PDA

View Full Version : Robar TriFit grip mod for Glocks

NickA
01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
This looks pretty neat:
www.robarguns.com/glocks.html
Robar will install a grip insert system on Gen 1,2 or 3 Glocks. Different inserts mimic 1911, SIG or regular Glock grip angles.

Shokr21
01-24-2013, 10:51 AM
The small frame glocks fit my hands perfectly. Almost as if ol Gaston has the exact same sized hands as I do.

I've tried GFA's, I had to reposition my hand to hit the slide release. I've tried the gen4 backstraps, again hand reposition.

I might be one of few people who do little to change the grip of a glock. My glock grip mod? I wrap the grip a few times with black athletic tape, allows for better feel in cold and hot weather, easy to replace and cheap as hell.

This looks interesting if you don't primarily shoot glocks, but as someone who shoot glocks I don't want my glocks to feel like anything else.

JHC
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
The small frame glocks fit my hands perfectly.

I might be one of few people who do little to change the grip of a glock. .

Me too. I love how they "point". I liked curved MSH on the A1 style 1911 and don't like the straight MSH at all.

But you are in the vast majority of the millions of users that just shoot them stock (grip/frame-wise). But if someone just had to have one of the different versions; this looks pretty neat.

Jim Watson
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I don't much like the grip ANGLE, but as far as girth, I am ok with the standard. I don't have the same diameter fingers as the guy they made the mold off of for 3rd generation, though. I would, if campaigning a Glock, have the finger grooves leveled out.

farscott
01-25-2013, 12:46 PM
A word of caution on the Robar Glock grips modifications. I am not sure of the composition of the material used by Robar, but it is exceedingly sensitive to both pressure and is prone to separating from the nylon 6/6 Glock polymer. My fingernails were enough to cut it on a G29 with a grip frame treatment. I also was able to remove some of the material just by my fingers slipping from the Glock slide lock during field stripping and striking the frame. I love the NP3 finish, but I am less than satisfied with the grip frame material that Robar uses.