PDA

View Full Version : bulged barrel?

TAK
01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
here is what happened with my xd-9

While out with a buddy doing a little marksmanship brush ups i conducted a reload from a dry magazine. slid the slide the forward and pulled the trigger. no fire attempted to pull the slide back and load a new round into the chamber. Nothing happened once again. I took a couple of steps off the line and realized my slide was not going far enough back to load a new round. After taking a closer look my slide will not go far enough back to reach the slide lock. Its about a half an inch short of it. due to this i am unable to take my xd apart and examine the guts. I'm guessing its a bulged barrel but i cannot see any visible damage.are they very noticeable? ive tried racking the hell out of my xd's slide with and without a mag inserted with no luck. If it is a bulged barrel can a gun smith still manage to get the firearm apart or am i stuck with an expensive paper weight?

SecondsCount
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Call Springfield. They will take care of you.

WDW
01-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Springfield has great service. They'll fix or replace your gun. Don't even waste your time with a smith. Not that a great gunsmith is a bad thing, but when you have free warranty work available, use it!!! Call them up & they should send you a pre paid shipping label ASAP.

TAK
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
only problem is that i am not the original owner of the firearm. I may have miss read but i believe its only the original owner who can send it in to springfield true or false?

Kyle Reese
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
only problem is that i am not the original owner of the firearm. I may have miss read but i believe its only the original owner who can send it in to springfield true or false?

I'd contact them to find out.

WDW
01-08-2013, 05:25 PM

That can just be your little secret. I doubt they care. I wouldn't even mention it & I doubt if they will either.

Haraise
01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
I know they've fixed 1911's that weren't the original owner.

If the new owner /told/ them that or not, I'm not sure.

SecondsCount
01-08-2013, 11:37 PM
I am not sure what there policy is on ownership but we had a Springfield EMP a few years ago that wouldn't run. Even though we were the second owners, Springfield didn't seem to care. They sent a call tag and had it turned around in two weeks.

JDM
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Many moons ago, I snapped the little door off an M1A butt plate (completely my fault...no questions). I called them up and they sent me a whole new assembly, and I didn't even have to play the crying game with them. Excellent CS. They'll take care of you.

BLR
01-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Why do you think it's a bulged barrel???

JM Campbell
01-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Almost sounds like your striker retaining roll pin has broken and is causing the lock up issues. Just my

It is/was a issue in the past. Hit up the XD forum for more info and advice on how to remedy the situation. Shoot they may even have a favorite tech extension number for you to call.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2