PDA

View Full Version : Guys I need some sight help.

SC_Dave
01-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Guns: G19 and G26

Problem: Older eyes, Glock OEM sights just don't cut it.

Use: No competition shooting. Self-defense training and practice.

Situation: Bought a set of Big Dots, I'm sorry, I just didn't like them at all. I ordered some Ameriglo (painted) square front sights in orange, loved them. But, the paint fell out of not one but three sets. Ameriglo has beed great to deal with and Rick sent me two sets of a different kind to replace the others. These were round, white outline with orange center, loved them. Today at the range the orange center fell out. Called Rick, he was at Shot show but said he would take care of it and I know he will. Ameriglo has been GREAT to deal with! However, I am at my wits ends, I have put on more sights in the past 6 months than I have put on in the past 30 years. I am ready to put this behind me, I want to put on a set of sights and be done! Please help me with some suggestions (tried and true) hopefully. I'm ok with Ameriglo if I can find some that will stay together.

I like the bright orange, my eyes seem to pick it up better, square more-so than round but I'm ok with either. Don't really have to have night sights but I'm not opposed to them either.

Thanks in advance, David

Kyle Reese
01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
I've had excellent luck with the Warren-Tactical-Sight-GLOCK-Sevigny-Set (http://www.skdtac.com/Warren-Tactical-Sight-GLOCK-Sevigny-Set-p/wrt.102.htm) currently on both of my Gen 4 Glock 17's. JV was kind enough to apply bright orange paint to the top half of my front sight, giving it a nice contrast and aids me picking up the front sight faster during press outs. They're also relatively inexpensive and durable.

Odin Bravo One
01-18-2013, 03:32 PM
I just replaced a set of the Warren's with Trijicon Hi-Vis sights.

Why? Because the Warren's were just plain beat up and distracting. I liked the Warren's, but when time came to replace them, the Hi-Viz sights were worth a look.

The Hi-Vis come in your choice of bright yellow or orange on the front sight. While not square, there is no missing that day-glo front dot!

End all, be all? Probably not. Better than sights that keep falling apart? Probably.

Up1911Fan
01-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Heinie Quik sights, Ameriglo I-Dot, Trijicon HD's should all work well for you.

JHC
01-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Another vote for Trijicon HD. Orange is my preferred flavor.

orionz06
01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Ameriglo Pro Glo front:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8296/7860622950_2f4f686e3b_c.jpg

EMC
01-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your experiences with the ameriglo's. I've enjoyed my orange CAP front a lot.

SC_Dave
01-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your experiences with the ameriglo's. I've enjoyed my orange CAP front a lot.

EMC, I think you would have said if you had any trouble. Have you had good service from the CAP sights? Would you buy them again?
David

Up1911Fan
01-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Ameriglo Pro Glo front:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8296/7860622950_2f4f686e3b_c.jpg

CAP? If so how do you like it? Any reason you went with yellow over orange?

EMC
01-18-2013, 09:22 PM
EMC, I think you would have said if you had any trouble. Have you had good service from the CAP sights? Would you buy them again?
David

Yes this sight has been fine. I've had it for about a year. I keep solvents and lube away from the paint as best I can. This particular front sight is model GL-212-OR Q for glock. It is the square orange paint with green tritium insert. I paired it with the pro-operator rear with wider notch and yellow tritium inserts.

orionz06
01-18-2013, 09:33 PM
CAP? If so how do you like it? Any reason you went with yellow over orange?

CAP front, Hack rear. I shot LittleLebowski's and F2S's Glocks with this combo (front width and notch width) and went for them. I am back and forth on the color. I feel it is more often than not brighter and better. There are times where I have troubles with it but they are far less than with the orange. I did AFHF with them and have them installed on my SIRT and 22 slide as well. I have a set, not installed yet, for my backup carry gun as well.

I would love to speak a little more concretely about the color but I like both and currently give the edge to the yellow. Supposedly it is better scientifically but who knows. If lost I would buy the same set again.

Up1911Fan
01-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Thanks. Plan on trying a set and can't decide on color. Looking forward to my Izula sheath as well...

ST911
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Using and recommending Trijicon HDs. I have some Ameriglo I-Dot Pros on order as well and will be running those as well for trial.

Older shooters and those with various vision issues report much satisfaction with the Trijicons. I'm anxious to see how the Ameriglos do.

SC_Dave
01-29-2013, 06:07 PM
I just installed a set of Ameriglo CAP sights in orange. I hope these last and serve me well, if not I am going with the Trijcon HD's.

EMC
01-29-2013, 06:09 PM
I just installed a set of Ameriglo CAP sights in orange. I hope these last and serve me well, if not I am going with the Trijcon HD's.

Cool, let us know how it goes.