PDA

View Full Version : Shooting the V2 P2000

TheNewbie
04-19-2011, 11:53 AM
A few weeks ago I asked you all to help me choose between the P2000 and USPc. Well I chose a V2 P2000 in 9mm. I really like this gun, it’s has great balance, weight, and feel to it. It’s perfect for uniform and plain clothes duty and off duty.

However, I am having some issues shooting it. I am getting better, but the LEM trigger is pretty different. My duty weapon right now is an M&P 9mm, so I am used to its trigger and sight picture.

I like the extra protection of the hammer fired P2000 and the LEM trigger, but I need to be able to shoot it well before I carry it.

What are some types of shooting the LEM well? On practice with it?

Should I align my sight picture differently on the P2000 vs the M&P? Is there a drawing/diagram showing proper alignment for the HK?

Thanks for helping me choose a great firearm. I look forward to learning the ins and outs of this weapon.

Pistol Shooter
04-19-2011, 03:20 PM
As I understand it, HK's (along with many European handguns) are designed to use the Dead On or Cover Up Hold, while many American handguns are set up for a 6:00 sight picture.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/cashbailey_photos/sightpicture.jpg

Good luck with your P2000. :)

TheNewbie
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
WOW! Thanks so much! That is exactly what I have been looking for sight wise.

ToddG
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
The LEM is a dramatically different trigger that, while easy to master, takes some time and effort. I'd start with the basics, working on slow marksmanship until you can hit what you aim at consistently both near & far. Then I'd ramp up the speed slowly, specifically working on getting the trigger reset during the arc of recoil and having the trigger prepped to break as your sights come back on target.

KentF
04-19-2011, 04:54 PM
As I understand it, HK's (along with many European handguns) are designed to use the Dead On or Cover Up Hold, while many American handguns are set up for a 6:00 sight picture.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/cashbailey_photos/sightpicture.jpg

Good luck with your P2000. :)

This would help explain why my shots seem to go low... I've been shooting the traditional 6:00 sight picture. Does anyone know if the Heinie sights follow the same pattern. Mine appear to, but I want to make sure it's not just me.

Bandit
04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
This would help explain why my shots seem to go low... I've been shooting the traditional 6:00 sight picture. Does anyone know if the Heinie sights follow the same pattern. Mine appear to, but I want to make sure it's not just me.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.heinie.com/userfiles/image/s8big2.JPG

KentF
04-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Not exactly, but it does answer my question.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Pistol Shooter
04-20-2011, 04:20 PM
WOW! Thanks so much! That is exactly what I have been looking for sight wise.

Hey, I'm only too glad to share the information. :)

Please come back and let us know how things are working out with your HK.

TheNewbie
04-20-2011, 10:23 PM
I will when I get back to the range, which should be Friday.

I am not sure the length of the LEM pull is my issue. It's so smooth until just the end. The break point seems a little odd to me. It will just take practice I suppose.