PDA

View Full Version : P30 Hammer Spring

KentF
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
I just received what is suppose to be the 12# hammer spring from hkparts.net. I'm hoping I got the correct part. This spring is blue in color and is longer than the stock spring (which is black).

After install, the double action (uncocked) trigger pull is noticeably lighter. I can't really tell about the cocked trigger pull.

John Ralston
04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Mine should be here in a day or two...sounds like the correct one though. The uncocked pull should be significantly lighter. Mine is an LEM though, so I don't know how it will compare.

VolGrad
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Mine should be here in a day or two...sounds like the correct one though. The uncocked pull should be significantly lighter. Mine is an LEM though, so I don't know how it will compare.

Got two in the mail today myself. I haven't even thought about installing it yet. I want to wring my P30 out more before I start monkeying with it.

JV_
04-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Not sure if you're talking about DA/SA or LEM but:

OEM V2 on Left
214300 on Right
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_KpsppceJuQ0/TUwRsORDaNI/AAAAAAAAEp8/P1stmHLJyH8/s512/HK%20Hammer%20Springs.JPG

wrt81
04-18-2011, 08:05 PM
I just received what is suppose to be the 12# hammer spring from hkparts.net. I'm hoping I got the correct part. This spring is blue in color and is longer than the stock spring (which is black).

After install, the double action (uncocked) trigger pull is noticeably lighter. I can't really tell about the cocked trigger pull.

What was the part # on the bag it came in? It should still have the HK part # on it. 214300 is what you're looking for, I believe.

KentF
04-18-2011, 08:19 PM
What was the part # on the bag it came in? It should still have the HK part # on it. 214300 is what you're looking for, I believe.

It came in a plain ziplock bag. The invoice shows part number HKPUSP9076 which is what is returned when you search for part # 214300.

The one on the left is the new spring, on the right is the OEM.

KentF
04-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Not sure if you're talking about DA/SA or LEM but:

OEM V2 on Left
214300 on Right
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_KpsppceJuQ0/TUwRsORDaNI/AAAAAAAAEp8/P1stmHLJyH8/s512/HK%20Hammer%20Springs.JPG

OK, mine looks like yours, except blue. ;)

VolGrad
04-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I ordered the same part as you did and what I got also looks like yours. I think it's correct. My two came in one plain old ziploc too, same as we put our sandwiches in. Kind of figured they would have "real" parts bags like GLOCK uses but if it keeps cost down ......

SteveK
04-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Am I to assume that the longer spring does not have to be trimmed to length for the LEM?

JV_
04-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Am I to assume that the longer spring does not have to be trimmed to length for the LEM?

I didn't trim anything, to be honest, I probably wouldn't use it if it was needed.

KentF
04-19-2011, 08:33 AM

I didn't trim mine. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but it passed my "pencil test" (the firing pin will eject a pencil inserted in the barrel).

If this is the same spring ToddG used, I don't remember him saying anything about trimming the spring.

LOKNLOD
04-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I was thrown for a loop by the odd blue spring when I received it too (and posted about my consternation elsewhere on the interweb), but put it in, its the right one.

KentF
04-19-2011, 08:51 AM
What really threw me was a post on hkpro.com showing the blue spring labeled as the "stock" spring alongside a 12# and 10# spring from Wolff.

John Ralston
04-19-2011, 05:03 PM
I got an email back from HKParts - apparently they come in bulk from HK, not in individual pkg's, which is the why of the zip-loc baggie. Also the color depends on which supplier produced them for HK.

BTW - the new spring made a noticeable decrease in trigger weight. It is very smooth and considerably lighter than the V2, now that the Hammer Spring and FPB Spring have been changed.

KentF
04-20-2011, 08:43 AM

I just got off the phone with Travis at HK Customer Service.

1. Do NOT trim the spring, doing so may result in light hammer strikes.
2. They are now trying to get the guns shipped with the lighter springs, as this seems to be the most popular choice. They will then install the heavier springs for those who want them.

When I told him I was trying to the the "ToddG" setup he replied that was what he had in his P30.:D

ToddG
04-20-2011, 09:50 AM
2. They are now trying to get the guns shipped with the lighter springs, as this seems to be the most popular choice. They will then install the heavier springs for those who want them.

They've been saying that for about eighteen months...

When I told him I was trying to the the "ToddG" setup he replied that was what he had in his P30.:D

I wonder if I could get away with putting "developed a new handgun action system in conjunction with Heckler & Koch" on my resume. I mean, that sounds so much cooler than "cheated and put a lighter hammer spring in his gun." :cool:

SteveK
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I changed my hammerspring out last night and it made a noticeable difference in the trigger. Also played around with the different grip modules for about half an hour trying to figure out what fit best. Since a love the 1911 "feel" I think I'll try the small set and see how that works out.

Stugotz
11-26-2013, 05:06 PM
I have just ordered the following parts in an attempt to convert my p30 V3 to a pistol with a lighter trigger pull:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4097/tz0.png

(I'm a little bit nervous about the installation step) - Quick question:

Will I be able to swap the parts I ordered with the corresponding ones that I will remove from the pistol without any issues?

BCL
11-26-2013, 07:58 PM
The trigger rebound spring can be difficult to change, but the other two are easy. Big Bore on HKPro did an excellent write up that shows how to do it on a P2000/USPc.

I've never tried to do the TRS on a P30, so I'm not sure how much more difficult it is than the other models that don't have a captive slide release.

Spr1
11-26-2013, 09:05 PM
214300 and a blue identifying color are correct.
You don't (shouldn't) trim it.
This is the DA/SA spring that will lighten the LEM pull.

Oops. I responded based on the page one dialogue, not seeing page two....