PDA

View Full Version : HK Pro Shooting Team on Twitter

gtmtnbiker98
02-25-2011, 03:22 PM
I guess this falls in line with Competition Discussion.

HK's shooting team has a Twitter site and for those interested, here's a link: http://twitter.com/HKProShooting#

It's nice to see HK getting more serious in the competitive realm.

JV_
02-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Nice, now if they'd just be a bit more S&W or Glock like for stocking parts, I'd be all set.

gtmtnbiker98
02-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Nice, now if they'd just be a bit more S&W or Glock like for stocking parts, I'd be all set.
Wouldn't we both. But to date, whatever I've needed in a pinch, both Link and Travis have been accommodating.

beltjones
02-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Who is on their team, KC Eusebio and who else?

Eusebio is a brilliant Open shooter, but do they make an Open gun? Or are they going to make him switch to Production or something? It's a little weird.

gtmtnbiker98
02-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Who is on their team, KC Eusebio and who else?

Eusebio is a brilliant Open shooter, but do they make an Open gun? Or are they going to make him switch to Production or something? It's a little weird.Jason Koon and KC comprise the team, Jason is the Captain.

ToddG
02-26-2011, 10:16 AM
HK is working with the guys on the team to develop some P30's into Open guns.

gtmtnbiker98
02-26-2011, 10:21 AM
HK is working with the guys on the team to develop some P30's into Open guns.

That would be interesting. I'd like to see an RDS mounted on a P30, similar to Bowie's setup on the MP9. I might go that route on one of my P30's, just to see what all the fuss is about.

ToddG
02-26-2011, 10:47 AM
The slide pin positions on the P30-series are going to make a slide mounted RDS tricky.

gtmtnbiker98
02-26-2011, 01:55 PM
The slide pin positions on the P30-series are going to make a slide mounted RDS tricky.Agreed, that's why I find it interesting. Unless, of course, they are going to make an Open rig without an RDS. Hell, Vogel can win Open Nats running irons, so I guess an RDS isn't a (per se) requirement.

beltjones
02-27-2011, 02:09 AM
Vogel never won Open Nationals using iron sights!

No offense to the good folks at HK, but it would take a lot to make an HK competitive in USPSA Open division. We're talking frame-mounted RDS, massively improved SA trigger, compensator (that's the easy part), mag well, and so on. I just don't see it happening. I think KC will likely shoot some major matches in Production division with an HK and still shoot Open with his 2011.

In any case I think KC is our best chance to beat Grauffel at the world shoot in October. If he's using an HK to do so, I just don't see it happening. Again, no offense to HK, they're great, reliable, accurate guns. They're just not race guns - and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

gtmtnbiker98
02-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Vogel never won Open Nationals using iron sights!

No offense to the good folks at HK, but it would take a lot to make an HK competitive in USPSA Open division. We're talking frame-mounted RDS, massively improved SA trigger, compensator (that's the easy part), mag well, and so on. I just don't see it happening. I think KC will likely shoot some major matches in Production division with an HK and still shoot Open with his 2011.

In any case I think KC is our best chance to beat Grauffel at the world shoot in October. If he's using an HK to do so, I just don't see it happening. Again, no offense to HK, they're great, reliable, accurate guns. They're just not race guns - and that's not necessarily a bad thing.Sorry about that, it was the 2009 Pro Am using a limited gun in Open. Got the ole' wires crossed.

fuse
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM
The slide pin positions on the P30-series are going to make a slide mounted RDS tricky.

seems like it would also be somewhat 'interesting' to see someone attempt to mill into to the slide ala http://www.glockworx.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3720

Slavex
02-28-2011, 03:21 AM
IMHO milling the slide for a red dot is a waste of time, when you are talking about shooting in a match. Part of the purpose of running a dot is to have it not be on a part of the gun that is moving all over the place. Tracking a dot on a frame mounted setup is much much easier than one mounted in the slide.
They could always go with one mounted off the rail on the dustcover, but it would make for a front heavy gun, once you throw on a comp and all that. A better choice would be to find a way to attach it to the frame either with longer pins, or inserts in the frame that are threaded.

beltjones
02-28-2011, 09:15 AM
I totally agree. I can't think of a successful open shooter currently using a slide mounted optic. However, I still think the trigger might be the biggest hurdle. HK is going to have to engineer a trigger mechanism that breaks at around 2 lbs. and has very, very little travel in order for the gun to be competitive.

Again, Eusebio is a brilliant shooter, but aren't there loads of Production guys out there shooting Glocks who would love to have HK as a sponsor? Throw a P30L in one of their hands and call it a day. From a marketing standpoint, this seems like a better idea than making a P30 into a frankengun that in no way resembles anything in the HK catalog.

vecdran
03-02-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm just hoping that with whatever they come up with, they release a match trigger for the P30 to the general public. Grayguns does great work, but it kind of futzes with that warranty thing...

jetfire
03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Personally, whatever HK does I'd really actually like to see them do a limited run of the guns for the market. I'd buy an HK P30 open gun just for the sake of novelty.