PDA

View Full Version : Target Focus Training

KentF
04-13-2011, 08:30 AM
http://www.targetfocustraining.com/

Is anyone familiar with this?

LittleLebowski
04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Based on the website, I'd stay away. Far away.

LittleLebowski
04-13-2011, 11:21 AM
This is what I am getting at:

http://www.japanfocus.org/data/Hownaturesaysdonottouch.png

Chris Rhines
04-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Two grand for two days of 'training' with 20-40 other suckers... er, students? How could I lose?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

LittleLebowski
04-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Let's just go over the warning signs on this website, shall we?

For 20 years we’ve taught these self defense principles to elite military and law enforcement agencies in 58 countries.

And now you can have these same personal protection tools that let you quickly stop an attacker dead in his tracks by inflicting crippling pain from injury to easily damaged body parts.

It’s done using simple, intuitive movements that are effective regardless of your size, strength or athleticism.

Called “the most devastatingly powerful, scientifically-proven self defense system in the world today,” Target Focus Training (TFT) lets you quickly stop any attacker dead in his tracks by inflicting crippling pain from injury to easily damaged body parts using simple, intuitive movements you can instantaneously do… even if you’re non-athletic, small or out-of-shape.

It’s uniquely effective methods (which employ violence as your ultimate survival tool) are simple and easy to master yet are so devastatingly effective at close combat they’re used by military and government agencies alike.

For nearly 20 years TFT founder and creator, Tim Larkin, has been well known in the self defense & close-combat training world but ‘under-the-radar’ to ordinary folks like you. He’s the guy operations like the US Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces and the US Border Patrol call in behind-the-scenes to teach them when it’s “kill-or-be-killed.”

During the last 20 years he’s trained not only these elite military special forces and law enforcement units but corporate and civilian clientele in New York, Las Vegas, London and other cities around the world using a combination of live training sessions and DVDs.

A sought after public speaker, Larkin has spoken to CEO’s, government officials, and business leaders in over 40 countries on how to use these same principles of surviving life-or-death violence in the less life-threatening environment of business.

LittleLebowski
04-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I like how you don't need to be in shape to learn this and he's trained Navy SEALs but now can share his "secrets" with "ordinary folk like you."

Not to mention his awesome hair. SouthNarc is undoubtedly mad with jealousy over that alone.

LittleLebowski
04-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Interesting reading (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=47063)

KentF
04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks. I received an email from the United States Concealed Carry Assn. about this. The web site appeared to be a bunch of hype to me, but I've had very little training in this type of subject matter.

Your replies have also caused me to reconsider my joining the USCCA also. Although every once in a while I find a good article in the magazine. I won't be renewing my "membership".

LittleLebowski
04-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Consider SouthNarc for training along these lines, Kent.

jetfire
04-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Kent, if you're in the Seattle Metro area, InSights Training Center also has excellent combatives and defensive folding knife training.

I definitely agree with Little Lebowski though, that website has all the signs of one of those "back pages of Black Belt Magazine" things.

VolGrad
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
your replies have also caused me to reconsider my joining the uscca also. ding ding ding ding ding

jar
04-13-2011, 10:33 PM
There were a few articles I wanted to read at one point, but their whole website felt like a scam so I didn't.

Occam's Razor
04-14-2011, 02:02 PM
If it sounds too good to be true.................

Frank B
04-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Everytime, someone is promising to show the most secret stuff ever, I would clearly stay away as far as I can.
If it was so top secret over the last twenty years, it would remain top secret over the next twenty, too.
I´m by no means in a position to judge their training, but the website screams .......

Tamara
04-24-2011, 10:31 PM
There were a few articles I wanted to read at one point, but their whole website felt like a scam so I didn't.

Concealed Carry Magazine went ad-free a couple issues back.

(Disclosure: I write a column for the USCCA mag, but am not affiliated in any other way.)

Corey
04-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I get the marketing emails from Front Sight all the time. For the last several months they have been heavily promoting Tim Larkin's program and are selling his DVD's at a discounted price with a 12 month payment plan. His program is even officially endorsed by 4 Weapon Combat Master Dr. Ignatius Piazza himself. If that doesn't scream "run away fast" then I don't know what will.

SouthNarc
04-26-2011, 04:21 PM
His program is even officially endorsed by 4 Weapon Combat Master Dr. Ignatius Piazza himself. If that doesn't scream "run away fast" then I don't know what will.

I wish my stuff was endorsed by Scientology!

ToddG
04-26-2011, 04:22 PM

Scientology wishes it was endorsed by you!

ToddG
04-26-2011, 04:27 PM
http://pistol-training.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/snarctology.jpg

John Ralston
04-26-2011, 04:51 PM

On behalf of all of us Scientologists - I must say that is totally offensive.

Wait...I don't have enough $$$ to be into Scientology!

Tamara
04-26-2011, 09:36 PM
4 Weapon Combat Master? That's nothing... I'm a 5 Condiment Sandwich Master!

JohnN
04-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Haters.....:p