PDA

View Full Version : Buying new sights

part-time shooter
04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm replacing the factory sights on an M&P 45 mid-size/compact. There are about 50 choices to make. My biggest question is what width and what height to buy. I like my guns to hit point of aim/point of impact instead of 6 o'clock but have no clue what the factory sight size is or what to buy to get what I want from the replacements.

Is there a guide I'm missing discussing this on m4carbine.net or another forum? I didn't find it if so.

I also think a thinner front post will be faster. For the Mid-size I'm looking for a good fiber optic sight, yes I'm even looking at the VTAC but it's damned expensive to just "see if I like it". I can see it has it's merits though, don't know if they'd work for me and the $214.99 price tag is keeping me away.

In any event what does one look for in a replacement sight when looking for point of aim/point of impact, thinner, fixed fiber optic to drop in replace the factory sights, which are novak?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

willowofwisp
04-09-2011, 04:16 PM
If your going the fiber optic route I would take a hard look at either a set of warrens or the 10-8 rear sight and new 10-8 FO front.

John Ralston
04-09-2011, 07:55 PM
If you want an FO Front, look at a set of Heinie 50+ sights. I had a set and they were very nice. The front is made by Dawson.