PDA

View Full Version : Which Grip backstrap use for glock 17 gen 4

Fellas
01-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Hi guy

I have two glocks in gen 3 one is the 19 and th other is 35. Now i am looking to get a g 17 in gen but i have problem regarding slide bites. I have big hands hold my grip high and i get slides bites the first shot when i shoot from a holster . I know the gen 4 have different back straps which do you use to avoid slide bites with the new glock and any news on the factory beaver tail back strap mainly to shoot in comps

thanks

Up1911Fan
01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Grip Force Adapter.

EHC
01-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Grip Force Adapter.

+1

JHC
01-20-2013, 01:24 PM
I have repeatedly measured my best performance with the large grip insert. And the sights clearly look more stable in strings with the Large. Now with my Gen 4 G26 the slide doesn't so much bit as it hacks and slashes deep. So I stay with no insert and it works out because it fits my wife better.

OTOH on my new Gen 4 G34 - with the large insert it bites/rubs but not as much blood. Presently I'm staying with the large on this gun as I've measure it better on paper and timer. I have used the GFAs and after some shooting I don't prefer them.

Morbidbattlecry
01-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Grip Force Adapter.

+1

Gorris
01-20-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't use any back strap because I have medium to large hands and have never experienced a slide bite.

JBP55
01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't use any back strap because I have medium to large hands and have never experienced a slide bite.

Same here with small hands.

Wendell
01-20-2013, 10:29 PM
The large backstrap feels best, for me, but it also practically guarantees slide bite. A Grip Force Adapter would fix the issue, but isn't legal in Production Division.

It's not the best option but cut-to-fit pieces of moleskin, applied to the strong hand, work pretty well at eliminating injury from slide bite.

JHC
01-21-2013, 08:42 AM
I think grip and wrist strength is a factor in slide bite as much as hand size. My fingers are long but my hands are not broad and thick and my wrists are not thick. My son has much thicker hands/wrist/forearm all the way around and grips way high on the guns too and has never been even nicked by a slide. He also has sick gorilla grip strength and me much less so, even less lately with an elbow issue that seems to have further eroded my grip.