PDA

View Full Version : CZ Duty; Questions (also 2075 RAMI)

Panoply
01-25-2013, 10:15 AM
What do those of you who have actually handled and fired (more than, say, 100rds) it think of this pistol? Also, I see the threaded barrel version has a lanyard loop. I have no interest in having that model but am a big fan of lanyards. Anyone know if there's an aftermarket add on that would provide me with one? Thanks.

While we're on CZ autos, what do y'all think of the CZ 2075 RAMI and RAMI BD?

Moshe Dayan
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
You can buy a main spring plug with the lanyard loop.

I shoot my friends regularly and in my experiences the P07 is a good pistol. His has had no problems whatsoever. I carry a CZ-75B Omega, which has the same basic trigger mechanism, and have many thousands of trouble free rounds. If you like the P07 I would say give it a try.

fuse
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
I owned a RAMI. nice little gun for what it is. Typical CZ (very good) accuracy.

I didn't shoot it enough to truly test reliability or durability.

cclaxton
01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
What do those of you who have actually handled and fired (more than, say, 100rds) it think of this pistol? Also, I see the threaded barrel version has a lanyard loop. I have no interest in having that model but am a big fan of lanyards. Anyone know if there's an aftermarket add on that would provide me with one? Thanks.

While we're on CZ autos, what do y'all think of the CZ 2075 RAMI and RAMI BD?

What sold me on the Cz handguns was picking up and shooting a 2075 RAMI. I found that I could shoot it better than the other small pistols I had tried. I also like the size and weight and number of rounds it can carry with extended magazine (14 9mm). I started looking into the Cz's and shot a 75B, 75SA Target, etc. That is when I decided to purchase Cz75 Shadow for IDPA competition. I am so glad I did.

I don't care for the sights on the RAMI, and I traded up to get an alloy version. I still have mine that I carry from time to time. I also want to do a competition trigger job on it to remove the creep. But it is a very reliable and accurate handgun for it's size.

I am not a big fan of the DUTY handguns because I shoot the full sized 75. I have shot a P-07 and it is a fantastic shooter, but I am not crazy about the polymer guns generally, and the trigger feels mushy to me, although it might be improved with some work.

I have not found a single Cz that I was disappointed with, but I recommend you shoot a 75 before deciding on the P-07.
CC

Panoply
01-28-2013, 10:45 PM
You mentioned your attraction to the RAMI. I know I'll only be able to decide that when I feel it in mine. What you mentioned that bothered me a bit was trigger creep. Is it bad on your RAMI? A P-07, being less expensive and therefore more likely to be less sound that your RAMI may have a worse creep. Please let me know!
It's between the P-07 and the P-01 with the 07 being more likely.

PS: The break, how's that? Much more pulling capable after the break? I gues I'd call it reverse travel, or post fring travel?