PDA

View Full Version : Czechpoint revolvers

Kyle Reese
01-28-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm in the market for a .22 revolver for general purposes and came across THESE (http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/revolvers/22-lr/) during my search. The price point is certainly appealing, but was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with them. Thanks!

orionz06
01-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Intrigued.

jetfire
01-28-2013, 12:15 PM
If given the choice between one of these and a Taurus, I'd pick the Taurus. Take that as you may.

Kyle Reese
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
If given the choice between one of these and a Taurus, I'd pick the Taurus. Take that as you may.

Thanks for the input, and for saving me some cash. :cool:

SeriousStudent
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
So what would be a good, simple .22 revolver, under about $300?

I apologize for the thread drift, but I have been thinking about buying one. I've got a good supply of .22 ammo, and would like to compliment my dry practice sessions with some .22.

Al T.
01-29-2013, 08:08 AM
It's close to double that $300.00 limit, but I've been extremely pleased with my S&W M63, 3 inch barrel.

Tamara
01-29-2013, 08:26 AM
So what would be a good, simple .22 revolver, under about $300?

I apologize for the thread drift, but I have been thinking about buying one. I've got a good supply of .22 ammo, and would like to compliment my dry practice sessions with some .22.

Sadly, Smith has abandoned the cheap .22 field to the competition. There's no reason they couldn't make a steel-cylindered six-shot alloy frame 434 or 634 for not much more than the 637, but instead, everything's gotta be an exotic alloy ten-shooter with fiber sights.

If you want to get a quality, inexpensive .22 revolver, one of your best choices is to troll gun shows for High Standards or H&Rs...

peterb
01-29-2013, 09:26 AM
I was just looking at the .22 Ruger LCR thinking that a 3" or 4" version would be a nice plinker, but it'd be lower-cost competition for the .22 SP101.

SeriousStudent
01-29-2013, 08:52 PM
It's close to double that $300.00 limit, but I've been extremely pleased with my S&W M63, 3 inch barrel.

I have seriously considered buying one, they are quite nice. But the little voice inside my head says "Geez, 600 bucks? You could get 7 or 8 PMags for that..."

SeriousStudent
01-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Sadly, Smith has abandoned the cheap .22 field to the competition. There's no reason they couldn't make a steel-cylindered six-shot alloy frame 434 or 634 for not much more than the 637, but instead, everything's gotta be an exotic alloy ten-shooter with fiber sights.

If you want to get a quality, inexpensive .22 revolver, one of your best choices is to troll gun shows for High Standards or H&Rs...

Tamara, have you any experience with either a Colt New Frontier or a Ruger Bearcat? I've seen some of those, and was curious.

This pistol would spend most of its time in the hands of three kids between the ages of 8 and 13. I know I did not previously define the need statement very well, but I was thinking a smaller grip and single action might be helpful. Any insights you have, based on young urchins you have trained would be welcome.

I'll definitely keep an eye peeled for the High Standard or H&R - I appreciate those recommendations.

Thanks again, and I apologize to the OP for the thread drift. Mods, if you want to split this off, please feel free.

Tamara
01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Tamara, have you any experience with either a Colt New Frontier or a Ruger Bearcat? I've seen some of those, and was curious.

This pistol would spend most of its time in the hands of three kids between the ages of 8 and 13. I know I did not previously define the need statement very well, but I was thinking a smaller grip and single action might be helpful.

Oh, heck, for a single-action plinker, either of those would be the berries. Bonus points for the Bearcat if you're going to be using it with kids.

SeriousStudent
01-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Oh, heck, for a single-action plinker, either of those would be the berries. Bonus points for the Bearcat if you're going to be using it with kids.

Many thanks, I'll snag one.

Tamara
01-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Many thanks, I'll snag one.

Lipsey's is supposedly coming out with a stainless "shopkeeper model" with a birdshead grip that is cuter'n a bug's ear (http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Bearcat-Shopkeeper-Stainless-22-LR.aspx), FWIW...

NETim
01-30-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm despondent that "cheap" and "Model 18" no longer appear in the same sentence. :(

Tamara
01-30-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm despondent that "cheap" and "Model 18" no longer appear in the same sentence. :(

Any Model 18 for four bills or less should be considered pretty much an automatic "buy now" these days.

NETim
01-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Any Model 18 for four bills or less should be considered pretty much an automatic "buy now" these days.

ACK! "Buy now" for $775!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327315357

I say again, ACK!!

Tamara
01-30-2013, 09:36 AM
ACK! "Buy now" for $775!

Bad turn ring, homely stocks, and random scratches, and he hopes to get eight bills? Best of luck on that.

Bobbi paid almost two bills less than that for a primo early post-war 5-screw pre-18 at the last Kokomo show.

jetfire
01-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Yeah, but she had to go to Kokomo to get it.

Tamara
01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Yeah, but she had to go to Kokomo to get it.

...in the snow. Both ways!

But at least it wasn't uphill, because there's nothing that could be described as even slightly hill-like between here and Kokomo.

jetfire
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Hey, there's that big dip in the road about halfway there, the one that floods during the spring.

NETim
01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Bad turn ring, homely stocks, and random scratches, and he hopes to get eight bills? Best of luck on that.

Bobbi paid almost two bills less than that for a primo early post-war 5-screw pre-18 at the last Kokomo show.

She did pretty good. Maybe even better than pretty good. I never see 18's around here at shows, much less good ones. :( Therefore I get to pay the going rate on GB if I want a good one.

It's a sad, sad story. :)

SeriousStudent
01-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Lipsey's is supposedly coming out with a stainless "shopkeeper model" with a birdshead grip that is cuter'n a bug's ear (http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Bearcat-Shopkeeper-Stainless-22-LR.aspx), FWIW...

It shall be mine. I'll let you know how it shoots.