PDA

View Full Version : The Wrath of Khan

NETim
01-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Hi! My name's Tim and I'm a 1911 shooter.

But I'm trying to reform (a little.)

I took my month old Gen4 G19 out to the range today to test the POI/POA of the newly installed Ameriglo .220" front sight and the 10-8 rear combo. Also on the trip were two Khan 17 round mags for evaluation. Glock mags are hard to come by these days. :( So I figured what the heck.

Anyways, they were a little rough to start, but smoothed up some after a few mags. No malfunctions with either using WWB, Fed 115 FMJ and Speer Lawman 124 gr for 150 rounds total. The little G19 keeps chattering along. Hardly a demanding test by any means, but they will be good enough for training purposes IMHO. I'm putting more on order to go along with my backordered Glock 17 mags.

And even with the Grip Force Adapter in place, I still managed a slight case of slide bite. :( I like what it does for the grip angle biz, so it's staying glued on regardless.

texasaggie2005
01-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Try glockstore.com

I just bought some G19 & G17 mags from them.

Crawls
01-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Try glockstore.com

I just bought some G19 & G17 mags from them.

Thanks for the post. Just ordered a few myself. Hadn't been able to find them anywhere.

NETim
01-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Looks like G17 mags are backordered there too. I have several backordered with Midway. Several orders, two mags at a time. :(

Crawls
01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Well kick me in the jimmies for not reading through each of the scrolling messages on their home page to learn the magazines were on back order. No mention of that at any time during the transaction, and no mention of the back order on the order summary they emailed. Bummer.

texasaggie2005
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Well kick me in the jimmies for not reading through each of the scrolling messages on their home page to learn the magazines were on back order. No mention of that at any time during the transaction, and no mention of the back order on the order summary they emailed. Bummer.

Well damn, I didn't catch any of that either.

EMC
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Not surprising, but not a bad idea to keep several backorders open just in case one of these places gets a shipment.