PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for ak74 pattern in 5.45x39

digiadaamore
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
So with recent ammo prices and such, im considering picking up a 5.45 AK. I ,however, know nothing about AK's, any recommendations for a decent cheap(it is an ak!) rifle?

LHS
01-26-2013, 11:28 AM
So with recent ammo prices and such, im considering picking up a 5.45 AK. I ,however, know nothing about AK's, any recommendations for a decent cheap(it is an ak!) rifle?

Sadly, there really are no 'cheap' AKs that are still decent. You get what you pay for.

I haven't looked at 5.45mm guns in a while, but if you can find an Arsenal, go with that. Stay away from Century guns, as well as Vulcan/Hesse.

Jay Cunningham
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
You're not going to get a cheap AK-74 right now.

The best ones are available from Arsenal, Inc. and are Bulgarian and Russian conversions.

You take your chances with cobbled-together American made AKs. Some guys know how to put them together right, but most don't.

SecondsCount
01-26-2013, 03:24 PM
The lowest cost/good quality would be a converted Saiga but good luck finding anything cheap in this market.

SamuelBLong
01-26-2013, 04:07 PM
You're not going to get a cheap AK-74 right now.

The best ones are available from Arsenal, Inc. and are Bulgarian and Russian conversions.

You take your chances with cobbled-together American made AKs. Some guys know how to put them together right, but most don't.

This.

An Arsenal SGL31-94 is exactly what you want. In this market be prepared to drop 1300-1800, especially since the import supply of 5.45 rifles coming into Arsenal for conversion is low, if not completely dried up.

YVK
01-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Whatever you buy, don't buy Century AK74. SecondsCount here will second my opinion.

digiadaamore
01-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, i had no idea ak's had been hit with the crazy inflation too. Im straight not willing to pay that for what would be an effort to save money! Whats the world come to, even sks' are getting expensive