PDA

View Full Version : Gun handling in the car.

JConn
02-14-2013, 08:03 PM
So the other day I was going to one of the few places I can't carry due to necessity. I went about my normal routine of finding a parking space far away from other people, checking the area for curious people and then as quickly as is safely possible taking off and storing the gun. My process is pretty much the same for putting the gun back on. After I finished this process and was waiting in line I was thinking about what would happen if someone saw me handling a gun in my car and then head into a public place, not good. So I guess my questions are, how do you guys handle these situations, and what are the legalities (in VA or other if the thread goes there) of handling a gun in a car (brandishing, etc), and, those of you who stow in a trunk, how do you do so without being noticed? I just don't want my wife to have to watch me on the evening news.

orionz06
02-14-2013, 08:09 PM
I generally am out in the middle of the lot but to be 100% honest I really don't care. People have no idea what I am doing. For all they know I am fiddling with my junk and likely don't want anything to do with it.

JV_
02-14-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm frequently wearing a fleece, or have one in my car. I just put it around my waist while I'm taking off the holster.

butler coach
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
I generally am out in the middle of the lot but to be 100% honest I really don't care. People have no idea what I am doing. For all they know I am fiddling with my junk and likely don't want anything to do with it.

Now there is an image I didn’t need. You playing with you self in a parking lot.
But on topic I don’t worry about it either I park away from people remove gun hide in truck get out of truck.

bdcheung
02-28-2013, 02:57 PM
For all they know I am fiddling with my junk and likely don't want anything to do with it.

So when you're fiddling with your junk in the parking lot of your kid's school.....

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp4todkVsg1qiw26m.jpg

orionz06
02-28-2013, 03:02 PM
No kids so no reason to be junk fiddling in a school parking lot.

tremiles
02-28-2013, 06:16 PM
No kids so no reason to be junk fiddling in a school parking lot.

I believe junk fiddling in the school parking lot is equally frowned upon if you have kids. Moreso, perhaps.

SamMan23
02-28-2013, 06:23 PM
If I have to disarm because of my destination I usually disarm before I get to my destination.

bdcheung
02-28-2013, 08:56 PM
If I have to disarm because of my destination I usually disarm before I get to my destination.

While sitting at a red light is a perfect opportunity ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cclaxton
02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
If you are simply getting your gun to holster it or removing it from holster to stow it, that is not brandishing. That is a necessary part of possession. You can be expected to always keep a handgun in the same place. 99% of people won't notice and won't care unless you happen to be close to someone and obvious about it. I use a gunsafe in the trunk and that makes it rather innocuous...people are always getting stuff in/out of their trunk. I do always wear some kind of concealment, even if it's a open front shirt with some rare exceptions, and that limits the amount of time the gun is exposed.

Funny thing is even when wearing it in the open....people don't notice....it is the craziest thing. I always know when they notice it because they stare or stand there in shock, like not sure what to do.

Most people are oblivious to what other people are doing and are not looking for a gun so they don't.

CC