PDA

View Full Version : Aussie M66s

ACP230
04-18-2011, 08:27 AM
I was on the Net yesterday and ended up reading a story in the online edition of an Australian newspaper. It said a couple of Australian states had sold a pile of 2.5 inch M66s (possibly back to the manufacturer) instead of destroying them as other states had done.

That could mean a bunch of short, used M66s on the U.S. market sometime in the near future. I own a 2.5 inch M66-5 and have found it to be a fine gun. They haven't been that easy to find, so this might be a good/last? chance to pick one up.

Looking forward to seeing them listed in an ad somewhere soon.

BN
04-18-2011, 10:06 AM
There were a couple of 4 inch Aussie M-66s on Gunbroker a while back. They're not there now.

TCinVA
04-22-2011, 11:21 AM
If they do show up I'd love to buy one. I have a thing for short-barreled K frames.

ACP230
04-22-2011, 04:31 PM
If I see an ad I'l report on it here.

NGA Gunsmith
05-22-2011, 10:05 AM
There's a local gun shop that has a couple for sale. I went in and talked to him about the 66's and he said they were law enforcement trade-ins from Australia. The internal locks were disabled at the factory by request of the department they were going to.

http://www.downtownguns.com/Smith-Wesson-Model-66-4-357-mag-Revolver-11020304593.htm

jlw
05-22-2011, 12:13 PM
There's a local gun shop that has a couple for sale. I went in and talked to him about the 66's and he said they were law enforcement trade-ins from Australia. The internal locks were disabled at the factory by request of the department they were going to.

http://www.downtownguns.com/Smith-Wesson-Model-66-4-357-mag-Revolver-11020304593.htm

I wonder if there is anyway to get verification from S&W that these were indeed produced without the lock?

Wheeler
05-22-2011, 09:54 PM
I wonder if there is anyway to get verification from S&W that these were indeed produced without the lock?

Yes, You should be able to contact S&W with the serial number and they can tell you if they were produced without the lock. I don't know if there is a charge associated with that or not.

mikecunnane2
05-31-2011, 08:32 AM
If they do show up I'd love to buy one. I have a thing for short-barreled K frames.

Bought one for my wife from a local dealer, very nice piece but she's having trouble with the short sight radius, I may sell it and get a different model. It is a 66-7 with rubber finger groove grips, internal lock was equipped, but disabled by S&W, Orange insert
ramp front, white outline rear, frame mounted firing pin, recessed muzzle crown, overall
very good condition considering police issue, tight lockup and a very smooth trigger.