PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Sportsman's Warehouse.

F-Trooper05
01-04-2013, 07:47 PM
They're still getting weekly shipments in from somewhere magical. I just picked up 2K rounds of M885 green tip ($425 ea.). A bunch of Pmags ($17.99 ea.). And two Glock mags ($24.99 ea.).

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/millert12005/ammo_zpsecc29116.jpg

JV_
01-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Nice score!

FWIW: The shelves of my local store starting to restock.

TGS
01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Nice score!

FWIW: The shelves of my local store starting to restock.

Ditto.

The other day my LGS had 2 new Bushmaster Dissapators (or similar) here, along with 150 or so Thermold mags.

I'd prefer Colt and Magpul, personally :( The fact that I don't live near Va Arms Co. anymore gives me sad.

JV_
01-04-2013, 08:43 PM
The fact that I don't live near Va Arms Co. anymore gives me sad.

I now have 5 gun shops within 15 minutes of my house, one is 5 minutes away. VA Arms is still the best, but I wish they'd start carrying reloading supplies again.

Kyle Reese
01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Nice score, F-Trooper!

I picked up a nice new M&P 15-22 today at my LGS for $540, OTD. A little higher than I wanted to pay, but it was right there on the shelf, calling out to me. :)

I bought a few 25 rd mags before Christmas when a gun shop in southern Virginia was selling them at $19 a pop.

TNK
01-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Good score. I agree: Sportsmans Warehouse is okay. I shopped frequently the one in Reno.

orionz06
01-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I bought a few 25 rd mags before Christmas when a gun shop in southern Virginia was selling them at $19 a pop.

I was gonna grab a few at that price too, I figured I would buy them when I was making a larger purchase. I was also gonna buy 25k of 9mm after the first of the year....

F-Trooper05
01-04-2013, 09:06 PM
The fact that I don't live near Va Arms Co. anymore gives me sad.

No doubt. One of the biggest things I miss about DC.

zacii
01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
The Sportsman's Warehouse nearest to me gets their shipments on Thursday nights.

My coworker knowing this, asks his wife to go there when they open on Friday at 9 am, to see if she can get any ammo.

Well, she calls him around 11. Apparently, there had been people camped out since 3 am to get in line for whatever they can get. She got there at 10, and all the 223/5.56 ammo and mags were gone by then.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

LOKNLOD
01-05-2013, 11:18 PM
The sportsman's warehouse near me closed last year. :( They just built a Dick's down the street that opened this fall. :rolleyes:

GJM
01-14-2013, 06:59 PM
So I am in line at the gun counter at Wholesale Sports (formerly Sportsman's Warehouse) here in Bozeman, waiting to have my defective Leica binoculars dealt with. A quick look at the gun racks shows mostly the firearm equivalent of the pets at the pound which will never be adopted. Husband and wife deep in conversation with the salesman. Salesman proudly hands what looks like a Taurus to the woman, and proclaims it is much better than a Glock, as it has "second strike" capability. I am sure it is just a coincidence that there is not a single Glock, even in .45 GAP, on the shelves. Next he hands her a Roger LCR with a laser, and tells her to point the laser at his chest and pull the trigger, which she does several times. I am not making this up. As she started to swing the laser at his eyes, I started to say something, but instead headed to the customer service counter.

LHS
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Stopped by my FLGS on Friday morning, and the shelves were pretty bare. Didn't stop them from displaying a half-dozen PMags at $100/each. I just shook my head. They had some Troy mags for $30 each, and I almost bought one, because I figure those guys aren't pricing PMags so high to gouge. They normally make money on high volume and low margin, so if they're suddenly forced into low volume due to supply shortages, they have to make it up on margin just to pay the rent. They've always been fair to me on transfers. Maybe I'll swing by tomorrow afternoon and buy a charity Troy mag.

Al T.
01-15-2013, 10:18 AM
My local Sportsmans has managed to run off the few good gun sales people they had and have hired buffoons in their place.

HCM
01-15-2013, 10:27 AM
The sportsman's warehouse near me closed last year. :( They just built a Dick's down the street that opened this fall. :rolleyes:

The eye roll is well deserved. I've never been a fan of Dick's, but their Troy carbine fiasco has put them on my NFE list.