PDA

View Full Version : Question for fellow Glock armorers re: "used" magazine

Nephrology
01-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Hello all,

I came into possession of a 10rd glock 26 magazine that the previous owner had tried to disassemble by basically prying it apart with a screwdriver. The gap between the floorplate and mag body is noticeably wider, but not by an upsetting amount. No cracks or deep punctures. I disassembled/reassembled and it seems to function ok. Any risk besides the chance that it might be more vulnerable to fine debris?

JBP55
01-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Hello all,

I came into possession of a 10rd glock 26 magazine that the previous owner had tried to disassemble by basically prying it apart with a screwdriver. The gap between the floorplate and mag body is noticeably wider, but not by an upsetting amount. No cracks or deep punctures. I disassembled/reassembled and it seems to function ok. Any risk besides the chance that it might be more vulnerable to fine debris?

I would use it as a range magazine only, if the base plate comes off everything inside will fall to the ground.

GNiner
01-27-2013, 10:26 AM
What is causing the gap - a bent mag tube or a bent floorplate? A new floorplate only costs about a dollar at retail. If the mag tube is disfigured I would agree that limiting it to range use is the best option.

Edited: Whoops - I just checked Glockparts.com and 9mm floorplates are now $3.95! Glad I ordered a bunch of these several years ago. You can still get decent prices from Glock if you are a certified armorer, but I have usually just ordered retail from the web for better response times.

ST911
01-27-2013, 11:36 AM
OP- If you need a new baseplate and/or insert, PM your address and I'll send one out to you gratis.

Nephrology
01-28-2013, 09:56 AM
OP- If you need a new baseplate and/or insert, PM your address and I'll send one out to you gratis.

Thanks so much! I will message you.

Re: the mag body, it looks just a little chewed up. Not bent or anything - polymer all looks intact.

JBP55
01-28-2013, 07:04 PM
I do not understand anyone taking a screwdriver to a Glock magazine and basically ruining it. I made sure they would feed and drop free then disassembled 125 older Glock magazines yesterday for a friend so he could clean them.