PDA

View Full Version : THE HILL: Holder begins gun-control push

Wendell
01-26-2013, 07:48 PM
The Justice Department is taking the first steps toward carrying out President Obama’s executive actions on gun control. Attorney General Eric Holder on Friday released three proposals to strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), which was one of the 23 actions ordered by Obama last week to tackle gun violence. The proposed regulations would give local law-enforcement agencies access to the gun-sale database that is maintained by the FBI. The rules would also preserve records of denied weapons sales indefinitely.
<http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/pending-regs/279345-holder-begins-gun-control-push>

Crawls
01-26-2013, 09:27 PM
The Hill: Holder Begins Gun Control Push (http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/pending-regs/279345-holder-begins-gun-control-push)
[Link for the OP]

LHS
01-26-2013, 10:13 PM
The Justice Department is taking the first steps toward carrying out President Obama’s executive actions on gun control. Attorney General Eric Holder on Friday released three proposals to strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), which was one of the 23 actions ordered by Obama last week to tackle gun violence. The proposed regulations would give local law-enforcement agencies access to the gun-sale database that is maintained by the FBI. The rules would also preserve records of denied weapons sales indefinitely.

For the record, I trust Holder about as far as I could throw him (if that). That said, I see nothing wrong with preserving records of denied sales for use in prosecuting folks who try to buy weapons illegally. I'm curious as to what 'gun-sale' database the FBI maintains. Does this mean the NICS database? Or are they actually keeping a DB of all gun sales in conflict with existing federal law?

hufnagel
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
For the record, I trust Holder about as far as I could throw him (if that). That said, I see nothing wrong with preserving records of denied sales for use in prosecuting folks who try to buy weapons illegally. I'm curious as to what 'gun-sale' database the FBI maintains. Does this mean the NICS database? Or are they actually keeping a DB of all gun sales in conflict with existing federal law?

wouldn't that be the same thing the NRA asked Biden at that *koff* meeting? you know, the one where Joey basically said we don't have the manpower or the money to follow up on failed background checks? apparently we can drop $500M on things that won't work, but can't spend a dime on something that MIGHT work.

the stupid... it really hurts my brain sometimes.

Tamara
01-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Holder begins gun-control push

It's about time! Holder's guns have been completely out of control, wandering around Mexico and the Southwest, shooting people. He needs to get those things on a short leash.

ADulay
01-28-2013, 03:39 PM
The mere fact that Eric Holder still draws a paycheck and isn't in a Federal Prison shows what we're up against.

When you're making up your own rules and nobody can prosecute you, you can do pretty much whatever you want without fear.

So, how did all those "proceedings" go to get rid of Holder? Has the "media" followed up on any of the charges?

The system is broken and corrupt.

We're on our own now.

AD

TGS
01-28-2013, 05:05 PM
The mere fact that Eric Holder still draws a paycheck and isn't in a Federal Prison shows what we're up against.

When you're making up your own rules and nobody can prosecute you, you can do pretty much whatever you want without fear.

So, how did all those "proceedings" go to get rid of Holder? Has the "media" followed up on any of the charges?

The system is broken and corrupt.

We're on our own now.

AD

It's not really anything new. The "good ole days" were no different. I'm pretty sure the only president to ever tell the SCOTUS to stuff it and just did whatever he wanted was within the first 50 years of our country, actually.