PDA

View Full Version : Tuckable Holster

oaharoni
04-20-2011, 06:53 PM
I was wondering (actually, I know that on this forum I will get an educated answer) if anyone can suggest a shirt-tuckable holster, for those occasions where I just can't wear casual clothes?

VolGrad
04-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I was wondering (actually, I know that on this forum I will get an educated answer) if anyone can suggest a shirt-tuckable holster, for those occasions where I just can't wear casual clothes?

My favorite IWB of all times is the Comp-Tac CTAC. It will fit your bill. I wore one tucked in with khakis and a nice fitted polo shirt to a get together Friday night and no one noticed at all. Near the end of the gathering the host took me aside to show me her handgun (no not finger F#4king guns, just wanted to show me what she had) and I raised my shirt to show here the stippling on my GLOCK. She was surprised as she hadn't noticed I was carrying.

willowofwisp
04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
I have worn several tuckable holsters, comp-tac MTAC, CTAC, Crossbreed supertuck, and finally Raven concealment phantom with tuckable soft loops or offset tuckable soft loops, the Raven holster works best for my needs so far.

turbolag23
04-20-2011, 08:40 PM
i wear a comp-tac mtac, tucks great and the retention is very good, maybe a little too good for quick draws.

VolGrad
04-20-2011, 08:55 PM
i wear a comp-tac mtac, tucks great and the retention is very good, maybe a little too good for quick draws.

Let out the adjustment screws.

jslaker
04-20-2011, 11:13 PM
The Galco Skyops is comfortable and conceals extremely well, but collapses completely after draw, making it less than ideal. I'm planning on moving to an MTAC on the basis of all the great things I've heard about them; I'm just trying to decide whether I'm going to make a platform switch before I start buying more holsters.

I will say that Galco's Y clips are fantastic from a concealment standpoint.

turbolag23
04-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Let out the adjustment screws.

i've let out the 2 adjustment screws with the rubber parts behind them almost to the point of being unscrewed, its better now. With the leather backing depending on what position i carry it the leather flexes into the gun holding it tighter. thats my thought, or i'm doing something wrong.

Dropkick
04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
I've got a Blade-Tech UCH showing up tomorrow. If there is interest, I'll do a review on it.

I've been wearing a Desantis SOF-Tuck in the mean time. Which I could review too I guess.

Or at least get some pictures up of them, I suppose.

MTechnik
04-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I've got a Blade-Tech UCH showing up tomorrow. If there is interest, I'll do a review on it.

I've been wearing a Desantis SOF-Tuck in the mean time. Which I could review too I guess.

Or at least get some pictures up of them, I suppose.

Be careful of the blade-tech UCH - it has a big gap where the trigger guard goes, enough that my undershirt would get dragged in there when reholstering (especially when reholstering repeatedly, doing draw drills) - I was always concerned about an unexpected loud noise.

http://i.imgur.com/Pqllx.jpg

Dropkick
04-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Be careful of the blade-tech UCH - it has a big gap where the trigger guard goes, enough that my undershirt would get dragged in there when reholstering (especially when reholstering repeatedly, doing draw drills) - I was always concerned about an unexpected loud noise.

Thanks for the heads up... I'm going to go hit it with some tape. I got it yesterday, and I like it. I've got a small issue with the sweat strap digging my hand, so I'm going to have to grind that down a little.

Rappahannock
04-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I'd like to hear any reports about the holster with the colorful name, "King Tuk." High points for the name, don't know anything else about it other than it seemed reasonably priced.