PDA

View Full Version : Terror attack in London

LittleLebowski
05-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Looks like a beheading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

Nephrology
05-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Video of the suspect pontificating to someone with a cell phone camera with the soldiers blood on his hands (Scroll down ~1/3 of the way for the video) :

http://www.itv.com/news/

Disturbing is the complete lack of reaction from passers by. "Firearms Officers" that arrived on the scene put rounds in both suspects.

I would love to see them try this here in a free state. I would hope that at least here these vile pieces of garbage wouldn't have to wait for the nanny state to arrive before they started taking rounds.

Kyle Reese
05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
They don't call it Londonistan for nothing....

LittleLebowski
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Supposedly one perp had a.....handgun.

Nephrology
05-22-2013, 01:52 PM

bu-bu-bu-but those are ILLEGAL!!!

Kyle Reese
05-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Obviously they need to ban those in the UK.....:rolleyes:

BigT
05-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Unpossible. You mean to say criminals and terrorists sometimes ignore common sense gun control measures? Does not compute.

fuse
05-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Impossible. Everyone knows lslam is a religion of peace.

LOKNLOD
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM
bu-bu-bu-but those are ILLEGAL!!!

He probably bought it at a gunshow in America. Isn't that the evil source of all illegal guns? (Except for the ones the gov't pushes to Mexico, of course)

Nephrology
05-22-2013, 02:09 PM
He probably bought it at a gunshow in America. Isn't that the evil source of all illegal guns? (Except for the ones the gov't pushes to Mexico, of course)

If only we had universal background checks.... for shame, America. For shame.

BaiHu
05-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Unpossible. You mean to say Republicans and Tea Partiers sometimes ignore common sense gun control measures? Does not compute.

Fixed it for ya :)

fixer
05-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Man there are some stories that make my skin crawl...and utterly convince me of why I need to carry at all times.

JM Campbell
05-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Man there are some stories that make my skin crawl...and utterly convince me of why I need to carry at all times.

Word....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Goodtimes
05-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Prayers out to the soldier that was killed. This stuff is absolutely sickening. The UK is hopeless.

fuse
05-23-2013, 11:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jb7JF9c.jpg

I hope the users of this forum get the reference.

BaiHu
05-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Nice fuse.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BaiHu
05-23-2013, 12:12 PM
So much for one of the largest big brother societies to keep track of those they already knew about....and it still took them 20+ minutes?? What about all of their cameras over there? Luckily the UK has anti-terrorism laws and have banned some groups, otherwise this could've been worse :rolleyes:

The two men, who were captured on cellphone video covered in blood and spouting jihadist rhetoric moments after the attack, have not yet been named. But the killers, who wielded a machete and a cleaver and were dubbed "sickening individuals" by an incensed Prime Minister David Cameron, were already on the radar of security services, according to the BBC.
And Anjem Choudary, the leader of radical Islamist organization al-Muhajiroun -- a group banned under anti-terrorism laws in the UK -- has told Reuters that he knows one of the reported suspects. Michael Adebolajo, named by the BBC as one of the attackers, attended a number of the organization's demonstrations, lectures and activities according to Choudary, although he claimed not to have seen him for about two years.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/23/brave-woman-tried-to-reason-with-london-attackers/

Mr. Goodtimes
05-23-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm very accepting and respectful of others cultures and religions, however, that acceptance and respect ends when you're culture/religion starts to endanger my personal security. Are there peaceful Muslims? Absolutely, but while not all Muslims are terrorists the overwhelming majority of terrorists are Muslims.

Shellback
05-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Muslims are using various strategies throughout the world to "win" their battle against the infidels. They will out breed the indigenous population and seek to impose Sharia law through sheer numbers. All this while utilizing the welfare system and taking advantage of all the benefits they can muster to further harm the country economically. Anyone who hasn't caught on to this yet is a few steps behind.

Shellback
05-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Brits begin anti-Muslim riots. Video here (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-23/rioters-clash-with-london-police/4708010).

BaiHu
05-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Where were all of these uniforms yesterday? :rolleyes:

Shellback
05-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Where were all of these uniforms yesterday? :rolleyes:

Where are we today? (http://lawenforcementtoday.com/tag/hancock-ny/)

In Hancock, NY an Islamic community that sits on 80 acres of land has decided to form its own government. They call their community: The Town of Islamberg. They have their own mayor, deputy mayor and five town council members. None of them are elected, of course.

RoyGBiv
05-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Where are we today? (http://lawenforcementtoday.com/tag/hancock-ny/)

Drives me crazy when articles like that are not dated.
Thanks for posting.

ETA: Looks like this link is the same article with a 16-Nov-12 date:
http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2012/11/16/informant-islamic-compounds-in-america-are-training-for-jihad/

Shellback
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Drives me crazy when articles like that are not dated.
Thanks for posting.

ETA: Looks like this link is the same article with a 16-Nov-12 date:
http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2012/11/16/informant-islamic-compounds-in-america-are-training-for-jihad/

Appears to be the same. I highly suggest people read it. We're breeding and feeding homegrown terrorists.

Kyle Reese
05-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Appears to be the same. I highly suggest people read it. We're breeding and feeding homegrown terrorists.

Republicans & Tea Party members?

Shellback
05-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Republicans & Tea Party members?

No question. Evil libertarians too!

Wendell
05-23-2013, 06:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5qPHsvGMQI

JodyH
05-23-2013, 06:21 PM
http://shop.helpforheroes.org.uk
I bought a shirt in memory of Drummer Lee Rigby and in support of our UK allies.

jlw
05-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Winston must be spinning.

TGS
05-23-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm sort of surprised at some of the comments here about Islam that border on bigotry. Some thoughts that come to mind:

-Most of the terrorism in the US is in the name of Christ....not Allah. So, go "religion of peace" yourself.....Christianity hasn't had an exactly awesome history with human rights, either. So think about that before claiming Islam is not a religion of peace simply because there is currently a fanatical element twisting its words to convince a poor, neglected class that the evil west is causing their problems.

-Condemnation of terrorism by the Muslim community has occurred. If you haven't seen it, then that means you're unaware....not that it has not occurred.

-A self-governing community that abuses women and children, stockpiles weapons illegally, has a history of being involved in murder and advocates overthrow of the US government: if they're a Christian community, then there's outrage at the government for investigating/shutting them down....because hey they're just good'ole Christians trying to maintain family values and live a private life, and it's obviuosly nothing other than a tyrannical government trying to destroy the Christian way of life. If they're a Muslim community? Outrage that the community exists and joy that the government investigated/shut them down.

RoyGBiv
05-23-2013, 07:05 PM
^^^ While I don't completely disagree, let's also remember that the Davidians were insular and just wanted to be left alone (to commit crimes against their members, granted), vs. these guys in NY that are training specifically to commit terrorism and murder Americans.

TGS
05-23-2013, 07:11 PM
^^^ While I don't completely disagree, let's also remember that the Davidians were insular and just wanted to be left alone (to commit crimes against their members, granted), vs. these guys in NY that are training specifically to commit terrorism and murder Americans.

Absolutely true. The comment wasn't particular to just the Davidians, however. There's plenty of terrorist training camps in the US that act in the name of Jesus, too.

RoyGBiv
05-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Absolutely true. The comment wasn't particular to just the Davidians, however. There's plenty of terrorist training camps in the US that act in the name of Jesus, too.

Agreed... But... Why do I not fear them in anywhere near the same way?

TGS
05-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Agreed... But... Why do I not fear them in anywhere near the same way?

Well, the easy argument would be that mass media thing.

There's definitely a perception today that terrorism is a Muslim thing, even though statistically it is also largely a Christian thing. Perhaps a Jesus freak blowing up an abortion clinic, government building or slicing and dicing a gay is just classed as a crazy person by today's society, and doesn't necessarily carry that connotation of terrorism. I'm not sure why......that's definitely a deep conversation. Probably a touch of xenophobia in there as well, since most of our citizens are Christians and not Muslims.

Slavex
05-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Having just reviewed my insurance policy for my house, it specifically excludes acts of terror now. So if some whack job does something and someone determines it was done for terroristic purposes, I'm SOL. I certainly hope the poor guy who got killed doesn't have a life insurance policy with the same exclusion, if he does, his family is going to get screwed by the insurance company.

jc000
05-23-2013, 08:38 PM

Care to provide some examples? Not fully buying it.

Wendell
05-23-2013, 09:12 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02570/woolwich-knife_2570492c.jpg

The second alleged attacker talks to a woman whilst holding a bloody knife (@dannymckiernan)
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10074029/Shootings-and-machete-attack-in-south-east-London-live.html>

:eek:

ToddG
05-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Care to provide some examples? Not fully buying it.

Uh, Stormfront?

jc000
05-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Uh, Stormfront?

Isn't that a message board? I wouldn't call it a terrorist training camp. I doubt most of the people who participate there do so in Jesus' name either. More like Hitler's.

JM Campbell
05-24-2013, 05:00 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02570/woolwich-knife_2570492c.jpg

The second alleged attacker talks to a woman whilst holding a bloody knife (@dannymckiernan)
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10074029/Shootings-and-machete-attack-in-south-east-London-live.html>

:eek:

"QUE!!!!" weight shift to right leg.....Bad Ju Ju.

ToddG
05-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Isn't that a message board? I wouldn't call it a terrorist training camp. I doubt most of the people who participate there do so in Jesus' name either. More like Hitler's.

Sorry, I was unclear. Go there, find plenty of people talking about preparation for a religious/race war. Look around and you'll find more than a few who live in paramilitary compounds. And quite a few of those groups do in fact use bizarre interpretations of the Christian bible as their excuse for being dingbats.

Nonetheless, I don't worry about the devout Catholics living next door to us any more than I worry about the devout Muslim family across the street. Which is to say, not at all.

TCinVA
05-24-2013, 07:48 AM
-Most of the terrorism in the US is in the name of Christ....not Allah. So, go "religion of peace" yourself.....Christianity hasn't had an exactly awesome history with human rights, either. So think about that before claiming Islam is not a religion of peace simply because there is currently a fanatical element twisting its words to convince a poor, neglected class that the evil west is causing their problems.

I think if you actually look up things like abortion clinic bombings and compare the numbers to terrorist attacks or attempted terrorist attacks by radical islamists you'll pretty soon find that your idea of where "most of the terrorism in the US" originates is incorrect. And this is to say nothing of the various political radicals who commit acts of terrorism of various degrees like the radical animal rights groups, environmentalists, etc.

Let's not get too carried away with talking points.

No identifiable political, ethnic, or religious group on earth is stainless in terms of a record on human rights. That being said, right now the guys causing the most mayhem have some things in common and the religion they subscribe to has numerous influential leaders endorsing acts of violence as well as condemning them. In Christianity today you don't see the Pope preaching non-violence while the head of the Greek Orthodox church preaches slaying non-believers wherever they're found.

jc000
05-24-2013, 08:02 AM
I think if you actually look up things like abortion clinic bombings and compare the numbers to terrorist attacks or attempted terrorist attacks by radical islamists you'll pretty soon find that your idea of where "most of the terrorism in the US" originates is incorrect. And this is to say nothing of the various political radicals who commit acts of terrorism of various degrees like the radical animal rights groups, environmentalists, etc.

Let's not get too carried away with talking points.

No identifiable political, ethnic, or religious group on earth is stainless in terms of a record on human rights. That being said, right now the guys causing the most mayhem have some things in common and the religion they subscribe to has numerous influential leaders endorsing acts of violence as well as condemning them. In Christianity today you don't see the Pope preaching non-violence while the head of the Greek Orthodox church preaches slaying non-believers wherever they're found.

Thanks. I don't think it has to turn into a blanket attack on Muslims when one openly addresses the pretty clear issues we are facing with an increasing Islamic presence in western countries.

No need to start throwing down the 'bigotry' card.

RoyGBiv
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Quoting from this thread... http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?8280-RAF-Typhoon-jets-scrambled-to-a-Pakistan-aircraft-carrying-297-passengers&p=136556#post136556

Apparently they've arrested a couple of chaps for attempting to damage the plane.

I wonder what their RELIGION was...
I don't recall anyone ever trying to suicide-crash an airplane in the name of Jesus, or Moses...

JHC
05-24-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree with the stat analysis here.

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2013/05/britains-rabid-dogs.html#comments

At best we are only facing several hundred million radical jihadist leaning lunatics. At best only 1 or 2 in ten in the US feel murder of civilians can be justified. No problem. Just like Baptists. :confused:

TCinVA
05-24-2013, 09:49 AM
I don't recall anyone ever trying to suicide-crash an airplane in the name of Jesus, or Moses...

...but some people in distant times past have done some pretty awful things in the name of Jesus or Moses, and I wouldn't put taking down an airliner past someone of their mindset.

That being said, when somebody tries to take down an airliner we all pretty much think the same thing because that's been the script for the last thirty or so years. We aren't being touched inappropriately by government employees because of Krishnas. It's not a matter of possibility for it's possible for any identifiable group to have someone go wookie and do something horrible stating their group's beliefs/identity/whatever as a justification. It's about probability.

Just like the Boston bombing. Instantly people in the press were taking Tea Party nonsense when anyone with the ability to do math calculated the number of Tea Party acts of terrorism against the number of attempts by franchise jihadists and concluded that the Islamist angle was a more likely vector for that violence. During the DC sniper episode federal agents were busy interviewing Todd about his guns when the sniper turned out to be an Islamic-inspired radical shooting people with a stolen gun.

Patterns aren't immutable law, but we'd be fools to ignore patterns in the pursuit of security. I mean, it's possible I could get shot in the face by a guy who gets out of an Audi S8 wearing a Kiton suit and a Zenga tie wearing a Rolex Daytona on his wrist...so if he approaches me I'll MUC him, but not the same way I'll MUC a dude with face tats and a dirty hoody who is trying to blindside me in the dark.

TGS
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
I think if you actually look up things like abortion clinic bombings and compare the numbers to terrorist attacks or attempted terrorist attacks by radical islamists you'll pretty soon find that your idea of where "most of the terrorism in the US" originates is incorrect.

No identifiable political, ethnic, or religious group on earth is stainless in terms of a record on human rights. That being said, right now the guys causing the most mayhem have some things in common and the religion they subscribe to...

Well, Tim, but I've read way too many articles discussing specific events and the trend of domestic terrorism to believe that, to include scholarly articles and government reports. So many articles, that I couldn't even figure out which ones to pick-and-choose to post here. There's that many saying the opposite of what you're claiming.

So, who am I suppose to believe?

If there is a technical difference in the reporting or determining what religion is attributed as a motivator to the culprits, that could certainly explain the difference in our views. So, for conversation's sake, let's go ahead and agree that Christian extremists do not account for more terrorism than Muslim extremists. Even still, FBI reporting puts Muslims at only 6% of terrorism. That certainly does not support what you or others in this thread are claiming, that Muslims are largely responsible for terrorism in the US.

TCinVA
05-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Well, Tim, but I've read way too many articles discussing specific events and the trend of domestic terrorism to believe that, to include scholarly articles and government reports. So many articles, that I couldn't even figure out which ones to pick-and-choose to post here. There's that many saying the opposite of what you're claiming.

So, who am I suppose to believe?

Well unless I've missed out on this massive slate of abortion clinic bombings due to some sort of mental disorder that renders me unable to see them, I think I'm pretty safe in saying that the Islamic-inspired terrorists have a more violent track record on our soil.

The thing about "scholarly articles" and "government reports" is that they are influenced by a great many things, political correctness among them. The Clinton Justice department invested lots of time and attention at domestic terrorism possibilities (white supremacist, christian extremist, sovereign citizens, etc) because of the threat they posed...but as history shows us the possibility for problem from that sector didn't correspond to the bloodshed that's gone on since then. Plenty of people inside the DOJ argued for more resources to be dedicated to looking at the threat posed by radical Islamists and yet their warnings went unheeded. And consequently the last decade has been spent fighting violent Islamists around the globe.

The guys the FBI keeps busting in the effort to try and produce massive amounts of casualties at Christmas tree lighting ceremonies or after they've parked an SUV full of explosives in the NYC theater district are domestic, too...but they haven't been doing those things in pursuit of racial purity.

None of what I'm saying is arguing that Muslim = terrorist, but when we look at the world around us we'd have to willingly take leave of rational thought to say that Islamic-themed terrorism isn't really the 800 pound gorilla of terrorism at the moment. 20 years from now it could be somebody entirely different, but since Munich in '72 terrorism that impacts western interests and citizens has been perpetrated primarily by people hollering a lot of Allah Ackbar.

If in 20 years time the Tamil Tigers up the ante and are all around the globe blowing things up and beheading people in the street I'll be just as worried about them.

JHC
05-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Whom I gonna believe, a politicized FBI (demonstrably now) or my own lying eyes? The Muslims are the champs now. This Administration esp DHS and DOJ have been chomping at the bit to roll up right wing or Christian terrs for years now. They've rolled up next to nothing and it ain't for lack of looking.

I'm not calling for a pogrom. I work daily with several awesome Muslim software developers. Great guys; one a devout Huntsman Republican. ;) The other an absolute beer lush. Both born and raised in Paki and long settled here now. Very Americanized.

TGS
05-24-2013, 10:26 AM
So, the response to whatever government reports or scholarly articles I read is that it's an obvious coverup or conspiracy to attack conservatives? Even the data collected during both Bush's and the Reagan administrations?

Yup. About what I expected. I guess I'll call this conversation done on my end.

NickA
05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
I mean, it's possible I could get shot in the face by a guy who gets out of an Audi S8 wearing a Kiton suit and a Zenga tie wearing a Rolex Daytona on his wrist...

Only if SouthNarc's mad at you :p

JHC
05-24-2013, 12:27 PM
So, the response to whatever government reports or scholarly articles I read is that it's an obvious coverup or conspiracy to attack conservatives? Even the data collected during both Bush's and the Reagan administrations?

Yup. About what I expected. I guess I'll call this conversation done on my end.

I've been following this topic for many years before 9/11. I'm not a knee jerk bigot. I'm a neocon that supports working with Muslim partners. But if I come across something that flies against other knowns plus my own observation I have to wonder who is behind the outlier. If Muslim terrorist plots only make up 6% of the recent American terrorist incidents - why are they not in the news? The media loves the right wing terrorist story. I don't miss many of those. Not trying to be an ass; there has to be some sort of classification issue. If it were mass killings and terrorists made up only 6% of crimes where more than 4 people are killed then I could see that as a possibility and its sort of a category/classification issue.

BaiHu
05-24-2013, 01:53 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329951/Woolwich-attack-How-MI5-ex-prisoner-sights-preached-Poundland-just-yards-murder-scene.html

One of the pair – Michael Adebolajo – was so high profile he was photographed outside Paddington Green police station six years ago behind notorious hate preacher Anjem Choudary.
He was even intercepted by officials as he attempted to travel to Somalia to fight alongside Islamist terrorists last year.
It also emerged that Adebolajo was a violent ex-prisoner who was a member of a banned terrorist group.
Incredibly, he was said to have been preaching jihad on the streets of Woolwich earlier this week, only a few hundred yards from where 25-year-old Army Drummer Lee Rigby – a married father – was beheaded.

ToddG
05-24-2013, 02:16 PM
TGS - With all due respect my friend, it's poor of you to attack people's criticism of your "studies and reports" when you specifically opted NOT to link any of them. In particular, I'd like to know how "terrorism" is defined in those studies. Around here, you can get charged with making terrorist threats for yelling at your neighbor's dog the wrong way.

I'm with you 100% that the folks who use the word Muslim as if every Muslim was a clone of the next are stupid. I'm with you 100% that plenty of folks motivated by a wide array of religious texts have perpetrated heinous crimes in the world.

But at the same time, as Tim points out, it's awfully obvious who the true TERRORists have been nine times out of ten over the past few decades. Perhaps they haven't made as many angry threatening phone calls as, say, anti-abortion Christians. But I am pretty sure they've blown up more soldiers, flown more airplanes into skyscrapers, and killed a kitten-ton more innocent people for the sake of political statement and sowing fear.

JodyH
05-24-2013, 02:21 PM
When you turn a blind eye to criminal behavior because of the perpetrators race, religion or other PC reason, you encourage an escalation in that criminal behavior.
I guarantee we'll be seeing some serious escalation in violence here in the US over the next 3 years for the exact same reason.
Using criminals as a tool to manipulate the citizenry is a tried and true political tactic.

JodyH
05-24-2013, 02:23 PM
As long as groups such as the SPLC are seen as legitimate sources of data for government reports... I'll remain skeptical of the conclusions.

Spray painting a swastika on a synagogue or setting a Hummer dealership on fire =/= beheading someone in the street, yet all are categorized as terrorism.

ford.304
05-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Really, most Muslims live outside of the Middle East. We aren't so much at war with Indonesian terrorists (although there's plenty of fighting going around in that part of the world on its own terms).

I think people get distracted by the religious issue. We're in a political terror war with specific groups and cultures that happen to be Muslim. Their religion is important to them as ours is to us, but it isn't the teachings of Christ or Mohammed that's driving the difference, it's a hundred years of geopolitical power struggle combined with a culture clash between one part of the world that went through the Enlightenment and the 60's and one part that hasn't really yet. It's anti-imperialism and economic conflict and racism and pure base desire for power. It gets expressed through religion, because culture always goes through religion, but you can't blame bombings on Islam any more than you can blame pogroms on Christianity in general.

So, I'm not surprised the dudes are Muslim, because the guys on the other side tend to be from Muslim parts of the world. But it isn't the root of the problem, just a convenient marker of difference.

Honestly, you put a modern Christian in a room with a Christian from 200-300 years ago and they'd probably start trying to murder each other, too. We don't think too kindly of slavery/white man's burden/women as her husband's property now. Christianity itself didn't change, the culture that calls itself Christian changed.

JodyH
05-24-2013, 03:15 PM
We don't think too kindly of slavery/white man's burden/women as her husband's property now.
Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down there, i'm still on the fence about manifest destiny but they aren't called the "good old days" for nothing.
:p

ford.304
05-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down there, i'm still on the fence about manifest destiny but they aren't called the "good old days" for nothing.
:p

;-)

TCinVA
05-24-2013, 04:53 PM
As long as groups such as the SPLC are seen as legitimate sources of data for government reports... I'll remain skeptical of the conclusions.

Spray painting a swastika on a synagogue or setting a Hummer dealership on fire =/= beheading someone in the street, yet all are categorized as terrorism.

Exactly my point. There are certainly areas of concern from the right wing, but in no way have they proven to be anywhere near as dangerous or prolific as the Islamic terrorists.

Lots of groups would like to pretend otherwise for various reasons ranging from the well meaning to the sinister, but the body counts don't lie.

Whether its comfortable to hear or not, the fact is that Islam's infrastructure is being used as a system of control and to aid and assist terrorists. Academic papers may not cover it much, but the federal courts have plenty of indictments against various Islamic charities that turned out to be funneling money to various terrorist groups.

All Muslims, of course, didn't give to those charities hoping to buy bomb vests for suicide bombers, but it still happened. All Muslims don't give money to the telethons they hold for the families of suicide bombers, but plenty do.

Hopefully someday soon all of that will change.

Shellback
05-24-2013, 05:18 PM
When you turn a blind eye to criminal behavior because of the perpetrators race, religion or other PC reason, you encourage an escalation in that criminal behavior.

Do you mean like this (http://digitaljournal.com/article/346059#ixzz2U9duTJp8)?

High profile-gang rapes in India have been in the headlines since December. The phenomenon is growing across Europe too, but tends to be under reported due to the high incidence of Muslim perpetrators which makes it politically incorrect to mention.

BaiHu
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Do you mean like this (http://digitaljournal.com/article/346059#ixzz2U9duTJp8)?

Racist :p

TGS
05-24-2013, 05:45 PM
TGS - With all due respect my friend, it's poor of you to attack people's criticism of your "studies and reports" when you specifically opted NOT to link any of them. In particular, I'd like to know how "terrorism" is defined in those studies. Around here, you can get charged with making terrorist threats for yelling at your neighbor's dog the wrong way. .

But not equally poor for others to attack my criticism without supporting evidence, and to openly base their criticism on a massive academia and government wide conspiracy? ;)

One to check out would be right on the FBI's website, which gave me the 6% statistic. I believe it reflected from 1980-2005. I'm now on the company Toughbook with crappy internet, and will be until after midnight tonight and again all day tomorrow, please forgive me for not linking it directly at this time. Some of the articles I cannot link as they were in my school's online library....largely from CIAO and RAND, IIRC.

JodyH
05-24-2013, 05:53 PM
The Fort Hood shooting was classified as workplace violence.
Think about that when you're looking at the FBI 6% statistic.

Al T.
05-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Tamara was not talking specifically about the London killing, but seeing the video about the riots there made me think about what she said:

I dunno... The EUtopians may seem all soft, docile, and toothless right now, but the recent immigrant welfare sponge class is playing with fire here. Euros have a proven zero-to-jackboots time lower than just about anybody on the planet. Get Gunter or Pierre all backed into a corner and feeling existentially threatened and you'll be wishing you hadn't, faster than you can say "Arbeit Macht Frei".

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2013/05/stockholm-is-burning.html

mnealtx
05-24-2013, 08:50 PM
TGS - With all due respect my friend, it's poor of you to attack people's criticism of your "studies and reports" when you specifically opted NOT to link any of them. In particular, I'd like to know how "terrorism" is defined in those studies. Around here, you can get charged with making terrorist threats for yelling at your neighbor's dog the wrong way.

I'm with you 100% that the folks who use the word Muslim as if every Muslim was a clone of the next are stupid. I'm with you 100% that plenty of folks motivated by a wide array of religious texts have perpetrated heinous crimes in the world.

But at the same time, as Tim points out, it's awfully obvious who the true TERRORists have been nine times out of ten over the past few decades. Perhaps they haven't made as many angry threatening phone calls as, say, anti-abortion Christians. But I am pretty sure they've blown up more soldiers, flown more airplanes into skyscrapers, and killed a kitten-ton more innocent people for the sake of political statement and sowing fear.

Well said, Todd.

ToddG
05-24-2013, 10:39 PM
But not equally poor for others to attack my criticism without supporting evidence, and to openly base their criticism on a massive academia and government wide conspiracy? ;)

As JodyH ("the H stands for reactionary!") pointed out it's hard to look at the Ft. Hood case, for example, without feeling a little motivation to stock up on tinfoil. But my main point was that if you're going to say "I read stuff" then the reactions you get from folks are pretty much open season. Go back and read your original post and I think you'll agree it was a bit dismissive, that's all.

One to check out would be right on the FBI's website, which gave me the 6% statistic. I believe it reflected from 1980-2005.

Again, my question becomes what is classified as terrorism? If this:
http://tribal-fitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Twin-Towers-on-9-11.jpg

... and this ...

https://drkronner.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/ruxins-tag.jpg?w=625&h=348

... both count as equal "terrorist acts," the number doesn't mean a lot.

BaiHu
05-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Wonder what the response time was on this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2330180/Woolwich-attacks-Man-charged-making-racist-anti-religious-Facebook-comments-British-soldier-s-death.html

Kyle Reese
05-25-2013, 12:11 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2330180/Woolwich-attacks-Man-charged-making-racist-anti-religious-Facebook-comments-British-soldier-s-death.html

Minutes?

Shellback
05-25-2013, 12:55 PM

Quelling free speech, awesome.

fixer
05-25-2013, 01:07 PM
None of what I'm saying is arguing that Muslim = terrorist, but when we look at the world around us we'd have to willingly take leave of rational thought to say that Islamic-themed terrorism isn't really the 800 pound gorilla of terrorism at the moment. 20 years from now it could be somebody entirely different, but since Munich in '72 terrorism that impacts western interests and citizens has been perpetrated primarily by people hollering a lot of Allah Ackbar.

Agreed 100%.

I'd also like to believe that none of us on this forum would care what brand of terrorist someone is when they are approaching us with meat cleaver, machete, and dripping with blood.

Shellback
05-25-2013, 07:07 PM
More arrests made. (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/25/friend-suspect-in-uk-soldier-killing-arrested-after-giving-tv-interview/)

TCinVA
05-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Politics is about symbols, and to an extent so are wars.

These two chaps attacked a Brittish soldier yards outside his home base by running him down with a car, cut off his head, and waited for 20 minutes chatting with bystanders about The UK's offenses against Islam.

In the aftermath the leaders of the UK are jumping in front of every camera they can find saying this has nothing to do with Islam.

Those are some pretty big symbols.

LHS
05-26-2013, 12:01 AM
French soldier stabbed in neck by man wearing jeballah and prayer cap.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/05/25/french_soldier_stabbed_in_the_throat_outside_paris .html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/french-soldier-stabbed-in-neck-by-robed-attacker/2013/05/25/7164ead0-c56a-11e2-914f-a7aba60512a7_story.html?hpid=z2

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/25/us-france-stabbing-idUSBRE94O09420130525

BaiHu
05-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Nothing to see here:

Three prisoners were reported to have held the warden, who suffered a fractured cheekbone, hostage before stabbing him during a four-hour stand-off with guards on Sunday afternoon.
The attack at Full Sutton prison in East Yorkshire was said to have left the officer “badly shaken”, while a female prison guard was also understood to have been injured as she tried to intervene.
The incident reportedly took place after a prison imam called for inmates to pray for Drummer Rigby.
The North East Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU) has been called in to lead the investigation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10083899/Terror-police-called-in-after-prison-warden-stabbed-in-attack-inspired-by-Woolwich-murder.html

RoyGBiv
05-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Hopefully someday soon all of that will change.

Likely for the worse...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/05/28/islam-rule-numbers-and-beheading-in-london/

“Islam’s Rule of Numbers,” a rule that expresses itself with remarkable consistency: The more Muslims grow in numbers, the more Islamic phenomena intrinsic to the Muslim world—in this case, brazen violence against “infidels”—appear.

Zhurdan
05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Likely for the worse...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/05/28/islam-rule-numbers-and-beheading-in-london/

Welp, if you can't beat them out, breed them out. Sad but effective tactic.

BaiHu
05-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Prima nocta: it ain't for the Anglos no more.....

Shellback
05-29-2013, 04:43 PM
French soldier stabbed in neck by man wearing jeballah and prayer cap.

Looks like the Frogs may have caught the bad guy (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/world/europe/french-police-arrest-suspect-in-attack-on-soldier.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0).

The French police on Wednesday arrested a 21-year-old man described as a recent convert to Islam who they said had confessed to stabbing a French soldier on Saturday in a Paris suburb.

Kukuforguns
05-30-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.nctc.gov/site/profiles/a-c.html (contains information on suspected/known terrorists - reviewing the names is enlightening)
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/terror_08.pdf (National Counterterrorism Center's 2008 report on terrorism; I refer you to page 22)

Kyle Reese
05-31-2013, 07:28 AM
Looks like the Frogs may have caught the bad guy (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/world/europe/french-police-arrest-suspect-in-attack-on-soldier.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0).

My money was on a disgruntled Huguenot or follower of Le Pen. Shocking development!

Shellback
05-31-2013, 11:50 AM
My money was on a disgruntled Huguenot or follower of Le Pen. Shocking development!

Stop hanging out with Tam! You guys make me Google my fingers off :)

NickA
05-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Stop hanging out with Tam! You guys make me Google my fingers off :)

Huguenots: what happens when a 4 year old tries to tie their shoes :D

BaiHu
05-31-2013, 02:03 PM

Bazinga!

Shellback
05-31-2013, 03:15 PM

Nice :)