PDA

View Full Version : An Amusing Update on the NYC 10 to 7 Round Issue....

BaiHu
03-20-2013, 09:29 AM
A lil' too much push-back for too lil' political gain, maybe??

http://www.jammiewf.com/2013/new-york-democrats-to-address-inconsistencies-in-new-gun-laws-they-just-rammed-through/

ToddG
03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm still trying to understand what the "seven rounds in 10rd magazines" thing accomplishes. How could that possibly affect anyone other than otherwise law-abiding private gun owners? Do they honestly think there's a criminal in NY who is willing to use a gun to commit a crime but will be too afraid to load 8, 9, or 10 rounds in the magazine for fear of an extra charge against him if he's caught?

BaiHu
03-20-2013, 12:10 PM
But it's for the children of Newton!

And if it saves just one person...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TCinVA
03-20-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm still trying to understand what the "seven rounds in 10rd magazines" thing accomplishes. How could that possibly affect anyone other than otherwise law-abiding private gun owners? Do they honestly think there's a criminal in NY who is willing to use a gun to commit a crime but will be too afraid to load 8, 9, or 10 rounds in the magazine for fear of an extra charge against him if he's caught?

I think the word "honest" is the key concept there.

There isn't much honesty in the gun control debate...intellectual or otherwise.

David Armstrong
03-20-2013, 04:07 PM

Perhaps an "add-on" penalty? That was the purpose behind the marijuana tax stamp thing when I was in Texas. nobody expected the drug dealer to actually buy the stamp, but it gave the prosecutor an extra charge to work with when caught.

ToddG
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Perhaps an "add-on" penalty? That was the purpose behind the marijuana tax stamp thing when I was in Texas. nobody expected the drug dealer to actually buy the stamp, but it gave the prosecutor an extra charge to work with when caught.

I understand the concept, but in this case it seems like a hard pill to swallow. It's like telling people they can never have more than 10g of gas in their cars as a way to prevent drunk driving.

tomrkba
03-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Tom Gresham of Gun Talk put it best: (paraphrasing)

Once we accept that there are "good" guns and "bad" guns, then all they need to do is redefine what a "bad" gun is. It is a method of breaking up the gun voting block by convincing some gun owners that they will not be affected by the legislation.