who says "send it" for every shot.

Sounds like he is the friend who says "send it" for every shot.

orionz06
06-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Maybe it was Sheepdog24/7?

LOKNLOD
06-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Maybe it was Sheepdog24/7?

Got made too easily. This guy sounds more like Sheepdog9/5,4onSaturdays.

ToddG
06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Got made too easily. This guy sounds more like Sheepdog9/5,4onSaturdays.

+100 Bonus Internets for you.