PDA

View Full Version : New Instructor Looking For Demo Single & Double Action Pistols

CigarStix
05-20-2013, 11:56 PM
This is not the place for "Want to buy posts. Please read the rules of this forum and follow all state and federal laws when attempting to acquire firearms. Any attempts to circumvent the laws will result in your account being banned at pistol-forum.com

LittleLebowski
05-21-2013, 05:14 AM
As an instructor, how do you NOT know how to lawfully procure firearms?

LSP972
05-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Take an NRA class; hang out a shingle.

"Two weeks ago I couldn't spell INSTRUCTOR... and now I are one!"

WDW
05-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Scissors, glue, some crayons, a little glitter and Baaaam!!! You got yourself some demo guns.

CigarStix
05-21-2013, 11:05 PM
I don't understand the rude responses.

The Mission of this Forum begins, "The mission of pistol-forum.com is to serve as a professional resource for the exchange of information . . ."

Does everyone get slammed for asking such benign questions on this forum? Thanks for your help!!

LSP972
05-22-2013, 07:23 AM
I don't understand the rude responses.

Of course you don't. While some of us were "rude", in the strictest sense of the term, there is a reason for it. I am almost... almost... tempted to apologize, because I'm reasonably certain you don't realize how your seemingly innocent question made you appear to be.

Here's the deal... far too many of us have seen people who get a "certificate" that awards them the grand title of instructor. These folks begin "teaching", when they really don't have the first clue what they are talking about. We see a felonious amount of this amongst the concealed carry permit "instructors" in my state.

That said, everybody has to start somewhere. But it is getting out of hand in many places, and a lot of bad information is being put out to otherwise un-initiated folks... folks who only want to be able to defend themselves within the confines of law.

I could go on, but hopefully you get the picture. I dunno, you might be a HSLD sheepdog operator with tons of experience. But your query made you look like the newest of the clueless noobs.

So there it is... an "almost" apology.;)

CigarStix
05-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Of course you don't. While some of us were "rude", in the strictest sense of the term, there is a reason for it. I am almost... almost... tempted to apologize, because I'm reasonably certain you don't realize how your seemingly innocent question made you appear to be.

Here's the deal... far too many of us have seen people who get a "certificate" that awards them the grand title of instructor. These folks begin "teaching", when they really don't have the first clue what they are talking about. We see a felonious amount of this amongst the concealed carry permit "instructors" in my state.

That said, everybody has to start somewhere. But it is getting out of hand in many places, and a lot of bad information is being put out to otherwise un-initiated folks... folks who only want to be able to defend themselves within the confines of law.

I could go on, but hopefully you get the picture. I dunno, you might be a HSLD sheepdog operator with tons of experience. But your query made you look like the newest of the clueless noobs.

So there it is... an "almost" apology.;)

The reason I became an instructor is because of all the poor info that's being shared out there!

Of course, I know where I can buy guns!! I was hoping someone in the "Revolver" Section might know of some decent used revolvers. Is that such a stupid expectation??

I really didn't think my original post was such a stretch!

Kyle Reese
05-22-2013, 12:12 PM
The reason I became an instructor is because of all the poor info that's being shared out there!

Of course, I know where I can buy guns!! I was hoping someone in the "Revolver" Section might know of some decent used revolvers. Is that such a stupid expectation??

Nephrology
05-22-2013, 12:20 PM

www.gunbroker.com

www.armslist.com

ToddG
05-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I was hoping someone in the "Revolver" Section might know of some decent used revolvers.

Except that isn't what you asked for and your original post came across much more like "Need guns. Anyone know how to get guns?"

Rather than being upset at the responses you received, perhaps you should consider just how many people mistook your meaning and whether that could mean the message you sent wasn't the one you intended. Violating the forum's FSOT rules with your first post probably did not help endear you to the membership, either.

As this thread appears to have hit a death spiral with no more substantive discussion forthcoming, I'm closing it. Please feel free to ask your question in an appropriate manner in the appropriate section of the forum.