PDA

View Full Version : RR/Tactical Buckshot

David Armstrong
01-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Let me stretch a wider net than I personally have, and pick the minds of the collective forum. I've got a colleague up North that is saying he is hearing repeated reports of Tactical Buck failing to perform up to expectations. That is news to me and folks I associate with, and while not ever needing to use it on a person I've rolled many a feral dog and other critters out at the 25 yard line. Admittedly down here in the South we don't wear layers of heavy clothing, but how about it? Anyone hearing of problems with Tactical Buck as a manstopper round out to about the 25 yard range?

DocGKR
02-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Not on unobstructed shots.

David Armstrong
02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
thanks, Doc.

shootist26
02-02-2013, 03:43 PM
in what way is it not living up to expectations according to him?

Turn Key
02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
David:

Take a look at the shotgun shell offerings that Paraklese Technologies have for sale.

Some is LE only, but they have some great shot shell.

http://www.paraklesetechnologies.com/products.asp?cat=17

TK

David Armstrong
02-03-2013, 11:54 AM
in what way is it not living up to expectations according to him?
Failures to stop, inadequate penetration. I'm of the opinion they either aren't getting good hits (most likely) or they are looking at some kind of barriers. Like i said, I've regularly rolled assorted critters with it in the 20-30 yard range and hadn't noticed any significant difference from regular 00 Buck.

Chuck Haggard
02-07-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm tracking one case reported to me, involving a bad guy in a heavy leather coat getting shot at over 40 yards. The low recoil Federal OO buck supposedly failed to get through his coat. I have not confrimed this report.

This is one case. Locally, at closer range, we tend to put low recoil OO buck all the way through both people and pit bulls.

Odin Bravo One
02-08-2013, 12:15 AM
There are lots of cases of RR failing to incapacitate the bad guy. And there are a lot of cases where it ended the fight quick, fast, and in a hurry. And the same is true of regular 9 pellet 00 Buck.

But in each case, I'd lay dollars to pesos that the wizard, not the wand, was the deciding factor.

I have first hand knowledge of an incident where a well placed 00 buck round placed center of the sternum at a range of about 4 yards failed to yield instant incapacitation. A second round of 00 buckl put the bad guy down. However, he continued to live for more than 20 minutes, despite the fact that he had but one chamber of his heart left, and it was well ventilated. His body continued to live for long after medical science had an explanation.

No bullets, shells, or calibers are death rays. Every bullet, shell, caliber has turned in "one in a million" fight stopping performances at some point. And they have all taken the blame for epic failures. As I remind folks each and every time statistical data and gelatin performance starts being touted as "gospel" for which is "the best".............a huge variable that determines the effect of a bullet, or shotgun shell.............the dude, or dudette getting shot. As we see in the example above, some freaky shit happens when people start getting shot.