View Full Version : M&P 45 ??

Robert Mitchum
02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Thinking of getting a M&P 45
4 1/2" Barrel Black Frame ...Front and Rear Night Sights
Apex Tactical Sear
Apex Tactical Striker Block
Polish internals

I had a 9mm M&P and sold it because accuracy or lack of it at 25 yards.
From researched on the M&P 45 they seem to be better than the 9's and 40 M&P's at 25 yards ??
With the better trigger , polish job and good ammo would kind of 25 yard accuracy could I expect from M&P 45 ?

I am not a world class shooter but I did this with my stock HK 45 and my reloads hand held at 25 yards 5 rounds under 11/2"
I hate to waste money on pistols that are not decent at 25 yards I like the feel of the M&P but a little apprehensive about getting it.
Thanks for any info...
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/cjstinks/100_3253_zps0770fd70.jpg

texasaggie2005
02-12-2013, 07:51 PM
I have the M&P 45 compact and really like it. I'd definitely go for the Apex parts though.

Kyle Reese
02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Aim surplus has a bunch of m&p 45's in stock now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Morbidbattlecry
02-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I was into getting a M&P45 before i got sticker shock from 45acp prices. They are actually supposed to be tac drivers right out of the box. Make sure you try the trigger first if you get a new m&p. I just picked up a 9 and they aren't all that bad anymore.

Robert Mitchum
02-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the help !!!

Suvorov
02-13-2013, 12:09 AM
I've been extremely happy with the accuracy of my M&P45.

I got mine in 08 when they were still fairly new. The only issue I had with mine was that the trigger was heavy, inconsistent, and never did smooth out (not like I put thousands of rounds through it though). I replaced the sear with an Apex sear and that put the trigger on par with any 1911 I have. The reset is not super positive, but I don't really put a lot of worry into working the reset, but changing out that sear allowed me to help bring out the mechanical accuracy of the pistol a lot more.

Haven't shot any wad cutters though it as I recall, but it hasn't had any hiccups with ball or hollow points on my end.

SecondsCount
02-13-2013, 12:37 AM
My personal experience with the M&P45c has been very good. Accuracy is excellent but it would not feed semi-wadcutters that run fine in my 1911s. A little throat and polish would probably fix the issue but it isn't a big deal if you run ball or truncated bullets

Robert Mitchum
02-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info !!!

I've been extremely happy with the accuracy of my M&P45.

I got mine in 08 when they were still fairly new. The only issue I had with mine was that the trigger was heavy, inconsistent, and never did smooth out (not like I put thousands of rounds through it though). I replaced the sear with an Apex sear and that put the trigger on par with any 1911 I have. The reset is not super positive, but I don't really put a lot of worry into working the reset, but changing out that sear allowed me to help bring out the mechanical accuracy of the pistol a lot more.

Haven't shot any wad cutters though it as I recall, but it hasn't had any hiccups with ball or hollow points on my end.

Robert Mitchum
02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the help !!!!!

My personal experience with the M&P45c has been very good. Accuracy is excellent but it would not feed semi-wadcutters that run fine in my 1911s. A little throat and polish would probably fix the issue but it isn't a big deal if you run ball or truncated bullets

rjohnson4405
02-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the HK that is making you consider the M&P. I'm leaning toward HK right now.

Robert Mitchum
02-14-2013, 02:19 PM
I think the HK 45 is one of the best 45's on the market.
I would have gotten the light lem if I had to do over but I have since gotten use to the heavy DA pull.
I use to bitch about the DA part of the trigger and use it as an excuse for my poor shooting but now am decent on the first shot.
A tornado did some damage to my house a few weeks ago life is to short and I want another 45 pistol no other reason.
Get the HK 45 they are great shooting pistols..
I love accurate pistols and the HK 45 will do the job mine is stock and the sights are not great for 25 meter groups but I can do this if I go slow.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/cjstinks/100_3028.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the HK that is making you consider the M&P. I'm leaning toward HK right now.

rjohnson4405
02-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks!

JHC
02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
M&P 45 mid and full size are almost legendary now for turning match grade accuracy (2" anyway). DocGKR may hit this thread with his pretty wide experience with this aspect of their performance.

Robert Mitchum
02-15-2013, 12:47 AM
M&P 45 mid and full size are almost legendary now for turning match grade accuracy (2" anyway). DocGKR may hit this thread with his pretty wide experience with this aspect of their performance.
Sounds like they got the 45's right which is good to hear...

Robert Mitchum
03-02-2013, 11:03 PM
S&W M&P 45 with thumb safety and factory night sights
4 1/2" Barrel Black Frame
Apex Tactical Sear
Apex Tactical Striker Block
Polish internals

Will pick it up Monday.
Thanks to all who posted for the help !!