PDA

View Full Version : Post #1 - Please help me shoot the P30 as well as my G17 in IDPA

cvann
02-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Any tips for trigger control drills? I already dry fire (light LEM)

Has anyone tried to switch from Glock to HK and gave up?

I really want to shoot this gun well - but trigger control and reloads are not cooperating. Just wondering if anyone else worked through the same issues and how they did it.

John Ralston
02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
I switched and never went back. I shoot the P30 way better. I just kept with it, but I didn't really have a TON of rounds through a Glock (cause the don't fit my hand all that well). I had far more rounds through Sigs.

AJZ
02-09-2013, 08:09 PM
I went from M&P9 FS to a P30L. After 1200rds, I went back. I really liked the P30, but the overly wide slide lock lever would greatly interfere with my meaty handed grip, causing the gun not to go to slide lock and sometimes locking the slide open prematurely. I spent a lot of time really trying to work with the grip and try to fit myself to the gun, but without modification to the gun, it just wasn't happening for me. I know what you mean about really wanting to shoot the gun well. If you're willing to do some work on the gun, you can work with some different trigger versions. I know the LEM trigger and variations (TLG) of it have been very well received. You can also contact Bruce Gray, (http://grayguns.com/), and have him do some work on it. Other than that, practice practice practice.

John Ralston
02-09-2013, 08:21 PM
I bought an extra slide stop and chopped it off so that it wouldn't get under my thumb. I also changed the springs to the TLG Version, which made a HUGE difference. Bruce Gray is supposed to do AMAZING trigger jobs, but I couldn't justify the expense.

jon volk
02-09-2013, 08:28 PM
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2119-Continuously-humbled-by-LEM-trigger

1986s4
04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
As good as some pistols are, sometimes they just won't work as well for some as others. I shoot a P-30 way better than a Glock, I shoot my M9 better than both.

ToddG
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
First, I'd try ditching the light LEM in favor of a slightly heavier variant with the heavy trigger return spring. Personally, I find the light LEM's trigger return spring too weak and I can outrun the trigger on reset.

Second, the LEM trigger is not very much like a Glock trigger. Yes, they're both consistent in terms of weight and on paper they should be a lot alike, but they function differently and feel differently. You say you're dry firing. What does that mean? Can you consistently press the trigger on your LEM while balancing a cartridge case on the front sight? Can you shoot the Wall Drill without seeing any movement of the sights? Pretend you were learning to shoot from scratch. Think about all the rules you know about proper trigger control but perhaps don't really think about any more because they've become second nature with the Glock. You need to relearn them to get the most out of the LEM.

Finally, as others have said, you may simply always shoot the Glock better. There's nothing wrong with that.

nwhpfan
04-03-2013, 10:39 PM
It definitely took me a little bit of time getting used to the P2000 LEM...but really it just took some shooting. I tried not to go back and forth, back and forth. Now, I simply prefer the LEM to any other trigger. So I would say, just shoot it and only it

Now as for reloads, what problem are you having? I shot 5.0 WSF and 124 MG and they ran great.