PDA

View Full Version : Available Colt AR's

WDW
04-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Budspolicesupply.com just got a bunch of Colt's @ awesome prices. 6720, 6920, 6940, 6721's.

texasaggie2005
04-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Can non-LEO buy from there? I'm away from my computer and can't check?

Le Français
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Can non-LEO buy from there? I'm away from my computer and can't check?

Yes, if you fall into any of the following categories:

Active Military personnel - all branches
Retired Military personnel - all branches
National Guard personnel - all branches
Military Reserve personnel - all branches
CAP - Civil Air Patrol
Fire Fighters - including volunteers
Paramedics and EMTs
TSA Employees
Commercial Pilots
Federal Flight Deck Officers
Court Judges
District and Deputy District Attorneys
All sworn Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
All retired Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
All Corrections Officers
State Licensed Security Companies

Source: budspolicesupply.com

texasaggie2005
04-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks, I'm SOL.

WDW
04-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Surely you have a buddy that falls into one of those categories. You know, it is worth paying the $150 to get your armed security officer license just for those discounts. Super easy to get too.

JAD
04-12-2013, 06:31 AM
Surely you have a buddy that falls into one of those categories. You know, it is worth paying the $150 to get your armed security officer license just for those discounts. Super easy to get too.

I'd rather pay more (and in this case wait) to someone who will sell to first responders.

VolGrad
04-12-2013, 10:01 AM
What's the price? I'm too lazy to go look.

My LGS ( Clyde Armory in Bogart, GA ) has 6920s in stock, regular and Magpul edition. The Magpuls are FDE and were $1349. The regular were less but can't recall, $1129 maybe? Don't hold me to that.

This is the "everyone" price. It's not restricted to class of job title.

TGS
04-12-2013, 10:44 AM
What's the price? I'm too lazy to go look.

6720 w/20rnd mag: $1000
6920 SOCOM w/30rnd: $1430
6940 w/20rnd: $1369

The others are 9mm, MT and ban state models.

Dan_S
04-12-2013, 12:28 PM
I'll support a company that doesn't buy into this "special class of person" nonsense simply because of whatever job they may or may not have.

Honestly, that sort of "preferential" attitude ticks me off.

Now that I have that out of the way, I guess I'll go crawl back under a rock since I'm just a mere civilian that doesn't deserve to just pay a reasonable price for a carbine...

TGS
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
I'll support a company that doesn't buy into this "special class of person" nonsense simply because of whatever job they may or may not have.

Now that I have that out of the way, I guess I'll go crawl back under a rock since I'm just a mere civilian that doesn't deserve to just pay a reasonable price for a carbine...

Tons of companies give discounts to mil, LE, FF, EMS, teachers, ect. Bud's police supply is just that side of the house for budsgunshop.com.

I don't see what's so controversial about it, or how it's any different/worse than other companies giving discounts to those with concealed handgun permits, early bird specials for old people, ect. But then, I'm also ex-mil and current EMS.... :p

MEH
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Remember, it's not the budspolice giving a discount, it Colt in this case. Most of these types of deals are sponsored by the manufacturers.

Tamara
04-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I'll support a company that doesn't buy into this "special class of person" nonsense simply because of whatever job they may or may not have...

How about restaurants with Senior Citizens' discounts or bars with ladies' nights? Do you boycott those, too?

What about student discounts? "Kids Eat Free" days? Are those cool?

Dan_S
04-12-2013, 02:08 PM
How about restaurants with Senior Citizens' discounts or bars with ladies' nights? Do you boycott those, too?

What about student discounts? "Kids Eat Free" days? Are those cool?

Nope, I don't do "discounts", thank you very much.

Give each customer a reasonably priced product, and be done with it.

It is simply a marketing gimmick, and those of us that don't fit into the "mold" get shafted. Awesome.

As someone that has actual business experience, I find a "discount" to be a pain in the neck from the business owners perspective, and downright insulting to the customer.

But then, I'm also ex-mil and current EMS.... :p

Cool. I'm glad that the members of the "privileged" class feel special when they get benefits that are beyond the scope of what others are allowed.

I guess I just find it a little odd, that those that are most likely to have a little extra cash, and don't *need* a "discount" are the very same ones that *get* the "discounts"... It is symptomatic of a highly biased marketing perspective, but hey.....whatever floats the boat of capitalism....

Byron
04-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Tamara asked if you boycotted business that offered discounts... which I'm still not sure if you do. You say you don't "do" discounts, so does that just mean that you still patronize such businesses, but don't partake in such discounts?

Because seriously (and this is the point I believe she and others are making), if you're that virulently "anti-discount" then you must not patronize any businesses. Maybe not all businesses advertise it as much, but it's almost impossible to find an establishment that doesn't offer any of the following discounts:

Age based - children, seniors, etc.
Organization based - student, trade group member, consumer group member, etc.
Behavior based - costumer loyalty programs, rewards systems, etc.
Employment based - employee discount, mall discount (i.e. the dude who works at Auntie Anne's Pretzels getting 15% off at the American Eagle next door), etc.

And on and on the list goes.

If the LE/Mil discount in particular bothers you, then I assume you're prepared to boycott pretty much every gun manufacturer?

As someone that has actual business experience, I find a "discount" to be a pain in the neck from the business owners perspective, and downright insulting to the customer.
And there are plenty of people with extensive business experience who disagree with you.

I guess I just find it a little odd, that those that are most likely to have a little extra cash, and don't *need* a "discount" are the very same ones that *get* the "discounts"... It is symptomatic of a highly biased marketing perspective, but hey.....whatever floats the boat of capitalism....
Huh? Since when are cops and troops more likely than the average citizen to have a little extra cash? I must have missed the news on that.

JAD
04-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Oh, I'm totally cool with discounts for mil and, I guess, cops. The near-OP asked if non-LE could /buy/ the guns at all, not at one price vs. another.

WDW
04-12-2013, 02:54 PM
As previously mentioned, it is quite exceedingly easy to become this "special kind of person" & qualify for purchase & save hundreds if not thousands of dollars over time. Plus, working private security on the side is a great way to make easy money in a pinch. Why are some of you guys so morally adamant against LE & the like discount programs? It's a great way, to get great guns, @ great prices. What's the problem. Their list of qualifying personnel is so vast, that literally if you aren't one or friends with one, you prob need to get out a tad more.

Tamara
04-12-2013, 03:23 PM

Give each customer a reasonably priced product, and be done with it.

It is simply a marketing gimmick, and those of us that don't fit into the "mold" get shafted. Awesome.

As someone with actual business experience, I laugh.

You know, if you'd come out and said "I boycott businesses that give discounts to cops and cossacks" I could have retained some respect for you for having the courage of your convictions. Instead, you patronize businesses that give discounts to select groups all the time, but then try to cover up by saying you don't.

From a business perspective, I found that "ladies' night" filled the parking lot with paying customers, as did the once-a-month motorcycle nights. And as a tax payer, I sure hoped the free range time and 10% LE ammo discount got more cops in there shooting than otherwise would have been the case.

Kyle Reese
04-12-2013, 03:24 PM

Relax. You might qualify for the Sheepdog Operator discount. :cool:

SecondsCount
04-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Do you really think that cops and military and other public servants are "most likely to have some extra cash"?

Although you can't lump all those folks into one, recently I stopped by a former neighbor who is a police officer. His 55" flat screen TV and the premium cable package tells me that he must be doing well.

It kind of reminded me of this poster-

http://home.comcast.net/~train2live/misc/priorities.jpg

ToddG
04-12-2013, 03:56 PM
The federal government charges arms & ammo manufacturers a tax (that gets passed along to you) but state/local LE agencies are exempt. Boycott the IRS!

I don't care what other people have to pay, I only care about what I have to pay.

Dan_S
04-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Tamara - do you actually believe half the nonsense you type? Seriously...?? You've got a real knack for twisting what should be a perfectly clear statement, and turning it into something completely unrelated to the subject at hand.

As far as the other comments - yes, I tend to believe that most cops have more money than I do, when in the area I live in the average cops salary is a solid thirty percent more than I could get (while working 12+ hour days, 7 days per week).

I guess I must live in an alternate universe than the rest of you.... Yeah, my rock is beckoning...

ToddG
04-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Everyone please keep on topic and avoid personal attacks. Thank you.

pr1042
04-12-2013, 04:29 PM
The 6720 is tempting but but bad timing for me :(

Plus, after the madness over the past few months, I'd rather support a local business (no offense to Buds as I've bought from there before) and pay a little extra at GT Distributors. As a lowly guard, I appreciate the discounts and usually end up buying more than I intended when I go there.

DanH
04-12-2013, 08:04 PM
I'll admit to having a moment or two of egalitarian outrage when I saw the list of favored persons, mainly because once I got past active and reserve military and National Guard everyone on the list could be described as civilians.
However, I put my libertarian pants back on and remembered they are a private business and have every right to give or not give discounts as they see fit. We aren't talking about government giving LEO's exemptions from a gun law here.

BWT
04-13-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm not against discounts. I'm just against businesses that don't sell to private citizens or treat them as somehow less important.

ETA: I believe discounts are the best way to market. Lets face it, being cheaper has caused Walmart to explode with success despite being hated.

WDW
04-13-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm not against discounts. I'm just against businesses that don't sell to private citizens or treat them as somehow less important.

ETA: I believe discounts are the best way to market. Lets face it, being cheaper has caused Walmart to explode with success despite being hated.

Buds does sell to the public. They have another site called Budsgunshop.com. Also, Buds isn't providing the discount. These discounts come straight from the manufacturer.

Tamara
04-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Also, Buds isn't providing the discount.

Because that would be a first. (On the other side of their shop, 6920s are running at five bills over the current market price. Caveat emptor, baby.)

LSP972
05-10-2013, 07:56 AM
relax. You might qualify for the sheepdog operator discount. :cool:

rotflmao.

Jay Cunningham
06-18-2013, 12:45 PM
I started a thread specifically on the Colt 6720:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?8593-Thoughts-on-the-Colt-AR6720-Lightweight-LE-Carbine&p=141070#post141070