PDA

View Full Version : Glock Sport/Combat Holster

seabiscuit
04-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Does anyone have experience with this holster? It seems like a cheap, KISS, and practical option. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on its purchase or use...

http://www.glock.com/images/acc_holst_combat.gif
Link. (http://www.glock.com/english/index_acc.htm)

It's available for $13 from CheaperThanDirt (http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/GLOCK101-33.html).

LittleLebowski
04-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Doesn't look promising. Never go cheap on holsters.

Frank B
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
my one serves as a spare holster for the last 12 years. Just in case another holster breaks during a training session or on duty. It's been handet out to friends or students in a class from time to time.
It is what it is, a cheap piece of plastic. At least for me, it did a great job so far.

David Armstrong
04-19-2011, 11:43 AM
It's a great little holster. It lets the end of the gun hang out which bothers some people, but other than that it is sturdy and holds the gun securely. When I went through Thunder Ranch the first time there was a family group (Dad, son, daughter) going through and they all were using the Sport/Combat and all made it through without any trouble. I used one as an IPSC holster for several years and still use it at times.

NickA
04-19-2011, 01:10 PM
The most use mine has seen was for an IDPA classifier, but it worked fine. I occasionally use it for carry and recreational shooting also; keeps the gun high and tight ( ride height and maybe cant can be set by how you cut the little bars in the belt loops).
As mentioned definitely worth having as a spare and many use and like it for more than that.

seabiscuit
04-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the replies. I ordered one as a backup; I'll post a review when it comes...

Chuck Haggard
04-19-2011, 04:17 PM
That is the only cheap holster I have ever used that was worth owning.

Extensive wear on one of the nylon instructor style belts will result in the nylon eventually wearing through the belt loops, so you need to be aware of that.

I actually like these holsters and I have worn them quite a bit. Many of our UC guys use them as well.

FAR better than a Fobus, and at least as good in actual use to many name brand leather belt slide type rigs.

Corey
04-19-2011, 05:58 PM
I have used one as a range/loaner holster in the past. Way better than anything else in its price range.

VolGrad
04-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I had one that was thrown in with my very first GLOCK purchase over 10 years ago. I used it a few times but I didn't find the draw to be very smooth and I was a complete noob.

If you like simple I would recommend looking at something like this.

Galco Matrix
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=galco+matrix&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11233486461503644101&sa=X&ei=CSquTeyaHYTw0gH9-pysCw&ved=0CEYQ8wIwBA#ps-sellers

I know a couple of LEOs (a Sheriff and his Chief Deputy ... that posts here under jlweems) that carry these on duty at times. I don't really love them but they do.

ADK
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Beware that the Glock Sport/Combat (as well as current Fobus) won't fit Glock Gen 4s properly. The Gen 4 frame is beefed up just enough that the gun will go into such holsters, but getting it out will require "an act of God" (to quote the veteran Glock trainer I showed this to, who subsequently called up one of the head honchos of Fobus to inform him of the incompatibility).

Buckshot
04-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Not my choice for a primary rig, but I've used that holster a lot at specific times & they've served well & have enough retention for most CCW situations. One real beauty of the silly little Glock holster is that it is ambi. Break your hand one day & you're not sucking wind because you never got around to buying an "offhand/weak hand/non-dominant/whatever we're calling it this week" holster. I've also glued velcro to them to use in off-body carrying schemes (fanny packs, briefcases, etc...).

Munson
04-23-2011, 09:16 PM
they hold well, but can be a little sticky getting out of the holster. Nice option holster for the price

David Pennington
04-26-2011, 04:11 PM
They are actually a pretty good holster and you could do a lot worse for a lot more money. They aren't "nice" my any means but they work well.

I used a modifed one for a long time adapted to jock strap carry.

JonInWA
08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
While I generally prefer a Blade-Tech IWB for my Glocks, the Sport/Combat is actually a quite good OWB. It provides a secure hold for the pistol, and belt tension serves to mold it in to your side quite nicely. I have one for my standard/compact frame Glocks, and the larger one for my G21.

Best, Jon