PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed a protest outside of the NRA HQ today.....

Kyle Reese
12-30-2012, 08:21 PM
...... One lone guy holding a sign saying "Ban Assault Guns" in the cold, all by his lonesome. :cool:

Inside the range were folks signing up as new members of the range and exercising their 2A rights.

His little protest did little to deter a large number of patrons from hitting the range.

EOD_Paul
12-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Prolly a 99% also.

fuse
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Someone should have trolled him with a one man counter-protest.

"Assault Guns Are Cool"

LOKNLOD
12-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Woulda been kind of funny if he got mugged...and then rescued by a range-goer.

SeriousStudent
12-30-2012, 10:50 PM
When children are out and about in the cold weather, I usually just offer them a cup of hot cocoa. It probably would have cheered him right up, and he would have gone home happy.

Then he would have got all those hugs he missed earlier in life. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

breakingtime91
12-31-2012, 01:29 AM
I remember one time in Afghanistan that I was talking (through a terp) to a local and he obviously didn't like us. I asked him why he didn't like me and he was kind of surprised that I asked him that. He just responded " well I don't really know, everyone told me you were no good ." That has stuck with me since then and I think this is a good example of that again. They don't know why they don't like us, they really don't even care about knowing why, they just know that someone said we we're bad news. I don't think hot coco or a counter argument will ever really phase some people, they just need some kind of view and its usually which ever one is around them most or gets to them first.

BLR
12-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Good news for a change!!!

JMS
12-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Fred, if I didn't know better, I'd say you didn't have a hair on your ass for not having smeared "F**k this guy" and an arrow on an IPSC backer, and standing next to him. :D

How nuts was the place, given the goon-show @ Dulles Expo...?

JV_
12-31-2012, 09:11 AM

1 hour wait right now....

LittleLebowski
12-31-2012, 09:18 AM
1 hour wait right now....

You're a brave man :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JV_
12-31-2012, 09:19 AM
You're a brave man :)I called from the warmth of my home office...

Kyle Reese
12-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Fred, if I didn't know better, I'd say you didn't have a hair on your ass for not having smeared "F**k this guy" and an arrow on an IPSC backer, and standing next to him. :D

We were told an hour and 15 min wait, but got a lane at about 35 mins. A lot of people there, but witnessed no safety violations. Lots of new shooters, attentive RSO's and black rifles being fired. Lots of new shooters leaving the range with smiles after cranking off rounds with AR's.