PDA

View Full Version : The rats on the SS Obamacare are jumping overboard....

BaiHu
05-22-2013, 11:19 AM
The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) — a 1.3 million-member labor group that twice endorsed Obama for president — is very worried about how the reform law will affect its members’ healthcare plans.

Last month, the president of the United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers released a statement calling “for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act.”

UNITE HERE, a prominent hotel workers’ union, and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters are also pushing for changes.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-vespa/2013/05/21/three-labor-unions-including-teamsters-want-obamacare-repealed-when-will

TCinVA
05-22-2013, 11:27 AM
The time to be worried was BEFORE the thing passed.

It's amazing to me to see people who pushed to have this monstrosity enacted now complaining about what it might do to their members.

Of course, a more cynical person would offer that these various groups expressing concerns are looking for favorable treatment within the byzantine monstrosity of Obamacare since apparently it empowers the administration to do just about anything they please...

They don't object to an unfair system, but rather want to ensure they end up on the sweet end of the unfair system.

orionz06
05-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Now they're worried about it?

TCinVA
05-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Now they're worried about it?

It seems rather like worrying about your house burning down after you've doused it in gasoline and thrown the match.

"Oh, crap! My house is on fire!"

"Well what in God's name did you expect to happen???"

RoyGBiv
05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
They don't object to an unfair system, but rather want to ensure they end up on the sweet end of the unfair system.
And they have every reason to expect they will be successful at reaching this goal.

Mitchell, Esq.
05-22-2013, 11:41 AM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-vespa/2013/05/21/three-labor-unions-including-teamsters-want-obamacare-repealed-when-will

I'll have a coke.

JFK
05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
... released a statement calling “for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act.”

The key phrase being "...or complete reform." Every liberal kitten-tard that designed this thing knew it was as disaster, but a great way to usher in a single payer system. Break it beyond repair and then run to the rescue with statism prevailing and saving the day.

LOKNLOD
05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
... released a statement calling “for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act.”

The key phrase being "...or complete reform." Every liberal kitten-tard that designed this thing knew it was as disaster, but a great way to usher in a single payer system. Break it beyond repair and then run to the rescue with statism prevailing and saving the day.

B-I-N-G-O!

Kyle Reese
05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
So the people who advocated passing it are in a panic because they'll have to take part and pay their fair share?

Continue the joke.......

LHS
05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
So the people who advocated passing it are in a panic because they'll have to take part and pay their fair share?

Continue the joke.......

You're a funny man...

JConn
05-22-2013, 01:30 PM

Exactly. I wish I could be happy about this being a complete disaster as we all knew it would be, but unfortunately that's just what they wanted. We all know the end goal for this, the same as we know the end goal for gun control.

jlw
05-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Come on, guys. It had to be passed in order to find out what was in it before anyone could be worried about it.

MDS
05-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Come on, guys. It had to be passed in order to find out what was in it before anyone could be worried about it.

So if you worried about it before, you were accused of erasing a tin foil hat. If you worry about it later, you must be wearing a hat that covers your eyes, ears and mouth. What sucks is I can't see a good path for sane people...

I think I'm going to join Mitchell for a coke...

Mitchell, Esq.
05-22-2013, 08:44 PM
So if you worried about it before, you were accused of erasing a tin foil hat. If you worry about it later, you must be wearing a hat that covers your eyes, ears and mouth. What sucks is I can't see a good path for sane people...

I think I'm going to join Mitchell for a coke...

You want that chilled, on ice or with jack or rum.

JConn
05-22-2013, 08:46 PM

The way things are going I'm gonna skip the coke and go straight for the single malt, before it is deemed a health risk and causes my premiums to go up.

MDS
05-22-2013, 09:06 PM

All of the above

Joe in PNG
05-22-2013, 09:29 PM

Quad Bacardi 8 with Coke for me... hold the Coke... and the ice...

Mitchell, Esq.
05-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Quad Bacardi 8 with Coke for me... hold the Coke... and the ice...

Drink the coke or you can't play...

will_1400
05-22-2013, 09:51 PM
I've got a bottle of Glenfidditch 12 year single malt I've been saving for a special occasion. Might as well crack it open and enjoy the show.

Odin Bravo One
05-22-2013, 10:39 PM
That's drinking whiskey.........not special occasion whiskey.

May as well drink it. Replace. Repeat.

JFK
05-22-2013, 11:15 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NKPgOT80Bhc/UNJd7MaWTbI/AAAAAAAAAWk/JEGS84Rz_oc/s1600/004.JPG

That is special...

Odin Bravo One
05-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Tell me that is your house, and your personal stash.

Oh, and Obamacare is bad. (to stay on topic!)

LHS
05-23-2013, 01:11 AM
I've got a bottle of Glenfidditch 12 year single malt I've been saving for a special occasion. Might as well crack it open and enjoy the show.

Glenfidditch 12 and Glenlivet 12 are what I keep on hand to give to people who want to drink Scotch but don't merit the privilege of drinking my good stuff.

SGT_Calle
05-23-2013, 06:15 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NKPgOT80Bhc/UNJd7MaWTbI/AAAAAAAAAWk/JEGS84Rz_oc/s1600/004.JPG

That is special...

Oh my goodness.....

Also, Obama care sucks.

will_1400
05-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Glenfidditch 12 and Glenlivet 12 are what I keep on hand to give to people who want to drink Scotch but don't merit the privilege of drinking my good stuff.

Hey, I'm just a lowly E-3. It's not exactly like an 18 year or better single-malt is happening any time soon, especially when I'm trying to save up the money to move out of the barracks and get a decent apartment as well as setting up an ammo fund and a rainy day fund.

JConn
05-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Hey, I'm just a lowly E-3. It's not exactly like an 18 year or better single-malt is happening any time soon, especially when I'm trying to save up the money to move out of the barracks and get a decent apartment as well as setting up an ammo fund and a rainy day fund.

Aberlour 16 year is 60 bucks at the class six and is much better than 12 year, oh and I'm just waiting for the announcement that obamacare is going to replace tricare as part of budget cuts.

BaiHu
05-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Obamacare sucks and Basil Hayden is not a bad bourbon for those that don't warrant any of your scotch. Plus if they pour a coke it in, you won't want to strangle them. Someone poured OJ into my Tito's vodka :mad: once.....ONCE :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MDS
05-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Obamacare sucks and Basil Hayden is not a bad bourbon for those that don't warrant any of your scotch. Plus if they pour a coke it in, you won't want to strangle them. Someone poured OJ into my Tito's vodka :mad: once.....ONCE :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

At least Tito's isn't so spendy. It's what turned me on to vodka.

ObOnTopic:

I once broke my leg in construction.
The government promised full function
But I l limp to this day.
I've got one thing to say:
Obamacare generates suction.

YVK
05-23-2013, 08:15 AM

That is special...

This is not even fair, I can't find a single bottle of PVW...
Macallan 18 and Lagavulin 16 do provide a dose of comfort, though.

Oh, Obamacare mostly is bad.

BaiHu
05-23-2013, 10:24 AM
The wheels on the bus.....

Some prominent health insurers, including industry giant UnitedHealth Group Inc., are not participating in California's new state-run health insurance market, possibly limiting the number of choices for millions of consumers.

UnitedHealth, the nation's largest private insurer, Aetna Inc. and Cigna Corp. are sitting out the first year of Covered California, the state's insurance exchange and a key testing ground nationally for a massive coverage expansion under the federal healthcare law.

Meanwhile, the biggest insurers in the state — Kaiser Permanente, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California — are all expected to participate in the state-run market for individual health coverage.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-health-insure-20130523,0,1895918.story

JFK
05-23-2013, 10:55 AM
No... I wish it was my personal stash, but alas that is a website rip off photo....

I had a bottle of Pappy once, but Obamacare sucks and now its gone.

A little side note for the Bourbon lovers..... The same people who make Pappy make a Bourbon called Old Rip Van Wrinkle. And at risk of being flamed it is more drinkable than Pappy. Just does not have the cool factor.

Back on topic. Obamacare = Bad, Small Batch Bourbon = Good