PDA

View Full Version : AK smith recommendations needed - DFW/Texas

TR675
02-06-2013, 05:33 PM
I have an AK that needs some work - barrel chopped and assorted other nonsense.

Please give any recommendations for high quality gunsmiths in the DFW area, or, failing that, Texas, who can do this kind of work. "High quality" is the key phrase. I would prefer not to send the rifle out of state if at all possible.

Does anyone have experience with Joe Elledge at the DFW gun range? He is involved with a company called Echo93 which seems AK centric.

SeriousStudent
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
I would recommend a guy named Randy Kline, who goes by the screen name of Sledgehammer on the gun boards. He makes it to the various DFW shows.

I have personally seen the work he does on AK's and FAL's, and visited his shop. He's very good with both platforms. His company is called Superior Arms Works. He can be reached at sledgehammertexas at yahoo dot com, the last time I checked.

Do some web searches, and you can find photo examples of his work. He's also a very nice fellow, too.

Good luck, and if you need some other names, let me know.

Ed L
02-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I would recommend a guy named Randy Kline, who goes by the screen name of Sledgehammer on the gun boards. He makes it to the various DFW shows.

I've had Randy build an AK kit for me, thread another AK Barrel, and fix a FAL.

He is awesome and a nice guy to boot.

Ridgeback303
02-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Another +1 for Randy Kline. However his shop is called Sledgehammer Arms. He is on Jacksonville TX. He is usually at the Market Hall shows.

SeriousStudent
02-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Another +1 for Randy Kline. However his shop is called Sledgehammer Arms. He is on Jacksonville TX. He is usually at the Market Hall shows.

D'oh! (Smacks forehead like Homer Simpson)

You are correct.

TR675
02-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check him out.