PDA

View Full Version : Hey Slick! What's your favorite quote from "HEAT?"

NETim
01-27-2013, 10:23 AM
McCauley: What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone.
Roger Van Zant: I don't understand.
McCauley: 'Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this fuckin' line

Tamara
01-27-2013, 10:32 AM
How am I supposed to pick just one? :confused:

guymontag
01-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Awesome thread.

"If it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow... brother, you are going down."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/foreignc/heat_pacino_deniro.jpg

NETim
01-27-2013, 10:41 AM
How am I supposed to pick just one? :confused:

Gimme all you got! :)

JDM
01-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Empathy was yesterday.

TCinVA
01-27-2013, 11:20 AM
The first time I saw Heat was, of course, with a girl I was dating. She thought it was a pointless movie and hated it.

I should have known right then how it would all end.

Corlissimo
01-27-2013, 11:45 AM
The first time I saw Heat was, of course, with a girl I was dating. She thought it was a pointless movie and hated it.

I should have known right then how it would all end.

Yup... "Signs and wonders." (Oops. Sorry, wrong movie) :)

Kyle Reese
01-27-2013, 11:52 AM

Cuz she's got a great ass! And you've got your head all the way up it!

JDM
01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Vincent Hanna: I say what I mean, and I do what I say.

JDM
01-27-2013, 12:23 PM
As an aside, what's the story on FNCs? Are they NFA items? Title one guns that are rare? Are they even available in the states?

LHS
01-27-2013, 12:44 PM
That's the discipline.

Chris Rhines
01-27-2013, 01:43 PM
FNCs are actually pretty common and inexpensive for NFA guns.

My favorite quote -

Neil McCauley: [about dreams] I have one where I'm drowning. And I gotta wake myself up and start breathing or I'll die in my sleep.
Vincent Hanna: You know what that's about?
Neil McCauley: Yeah. Having enough time.
Vincent Hanna: Enough time? To do what you wanna do?
Neil McCauley: That's right.
Vincent Hanna: You doin' it now?
Neil McCauley: No, not yet.

Spr1
01-27-2013, 01:51 PM
That's the discipline.

Never have anyone or anything you can't walk away from.....

Joe in PNG
01-27-2013, 03:26 PM
"For me, the action IS the juice..."

Odin Bravo One
01-27-2013, 04:35 PM
"When are you gonna get an old lady?"

............"When I get around to it".

orionz06
01-27-2013, 04:40 PM
"I gotta hold on to my angst. I preserve it because I need it. It keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I gotta be."

JSGlock34
01-27-2013, 04:57 PM
"I told you, when we hooked up, baby, that you were gonna have to share me with all the bad people and all the ugly events on this planet." --Vincent Hanna

I've long been a Michael Mann fan, and it is interesting to see how his films have evolved. There are certainly elements of Thief that appear in Heat, but if you were ever curious what Heat would look like on a 1980s 'made-for-TV' budget, check out Mann's earlier attempt at this storyline, L.A. Takedown. I've linked the bank robbery sequence below, which is a surprisingly close analogue to Heat, but be warned - what has been seen cannot be unseen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EqYkCsxzXc

Amazing what a difference a $60 million budget can make...

Interestingly, Mann revisited elements of Heat in 2002 when he produced the television series Robbery Homicide Division, which followed an elite unit of detectives very similar to Hanna's. Tom Sizemore (who played Michael Cherrito in Heat) was cast in the role of Lieutenant Sam Cole. Sadly, the series didn't make it past its first season, though it showed promise. Here's hoping that Mann revisits the crime drama yet again.

JAD
01-27-2013, 05:05 PM
"Look at me. LOOK AT ME."

SamuelBLong
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
There is a flip side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate. Not for a second.

As an aside, what's the story on FNCs? Are they NFA items? Title one guns that are rare? Are they even available in the states?

There are actually more NFA FNC sears out there than there are guns to install them in.

JDM
01-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Ah. So can I purchase a semi auto FNC?

SamuelBLong
01-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Ah. So can I purchase a semi auto FNC?

Yea they're out there... $2800 was the price on the last one I saw... last year... so who knows what they're going for now.

Edit... 3k to 4.5k from Toms suggestion on checking gunbroker

JDM
01-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks a lot, gents.

Mitchell, Esq.
01-27-2013, 07:25 PM
"Cauz she's got a GREAT ASS!! And you've got your head ALL THE WAY UP IT!!!"

F-Trooper05
01-28-2013, 01:45 AM
Picking one line from this movie would be like picking a favorite child. It's seriously a masterpiece, and one of the most underrated films of all time. Not nominated for a single f*cking Oscar in ANY category. I've watched it more than any other movie ever made, and I still get choked up on the last scene every single time. It puts The Godfather to shame IMO. Simply epic.

NETim
01-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Picking one line from this movie would be like picking a favorite child. It's seriously a masterpiece, and one of the most underrated films of all time. Not nominated for a single f*cking Oscar in ANY category. I've watched it more than any other movie ever made, and I still get choked up on the last scene every single time. It puts The Godfather to shame IMO. Simply epic.

Too many distractions, like a plot and rich characters and not enough sfx. Not worthy of notice.

:confused:

TCinVA
01-28-2013, 08:43 AM
"Cauz she's got a GREAT ASS!! And you've got your head ALL THE WAY UP IT!!!"

I distinctly remember finding Ms. Judd very attractive in that film.

It wasn't until later that I found out she was a barking moonbat.

I've noticed a pattern in the type of women I'm attracted to versus the type of women I could actually live with on a long term basis.

Tamara
01-28-2013, 09:06 AM
There are actually more NFA FNC sears out there than there are guns to install them in.

While that may be a myth (only the BATFE knows for sure) it still causes some pretty weird market distortions.

Guinnessman
01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
There is no way to pick just ONE quote from Heat. It is one of the greatest movies of all time. We watched it religiously in college.

Odin Bravo One
01-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I've noticed a pattern in the type of women I'm attracted to versus the type of women I could actually live with on a long term basis.

I finally gave in, and just rolled with it. Went with the crazy one this time around. The ones I thought would be stable, and keep life sane and normal ended up as miserable relationships that failed on epic scales.

Two weeks ago, I married a woman who is certifiable, batshit crazy. She waited 9 years for this wedding (ummm yeah.....crazy), and has endured more short notice, fast turn-around deployments than she should have, yet still manages to show up at the airport to pick me up from each and every one. During the two years when I spent 41 days out of those 730 in my own home (41 days spread out over 7 separate occasions), and less than half of those with her, I figured there was no way she would be around when I got home.............

Yet, there she was.

Sometimes looney toons, moonbat, shithouse rat crazy can be a good thing.

Guess I finally "Got around to it".

SeriousStudent
01-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Congrats and best wishes to you both.

TCinVA
01-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Two weeks ago, I married

Mazel tov!

NickA
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
"It's like you said, all I am is what I'm going after."
A rundown of all the hardware:
www.imfdb.org/wiki/Heat
Every time I see Heat it makes me want an Officer sized 1911...almost.
And congrats Sean M.