PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Wall Drill and Wall Drill from press-out

Juan Manuel
02-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi there!

I'm new to shooting and was looking around for dry fire drills and came across pistol-training.com. Thank you ToddG for the wealth of information published here!

I have a quick question regarding the difference between Wall Drill and Wall Drill from press-out. From what I can gather the Wall Drill is all about sight alignment, front sight focus, and trigger manipulation (without a target). The press out includes these three elements but in a dynamic situation (the gun is moving as I do them), and focusing on the correct order of the three: finding the front sight, getting it aligned and pressing the trigger.

Is that the difference between the two? One is static (Wall Drill) and the other is dyamic (Press-out)?

Thank you very much!

Juan Manuel.-

JSGlock34
02-17-2013, 10:41 AM
I think the distinction you are looking for between these two drills is that the standard wall drill is performed from extension, with the pistol already fully presented. A wall drill from the press out would begin with the pistol at the ready position (or perhaps holstered).

I'd look for Todd to weigh in here, but my understanding of the press out is that the actions of sight alignment, trigger squeeze and presenting the pistol are all occurring simultaneously (vice sequentially) with the goal of breaking the shot as you reach full extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToddG
02-19-2013, 11:03 AM
JSGlock34 was right on the money. Thanks!