PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania AG Kane acts to close 'Florida loophole' for concealed weapons

Wendell
02-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Attorney General Kathleen Kane, a Democrat elected in November, ran on a platform that advocated modifying the reciprocity agreement. She modified it so that Pennsylvania will honor a Florida CCP only if the permit-holder is a Floridian with proof of residence. The modified agreement will take effect June 8. "Closing this loophole shows that it is possible to swiftly implement commonsense gun-safety measures that protect our streets," Kane said.
<http://articles.philly.com/2013-02-09/news/37009392_1_concealed-carry-florida-loophole-reciprocity>

BCL
02-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Good for her! This will stop all of the gang bangers in Philly from getting their CCW in FL. :rolleyes:

Jay Cunningham
02-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Whew! My kids are safer now!

Mitchell, Esq.
02-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Is the New Hampshire permit uneffected?

Edit - apparently, this is only affecting Florida CCW for now.
I have a feeling this will spread.

I got my New Hampshire permit because Pennsylvania decided he did not want to issue permits by mail anymore.
I guess when I go to Pennsylvania I'm going to learn to open carry or just not go.

new edit - I read the press release and new agreement more closely.

The language appears to be similar to the old agreement. If this is just a clarification that requires residence of each state to hold your own states permit, and does not affect people hold non resident licenses, then it is not terrible.

if Pennsylvania is going to maintain its stance that the validity of a non resident permit is contingent upon the issuance of the permit and not the state of residence of the permitee then it is status quo for everyone who is not a Pennsylvania resident.

if, on the other hand, Pennsylvania is going to adopt the standard that it will only recognize resident licenses, that is going to affect a lot of people.

MDS
02-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Just in time. I heard that five major datacenters strained under the load as untold numbers of sick wackos canceled their mass shootings on Google Calendar. Stay strong, AG Kane!

Mitchell, Esq.
02-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Just in time. I heard that five major datacenters strained under the load as untold numbers of sick wackos canceled their mass shootings on Google Calendar. Stay strong, AG Kane!

Only psychos use Google Calendar.

True sociopaths use Microsoft Outlook.

jon volk
02-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Well that sucks. Part of the reason I was getting my FL permit was family in PA.