PDA

View Full Version : Holster recomendations for Ruger LCP.

joepa150
03-22-2013, 07:05 AM
I currently use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster and a Remora holster for IWB. I feel that the Remora works good for a short period (running out to the store) but it will move around a bit after awhile no matter how tight I pull my belt (wilderness and A&G). I like pocket carrying BUT I always believe that you should have your pistol pointed in a safe direction. When I sit down while using a pocket pistol, it will be pointed at whoever is sitting across from me or in front of me which makes me uncomfortable. I also have a hybrid 2 clip holster but I feel that a 2 clip hybrid is too big for such a small pistol.

So after reading the AIWB post, I think I may give that a shot. Here are my requirements:
1) Holster has to be able use AIWB and IWB (4 o'clock) just in case I don't like AIWB
2) Reputable maker with good customer service and preferably lifetime warranty
3) Wait/lead time shorter than 5 weeks
4) Comfortable for all day carry
5) Cost less than $70 shipped
6) easy on and off so no 2 clip hybrid designs.

Thank you in advance.

vaspence
03-22-2013, 07:34 AM
I had a local kydex guy make a holster for my LCPs (one has sights installed on it, the other is stock) and for a friend's. I requested it to be AIWB friendly but in reality the pistol is so small that unless you have a huge holster any should be able to be carried AIWB. Anyhow I have carried the pistol for more than a couple of days AIWB just to try it out and honestly you forget it's there. Well made holster with a kydex clip by a local firefighter here in Richmond who has a very quick turn around. Pricing is good also. I'll get a pic up later today. It should meet all of your requirements other than lifetime warranty (I don't know what his warranty is, it may be lifetime he is a good guy). He has made a few OWB holsters for me and the build quality is great.

www.conditionorangeconcealment.com

joepa150
03-22-2013, 07:46 AM
I had a local kydex guy make a holster for my LCPs (one has sights installed on it, the other is stock) and for a friend's. I requested it to be AIWB friendly but in reality the pistol is so small that unless you have a huge holster any should be able to be carried AIWB. Anyhow I have carried the pistol for more than a couple of days AIWB just to try it out and honestly you forget it's there. Well made holster with a kydex clip by a local firefighter here in Richmond who has a very quick turn around. Pricing is good also. I'll get a pic up later today. It should meet all of your requirements other than lifetime warranty (I don't know what his warranty is, it may be lifetime he is a good guy). He has made a few OWB holsters for me and the build quality is great.

www.conditionorangeconcealment.com

Thank you. I would love to see a photo whenever you get the chance.

A lifetime warranty I guess is not that important if the price is right. Most of these holster makers that advertise a lifetime warranty will not be around in 10 years anyway.

Up1911Fan
03-22-2013, 07:54 AM
So both of you guy's actually carry an LCP on the belt?

vaspence
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Pics -

"So both of you guy's actually carry an LCP on the belt? "

Not often, but it has it's place. FWIW I pocket carried a P3AT with the pocket clip pretty much every day I was in state for about 8 years even when carrying something else. When I switched over to LCPs I had Brian make a holster for them. Not my normal EDC but it is nice to have options.

vaspence
03-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Don't know what happened with double post.

joepa150
03-22-2013, 11:36 AM
So both of you guy's actually carry an LCP on the belt?

I usually do in the Summertime. My LCP is carried 5 months out of the year. Right now I would say 60% pocket and 40% on belt. I like carrying on my belt because I feel that it is quicker to get to for me and my pockets are usually have knives, wallets, keys, cell phone, and a flashlight.

And, yes I do own 1911s and a Glock that I carry 7 months out of the year.

joepa150
03-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Pics -

"So both of you guy's actually carry an LCP on the belt? "

Not often, but it has it's place. FWIW I pocket carried a P3AT with the pocket clip pretty much every day I was in state for about 8 years even when carrying something else. When I switched over to LCPs I had Brian make a holster for them. Not my normal EDC but it is nice to have options.

Thank you for posting the pics. I may have to get one of those.

idahojess
03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
This is not a fancy solution, but when I'm wearing jeans I can't pocket carry in, and I can't carry anything bigger (which I try to do), I use an Uncle Mike's size 10 (22 sized) iwb holster with the LCP. The trick, for me, is to clip the clip over the pants, then run the belt over the top of the clip. I think this is actually the way those holsters are designed. I use a standard leather belt too, for that situation, rather than a wilderness. Not really much in the way of weight, and I think it squeezes it better.
It's not ideal, but it beats throwing gravel, and it seems secure to me.
Just for the record, you're still pointing the gun in a very unsafe direction when you are appendix carrying. When I use this holster set-up (with the uncle mikes), the holster goes on the gun before it goes on the pants. No reholstering with the uncle mike's, either.

Up1911Fan
03-24-2013, 09:09 PM
I usually do in the Summertime. My LCP is carried 5 months out of the year. Right now I would say 60% pocket and 40% on belt. I like carrying on my belt because I feel that it is quicker to get to for me and my pockets are usually have knives, wallets, keys, cell phone, and a flashlight.

And, yes I do own 1911s and a Glock that I carry 7 months out of the year.

I guess I just can't see carrying something that small on the belt. Hell, I don't even have a belt holster for my CM9. If i'm going to put a holster on my belt, which obviously is going to require a cover garmet, it's going to be something bigger than a .380.

joepa150
03-25-2013, 12:02 PM
I guess I just can't see carrying something that small on the belt. Hell, I don't even have a belt holster for my CM9. If i'm going to put a holster on my belt, which obviously is going to require a cover garmet, it's going to be something bigger than a .380.

I hear ya. Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy carrying my 1911 the most out of all by pistols but I do still find that a small pistol has its place in my carrying routine.

vaspence
03-25-2013, 11:40 PM

Is there an LCP holster recommendation hidden in your posts to this thread somewhere? My apologies, I'm just not tracking on how you are offering help to the OP with his quest for a holster.