PDA

View Full Version : Biden Tactical Training

NETim
01-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Man oh man! I had no idea this guy was so well versed in self-defense tactics and technology! Where do I sign up?

“Guess what? A shotgun will keep you a lot safer, a double-barreled shotgun, than the assault weapon in somebody’s hands [who] doesn’t know how to use it, even one who does know how to use it,” the outspoken vice president, a shotgun owner himself, replied. “It’s harder to use an assault weapon to hit something than it is a shotgun. You want to keep people away in an earthquake? Buy some shotgun shells.” -- VP Joe Biden (modest but obviously a premier firearms and self-defense expert, 1/24/13)

shootist26
01-24-2013, 08:29 PM
how long until the training industry starts offering 2 day Tactical Coach Gun classes?

TGS
01-24-2013, 08:36 PM
how long until the training industry starts offering 2 day Tactical Coach Gun classes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NSLxxDWpOI

Odin Bravo One
01-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Indeed............

Many places teach defensive shotgun for O/U's, SxS's and defensive rifle courses for bolt and lever guns. I've even attended a defensive SA revolver class. Not my first choice in a defensive arm, but I was intrigued by the idea, and was sure that there were people out there who knew much more about that gun than I did. Why was the class full? With students on stand-by hoping someone would be a no show? Because that is what people have on hand, and want to be proficient. They don't want to go out and buy an AR15, or a Glock, or a Benelli M4. They are not "gun nuts" or even have an average affinity for guns. They hunt, or shoot clays, or plink, or it was handed down from Grandpa or Dad. But they understand there is more to the defensive side than busting pigeons, or pheasants, so they seek out professional training. Which is more than I can say for the bulk of AR15, Glock, and Benelli owners.

Still...............having trained a decent amount for offensive and defensive work with my 870, and 1187, and more than a few thousand pigeons destroyed by the O/U and semi-auto gamer shotguns............... I am pretty confident that I am safer.......and my family is safer, and better protected with me having an AR15 in my hands.

Perhaps if our folks in Benghazi had only been armed with double barrel shotguns the result would have been different.............

Thanks Joe, but you're still an idiot, and I tend to stay away from taking such sage advice from mental midgets and cosmically (and comically) stupid!!

peterb
01-24-2013, 10:25 PM

Not quite yet, but.....

http://www.gunsite.com/main/course-offerings/specialty-classes/cowboy-action-3-gun/

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/Single-Action-Shootout-Gunsite-Academy/

Thunder Ranch has run a "pre-1900" class: http://www.curtrich.com/pre1900-1.html

TNK
01-24-2013, 11:19 PM
I cannot even respond to the VP's comments because they are so wrong-headed.

Joe in PNG
01-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Great, next we'll be hearing all about "Double Barrel Assault Shotguns", and how 12ga shells are only for "killing large numbers of cops or innocent children with one blast". Then they'll put them on the ban list....

..and of course Biden will then praise the deadly effectiveness of the Daisy Red Ryder 200 shot Range Model air rifle (with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time)...

Sparks2112
01-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Says the man with the security detail which has full auto weapons and high explosives at their disposal.

WobblyPossum
01-25-2013, 12:17 AM
He's saying AR-15s are so dangerous that even people trained properly in their use can't be trusted with them. Thanks for your faith in the troops veep

Chris Rhines
01-25-2013, 07:46 AM
I don't mind arrogance, anyone who's been around me knows that I've been guilty of that myself.

What really drives me into a spittle-flecked rage, is arrogant ignorance, of the kind that our VP is displaying in spades.

So with all respect due the office*, I invite Vice President Biden to take his stupid advice, crumple it into a large, sharp ball, and deposit it in his colon.

* - None. None at all.

NETim
01-25-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm junking my AR's as soon as I can find some decently priced double barreled shotguns that meet Joe's stringent specs. I mean, I don't want to screw up and get one that would require aiming or otherwise hamper my ability to defend myself.

I would assume that double triggers and extractors would be the way to go as those features would slow down the rate of fire, if only slightly, thereby increasing my odds of survival, regardless of my skill level and training.

If only this guy would offer some training! How selfish is it of him to withhold this vital information from his fellow citizens!! Doesn't he care?

Until I can get something more concrete out of the man, I'm simply going to have operate under the assumption that "Less is more!"

LittleLebowski
01-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Man oh man! I had no idea this guy was so well versed in self-defense tactics and technology! Where do I sign up?

“Guess what? A shotgun will keep you a lot safer, a double-barreled shotgun, than the assault weapon in somebody’s hands [who] doesn’t know how to use it, even one who does know how to use it,” the outspoken vice president, a shotgun owner himself, replied. “It’s harder to use an assault weapon to hit something than it is a shotgun. You want to keep people away in an earthquake? Buy some shotgun shells.” -- VP Joe Biden (modest but obviously a premier firearms and self-defense expert, 1/24/13)

Great post :D

TCinVA
01-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Indeed............

Many places teach defensive shotgun for O/U's, SxS's and defensive rifle courses for bolt and lever guns. I've even attended a defensive SA revolver class. Not my first choice in a defensive arm, but I was intrigued by the idea, and was sure that there were people out there who knew much more about that gun than I did. Why was the class full? With students on stand-by hoping someone would be a no show? Because that is what people have on hand, and want to be proficient. They don't want to go out and buy an AR15, or a Glock, or a Benelli M4. They are not "gun nuts" or even have an average affinity for guns. They hunt, or shoot clays, or plink, or it was handed down from Grandpa or Dad. But they understand there is more to the defensive side than busting pigeons, or pheasants, so they seek out professional training. Which is more than I can say for the bulk of AR15, Glock, and Benelli owners.

Still...............having trained a decent amount for offensive and defensive work with my 870, and 1187, and more than a few thousand pigeons destroyed by the O/U and semi-auto gamer shotguns............... I am pretty confident that I am safer.......and my family is safer, and better protected with me having an AR15 in my hands.

Perhaps if our folks in Benghazi had only been armed with double barrel shotguns the result would have been different.............

Thanks Joe, but you're still an idiot, and I tend to stay away from taking such sage advice from mental midgets and cosmically (and comically) stupid!!

My suggestion to someone who posted this latest bit of ridiculousness on Facebook was "Well, I guess that means Joe is going to push for the Secret Service to upgrade to double-barrel shotguns."

Your statement reminds me of the aftermath of Katrina. On a forum a bunch of pictures were posted of post-Katrina survival efforts, and they heavily featured Remington 870's and the like. Based on that people began wondering if the 870 was the ultimate SHTF weapon.

I not-so-gently reminded them that in a real SHTF situation, any weapon you can lay hands on is the "ultimate" weapon. In other words, these people were not carefully selecting the 870 from a big wall 'o guns hidden in their secret lair, they were grabbing whatever they had on hand and pressing it into service against the unpleasant aspects of human nature. That it wasn't the ideal tool for the job was irrelevant...it was better than fingernails and harsh language, which was their alternative.

When bad things happen, any gun is better than no gun.

John Ralston
01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Biden needs one of those Looney Toon Shotguns with the barrels that curve back on themselves...

LHS
01-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Biden needs one of those Looney Toon Shotguns with the barrels that curve back on themselves...

Biden needs to shut his d*ck holster and stay in his lane.

NETim
01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
My suggestion to someone who posted this latest bit of ridiculousness on Facebook was "Well, I guess that means Joe is going to push for the Secret Service to upgrade to double-barrel shotguns."

Your statement reminds me of the aftermath of Katrina. On a forum a bunch of pictures were posted of post-Katrina survival efforts, and they heavily featured Remington 870's and the like. Based on that people began wondering if the 870 was the ultimate SHTF weapon.

I not-so-gently reminded them that in a real SHTF situation, any weapon you can lay hands on is the "ultimate" weapon. In other words, these people were not carefully selecting the 870 from a big wall 'o guns hidden in their secret lair, they were grabbing whatever they had on hand and pressing it into service against the unpleasant aspects of human nature. That it wasn't the ideal tool for the job was irrelevant...it was better than fingernails and harsh language, which was their alternative.

When bad things happen, any gun is better than no gun.

Absolutely! I'm just a little upset that we've had this tactical genius in the WH for all this time, apparently hoarding a wealth of knowledge of self-defense, firearms and their use. I've been dropping big $$$ all these years with big names in the firearms training biz and only now I'm finding that the information I have received has been deeply flawed. ;)

Joe's trying to sell himself as some kind of authority. Unfortunately there will be some in our society who will buy into his line of BS simply because he's an elected member of the ruling class. :mad:

Drang
01-25-2013, 09:22 PM
So with all respect due the office*, I invite Vice President Biden to take his stupid advice, crumple it into a large, sharp ball, and deposit it in his colon.

* - None. None at all.

I imagine you had observations about the value of buckets of spit in mind...

LOKNLOD
01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
What really drives me into a spittle-flecked rage, is arrogant ignorance, of the kind that our VP is displaying in spades.

"There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Seems to sum up Biden quite well.

DocGKR
01-26-2013, 02:28 PM
http://64.4.2.103/att/GetInline.aspx?messageid=0f967bb0-6756-11e2-8fdb-00237de3fb50&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aD0E7FD67-A799-466A-A1E0-BD83A3DF2FF7&cid=9911fc25c18e8893&blob=MHxEMEU3RkQ2Ny1BNzk5LTQ2NkEtQTFFMC1CRDgzQTNER jJGRjcucG5nfGltYWdlL3BuZw_3d_3d&hm__login=gkrdds&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.43.26.8&d=d5310&mf=2&hm__ts=Sat%2c%2026%20Jan%202013%2019%3a27%3a42%20G MT&st=gkrdds&hm__ha=01_af09d1607bdf8ce7f7e9c39fbe17bac54207cb3a 858058fc06838a4eeb4cfd18&oneredir=1

Wendell
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Biden said he keeps two shotguns and shells locked up at home and he's told his wife, Jill, to use them if she needs protection. He presumably was speaking about before he became vice president, a position that gives the couple full-time Secret Service protection. "I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said. "You don't need an AR-15. It's harder to aim, it's harder to use and in fact, you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself."
<http://www.pressherald.com/politics/Biden-says-a-shotgun-will-scare-off-intruders.html>

Jay Cunningham
02-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Does he have a DVD?

JV_
02-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Does he have a DVD?

Yes, it'll be included with your next purchase of a Taurus Judge.

orionz06
02-19-2013, 06:07 PM
You'd expect the VP to be using blu-ray by now...

Jay Cunningham
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
You'd expect the VP to be using blu-ray by now...

You don't need a blu-ray. It's more expensive, it's harder to use and in fact, you don't need higher resolution to enjoy yourself.

fuse
02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
You don't need a blu-ray. It's more expensive, it's harder to use and in fact, you don't need higher resolution to enjoy yourself.

golf clap

NETim
02-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Yeah, but I hear the man's game is so precise and operates at such a high level that standard resolution may not capture the magnificence of Tactical Joe. A close up of Joe's flying fingers plucking empties from the rusty chambers of his Stevens 311 is HiDef material if there ever was one.

Wendell
02-24-2013, 03:14 PM
MILLER: The NRA was right (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/22/the-nra-was-right-biden-says-cops-in-the-schools-i/)
<http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/22/the-nra-was-right-biden-says-cops-in-the-schools-i/>

RoyGBiv
02-28-2013, 05:19 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/27/joe-biden-has-more-gun-advice-just-fire-the-shotgun-through-the-door/

“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”

Appropriate image to go with the story.
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/600x4173.jpg

Chemsoldier
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/27/joe-biden-has-more-gun-advice-just-fire-the-shotgun-through-the-door/

Appropriate image to go with the story.
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/600x4173.jpg

Tactical Joe Biden (TJB) is an up and coming luminary in the firearms training world. "WWTJB do?" is soon to decorate bumber stickers and t-shirts.

This dude is the gift that keeps on giving. Just when the jokes on the last outlandish thing he says is wearing off he opens his mouth again.

I would like to propose the "Biden Start" to IDPA/USPSA and 3-Gun stages. Shooter starts with pistol loaded and holstered holding a double barrel shotgun (preferably the match director uses a Stoeger "tactical" over and under with light and red dot). On the buzzer, the shooter must discharge two rounds of bird shot without breaking the 180, into the berm without hitting any targets, then dumpt the shottie into a dump barrel, draw their pistol and engage targets as they become visible.

Shellback
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
I wonder if this Virginia man can use Biden's advice (http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/man-charged-for-firing-gun-in-home) as a defense?

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A 22-year-old man found himself facing a summons after he told officers he fired his shotgun repeatedly upon finding masked suspects leaning in his window.

According to Grazia Moyers with the Virginia Beach Police Department, officers responded to the 500 block of Mango Drive around 10:30 p.m. Saturday for a report of shots fired.

There, they spoke with the resident, Trevor Lamont Snowden, who told police his dog was acting strange. When he walked to his bedroom, he said he saw two masked suspects leaning in his open window.

Snowden told police the suspects pointed weapons at him and told him to shut the bedroom door. Thinking the suspects were going to rob him, he moved into the hallway and retrieved a shotgun.

Moyers said Snowden fired through his bedroom door, then opened the door and fired several more rounds toward the window. Any suspects fled the area and could not be located by officers.

No one was injured and there were no reports of damage to other property.

Snowden was charged with reckless handling of a firearm in the incident and released on a summons.

orionz06
02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Tactical Joe Biden (TJB) is an up and coming luminary in the firearms training world. "WWTJB do?" is soon to decorate bumber stickers and t-shirts.

This dude is the gift that keeps on giving. Just when the jokes on the last outlandish thing he says is wearing off he opens his mouth again.

I would like to propose the "Biden Start" to IDPA/USPSA and 3-Gun stages. Shooter starts with pistol loaded and holstered holding a double barrel shotgun (preferably the match director uses a Stoeger "tactical" over and under with light and red dot). On the buzzer, the shooter must discharge two rounds of bird shot without breaking the 180, into the berm without hitting any targets, then dumpt the shottie into a dump barrel, draw their pistol and engage targets as they become visible.

You win the internet for February.

RoyGBiv
02-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Action shot.

http://s2.freebeacon.com/up/2013/01/tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif

Robert Mitchum
03-01-2013, 03:29 AM
http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/joe-biden-the-joker-vp-debate.jpg
Assholes don't KNOW they're assholes.
They go through life oblivious to their condition.

TCinVA
03-01-2013, 09:06 AM
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/90e507b07f.jpg
Assholes don't KNOW they're assholes.
They go through life oblivious to their condition.

Idiots don't know that they're idiots.

A-holes just don't care.

BaiHu
03-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Sheriff Joe Biden's 4 Rules of Gun Safety

1. Get yerself a SHOTgun...
2. Load it up with some BUCKshot...
3. Keep your finger on the trigger at all times...don't forget to gallop like a school girl to mimic 'kick'.
4. Blast that guy through the door if he tries to step onto your property...and look at your sweetheart smiling as the mailman bleeds to death on your front porch.

If Wayne LaPierre had any sack, and maybe he did this and I didn't see, he'd highlight this and do a presser to show how 'the guy in charge of the gun debate is the only gun-toting psychopath out there that we need to look out for.'

NickA
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM
So any word yet on which double barrel the Secret Service will now be using?

Shellback
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Another victim (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/12/22/del-man-arrested-for-firing-gunshots-from-home-toward-i-95/) of old Joe's advice. :p

Police say they responded to reports from residents who heard gunshots and saw the 46-year-old Szymanski coming out of the back of his home with a shotgun. Reports say Szymanski then went inside, but came out again and fired more gunshots that sounded like they came from a handgun this time.