PDA

View Full Version : P30 and HK45 Sight Options...Ameriglo

JM Campbell
04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Well I have been looking for other sight options for my P30 besides the Heinies, Triji, and Mepro. I contacted Ameriglow on Sunday through their website ( www.ameriglow.com ) about the HK sight conundrum and that we need more viable options like the Hack and I Dot Pro set up for the Glocks.

My response from Ameriglow was very prompt since it was a holiday/weekend after all and less then a 24 hour response in my book is great. It was short and sweet but Rick Callihan in the Sales dept responded as quoted from the email...

"We are receiving more inquires for these models and will look at adding these later this year."

Well gents hopefully this means in a few months time we will have another option to suit our needs.

ToddG
04-25-2011, 01:49 PM
That's very good news! When I spoke to them at SHOT, the response was a very straightforward, "Not enough demand. No plans for HK sights."

JodyH
04-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Maybe my ploy of calling up every few days and asking for h&k hack sights is wearing them down.

double-Tapatalk

JM Campbell
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Maybe my ploy of calling up every few days and asking for h&k hack sights is wearing them down.

I think that's what we all need to do.

NGCSUGrad09
04-25-2011, 03:41 PM
On the availability of sights, does anyone know the status of Warrens for the P30 series? I shot one this past weekend and like the gun, but want to know if my favorite sights are to be available?

JodyH
04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I've been trying to get one of the FLETC/USBP firearms instructors to request a P2000 Hackathorn sight as a T&E on official FLETC letterhead.
Maybe that would get the wheels turning a little faster.
But, as usual the Fed's are a real pain in the ass when it comes to any modifications of duty weapons, even getting them to allow an instructor to T&E new sights is almost impossible.
Trust me, I trying every avenue possible to get some Hack sights for H&K's.

turbolag23
04-26-2011, 07:56 AM
i like the i-dot pro's on my glock, it would be nice to have them on my P30 too.

VolGrad
04-26-2011, 08:30 AM
On the availability of sights, does anyone know the status of Warrens for the P30 series? I shot one this past weekend and like the gun, but want to know if my favorite sights are to be available?

On March 24 I asked Rick for HACK sights for the P30. His response was, "Probably won't make anything for that gun.". Good job wearing him down folks. Keep it up.

NGCSUGrad09 ... any time you want to shoot another one ... I have one.

STS
04-27-2011, 10:28 AM
I emailed them yesterday and received a response today stating that P30 sights will be available starting in September.

ToddG
04-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I emailed them yesterday and received a response today stating that P30 sights will be available starting in September.

How awesome is that?

John Ralston
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM

Ameriglo?

JohnN
04-27-2011, 12:31 PM
I hope they are easier to install than Heinie's.

JM Campbell
04-27-2011, 12:55 PM
That is freaking awesome!! T -5 months

STS
04-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Ameriglo?

Yes.

GJM
05-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Spoke to them yesterday, and he confirmed fall, and the sights will come in various sizes so you can get an exact zero!

JM Campbell
05-14-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm a very happy camper now ;)

You'veGotRedOnYou
11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Forgive me if this had been posted somewhere else on the forum, but is there any update on these sights? I checked their web site and still no mention of the p30 as of now. I've been using XS sights for a while now and want to get back into 3-dots, but can't really find a sight I like, though these have piqued my interest.

Thanks!

JohnN
11-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Forgive me if this had been posted somewhere else on the forum, but is there any update on these sights? I checked their web site and still no mention of the p30 as of now. I've been using XS sights for a while now and want to get back into 3-dots, but can't really find a sight I like, though these have piqued my interest.

Thanks!

Sent an email to 10-8 performance last week inquiring about their upcoming new sight. Realistically it will probably be Jan-Feb before we see anything, more than likely waiting to release at the SHOT Show.

Oops...just realized this thread was about the Ameriglo sight.

wrt81
12-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Has anyone heard any additional news about the Ameriglo sights being available for the P30? I'm guess maybe they are waiting until SHOT?

Skold
12-02-2011, 06:57 PM
I also would like to know if anyone has heard anything about the HK sights from ameriglo.

t1tan
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Last week I inquired with Ameriglo about HK sights, as well as for the newer Walthers and was told next year now for HK45/P30 and "no plans" for Walther.

Skold
12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Dang, I guess ill just have to wait, thanks for the reply!

secondstoryguy
01-06-2012, 09:25 AM
I just got an email back from Ameriglo that said P30 sights will be available "mid-2012".

KravPirate
01-07-2012, 10:43 AM
10-8 Performance is introducing a rear sight for the P30/45 series that should be ready soon. Also, it seems like I saw Jason Falla mention that he was working on one for the P30.

JodyH
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Unless it's a Trijicon HD or a Ameriglo Hackathorn setup for the P30... I'm not interested.

JohnN
01-07-2012, 08:33 PM
10-8 Performance is introducing a rear sight for the P30/45 series that should be ready soon. Also, it seems like I saw Jason Falla mention that he was working on one for the P30.

Since Jason has his sights made by 10-8 I would imagine the only difference will be a square rear notch instead of Hilton's U-notch.

EmanP
01-08-2012, 04:08 AM
The 10-8 will be the rear only. Who cares about the rear, it's the front that's needed. How many people look at their rear sight anyway?

KravPirate
01-08-2012, 10:35 AM
The 10-8 will be the rear only. Who cares about the rear, it's the front that's needed. How many people look at their rear sight anyway?
Who cares about the rear? Front sight is important but you need a good rear sight to track the front sight! If you don't care about the rear then just buy a Big Dot rear and an Ameriglo front. Let's see how that works out for ya.

JohnN
01-08-2012, 04:34 PM

You lost me.

Sent using Tapatalk

EmanP
01-08-2012, 04:47 PM
All the focus is or should be on the front sight, that tells you where the bullets goes. The rear is only a shadow that you use to help with the front. It doesn't matter if it's a square or a U or if it's got leprechauns on it. You don't focus on the rear sight, it's nothing more than a blurry image so who cares what it looks like. You focus on the front, that's what matters. I've shot with 10-8 perfect semicircle, the Warren U and regular notch rears for some time as well as trying the stupid XS sights and in the end, it doesn't matter because it's the front that is important. There's a huge difference between a .125 or a .110, an all black or fiber or tritium or gold, a non serrated, 25lpi serrated or 40lpi serrated front as well as a forward ramped vs partridge cut front sight. The only thing I've found a preference for in rear sights is no forward slanting rear sight or serrations which creates glare when they get dinged up. Front sights matter, not rear sights respectively. Truthfully, if you removed the rear all together you can still do pretty well. I ran a slick slide for a few matches and I was able to clean a texas star with only the bottom 2 plates exposed and a plate rack at 22 yards with 1 make up shot proving to myself that it's the index that matters most with could be done with nothing but the slide. Sights to help you line things up, but it's the front that makes the most difference.

EmanP
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
After some thought, I figured out an easier way to say this. The rear sight only frames your front sight which is what you should be seeing/looking at. It doesn't really matter how it frames it as long as it does.

Mitchell, Esq.
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Who cares about the rear? Front sight is important but you need a good rear sight to track the front sight! If you don't care about the rear then just buy a Big Dot rear and an Ameriglo front. Let's see how that works out for ya.

I actually used an I-dot rear with a big dot. Worked out good...but I don't trust my ad-hoc combo (couldn't be sure of the math) so it had to go.

ToddG
01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
The rear sight only frames your front sight which is what you should be seeing/looking at. It doesn't really matter how it frames it as long as it does.

That has not been my experience.