PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight for Steel Challenge?

grinder308
05-08-2013, 12:31 AM
is this 25mm scope as fast as a 30mm in quick transitions like those found in Steel Challenge?

dbm
05-08-2013, 08:08 AM
is this 25mm scope as fast as a 30mm in quick transitions like those found in Steel Challenge?

Don't think so. I have nowhere near the level of shooting expertise of many on this forum; but, I did have the TRS-25 mounted on a MKIII. Just never considered it great sight for rapid acquisition of targets. Other than that, I found it pretty good for the price.

grinder308
05-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the reply. I ordered this sight and hope I works for me. If it does not acquire targets quickly, I will try a Tasco pdp3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

lightning fast
05-08-2013, 12:11 PM
I'd stop spending money on low quality "budget" optics, and buy something that has a reputation for quality and durability.

grinder308
05-08-2013, 01:45 PM
What scopes do you recommend? I will be using it for IPSC matches also(mounted on a 9x21 caliber pistol). I have had good luck with Tasco scopes in the past, and hope that is Bushnell holds up as well. If it does work well I will get a dedicated scope for both guns.

dbm
05-08-2013, 05:29 PM
grinder,

I had my TRS-25 for about a year and it held up very well. Good points are: 3 MOA dot; excellent brightness adjustment - rheostat has 10 or 11 positions (even with sun in my face, I had no problem getting a visible/bright dot); initial set up/adjustment was easy; exceedingly long battery life - specs say 3000 hours and I believe it). Less than great point: The LED (Or what ever it is that projects the dot) is mounted in the field of view. While it is not hard to get used to, it does take away some of the field of view.

I think is is a good quality sight and the price is good.

grinder308
05-08-2013, 06:50 PM
dbm,
Sounds mostly good, I hope I can deal with the led protrusion. I have not shot in 13-14 years, that's why I'm asking questions on equipment. I hope I like the scope, because I don't want to spend money on a C-More!

John Ralston
05-09-2013, 09:51 AM
dbm,
Sounds mostly good, I hope I can deal with the led protrusion. I have not shot in 13-14 years, that's why I'm asking questions on equipment. I hope I like the scope, because I don't want to spend money on a C-More!

C-More is like the gold standard...and probably money well spent. You do get what you pay for, and luckily, when you buy quality you can usually get most of your money back out of it if you sell.