PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 Gen 2 NIB Goodness

Clyde from Carolina
03-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Just picked up this creampuff. Truly NIB, still has the original copper-colored grease on rails. I am a fan of the Grip Force Adapters on my Gen 3s, but this thing feels so good I think I will leave it be for now and just replace the sights.

Would anybody feel moved to change out springs on a '94 (post six-part safety upgrade) G17 that is NIB and apparently un-fired?

http://www.fototime.com/4EC0EFC68E2FA0C/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/7E7FA357FA6AFF9/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/B50B2032F624959/standard.jpg

WDW
03-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Well, no need to change springs if its unfired...

JodyH
03-16-2013, 05:22 PM
I'd just take it out and shoot it.
Looks just like my '93 Gen 2, except mine has a gazillion rounds through it.
:cool:

Clyde from Carolina
03-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Well, no need to change springs if its unfired...

Well, that is what I figured also...but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Maybe there's an upgrade or other issue I wasn't aware of?

Clyde from Carolina
03-16-2013, 05:27 PM
I'd just take it out and shoot it.
Looks just like my '93 Gen 2, except mine has a gazillion rounds through it.
:cool:

Thank you, sir. This one will be well on its way shortly. :cool:

David Armstrong
03-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Great find. IMO the Gen 2 Glock 17 was the epitome of the mark, and it's been downhill ever since.:(

Kyle Reese
03-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Very nice find. I have a Gen 2 Glock 17 that I'll never part with.

JSGlock34
03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Great find! That's a keeper.

deeHKman
03-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Great find. IMO the Gen 2 Glock 17 was the epitome of the mark, and it's been downhill ever since.:(

Agreed!!...very nice 17 OP! Congrat's!!...i would like to get a 17 as your's!!

JonInWA
03-28-2013, 03:25 PM
It's a great gun-but even though it's had the six-part upgrade, I'd still recommend replacing the trigger return spring if it's the original shiny silver spring, versus the current materially- and finish-upgraded trigger return spring, which is battleship gray in color. The newer trigger return spring is much more impervious to breakage. An additional (although arguably unnecessary) precaution you can take would be to replace the triggerbar with the current one, which has a "dogleg" and channeled portion at the end bottom where the trigger return spring is affixed to the triggerbar; the combination of the channel, the attachment angle, and the enlarged retention hole all mitigate against spring fatigue/breakage. Similarly you might want to replace the trigger housing mechanism component, because it will also have a slightly enlarged retention hole for the spring, and may be molded in such a fashion to make it easier to remove the connector from the trigger mechanism housing. Especially if you go with a new triggerbar, you may also want to get ahold of one of the #5/"dot" connectors, as the newer triggerbars can result in a slightly heavier triggerpull with the standard connector.

And while you probably don't need to, as a precaution I'd also replace the trigger pin with the newer one, if yours has the older finish, which could lead to the pin drifting out during firing.

None of these replacements are expensive or difficult to do. And, if you're so inclined, there is also a OEM (Glock) extended slide release/stop that'll fit your model.

While the OEM recoil assembly is just fine, the newer/current Recoil Spring Assembly features a Zytel recoil spring guide, which is slightly stiffer and more heat resistant, if you're particularly concerned about the impending possibility of 1,000 round suppressive fire encounters looming on your horizon. It's identified by a number "1" on the rear face of the flange, at the 6 o'clock position underneath the component number, which is at the 12 o'clock position.

Your magazine followers might also not be the current latest-and-greatest; call Glock Tech Support to check-if they're dated, they'll likely send you the current ones gratis.

All that said, you've got a great neo-classic Glock-enjoy!

Best, Jon

Clyde from Carolina
03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
It's a great gun-but even though it's had the six-part upgrade, I'd still recommend replacing the trigger return spring if it's the original shiny silver spring, versus the current materially- and finish-upgraded trigger return spring, which is battleship gray in color. The newer trigger return spring is much more impervious to breakage. An additional (although arguably unnecessary) precaution you can take would be to replace the triggerbar with the current one, which has a "dogleg" and channeled portion at the end bottom where the trigger return spring is affixed to the triggerbar; the combination of the channel, the attachment angle, and the enlarged retention hole all mitigate against spring fatigue/breakage. Similarly you might want to replace the trigger housing mechanism component, because it will also have a slightly enlarged retention hole for the spring, and may be molded in such a fashion to make it easier to remove the connector from the trigger mechanism housing. Especially if you go with a new triggerbar, you may also want to get ahold of one of the #5/"dot" connectors, as the newer triggerbars can result in a slightly heavier triggerpull with the standard connector.

And while you probably don't need to, as a precaution I'd also replace the trigger pin with the newer one, if yours has the older finish, which could lead to the pin drifting out during firing.

None of these replacements are expensive or difficult to do. And, if you're so inclined, there is also a OEM (Glock) extended slide release/stop that'll fit your model.

While the OEM recoil assembly is just fine, the newer/current Recoil Spring Assembly features a Zytel recoil spring guide, which is slightly stiffer and more heat resistant, if you're particularly concerned about the impending possibility of 1,000 round suppressive fire encounters looming on your horizon. It's identified by a number "1" on the rear face of the flange, at the 6 o'clock position underneath the component number, which is at the 12 o'clock position.

Your magazine followers might also not be the current latest-and-greatest; call Glock Tech Support to check-if they're dated, they'll likely send you the current ones gratis.

All that said, you've got a great neo-classic Glock-enjoy!

Best, Jon

Thanks, Jon, I really appreciate the detailed and thoughtful suggestions.

Best,
Clyde

dickmadison
03-29-2013, 12:58 AM
How did you find this??? I want one!