PDA

View Full Version : Performance Tracking with MS Access

Ifightcrime
04-07-2011, 04:34 PM
I would like to be able to track a few shooting buddies and myself on different drills. I think Access (Database) would be a good tool. Before I re-invent the wheel, has anyone created a database in access to track multiple practice sessions which include several different drills? If so would you please share?
If not let me know what computer (PC) program you use to track your performance.

Thanks for the help,

MTechnik
04-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I was thinking about using a pre-formatted spreadsheet, then I could just enter information to it on my phone directly... but no, nothing made to offer, I'm still working on my initial range plan.

jslaker
04-08-2011, 04:47 PM
The mobile side of this is actually something I'm working on (and talked to Todd about a while back). Unfortunately, both my partner and I have full-time day jobs, so we haven't had the chance to do much beyond basic prototyping.

I'd love to know what kind of data people are interested in tracking; we've got a lot of ideas, but useful takes priority over cool. :)

VolGrad
04-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Thread resurrection .... and a bit of a de-rail. Mods ... if this is better served with a new thread please feel free to split it off. Thanks.

Related to my wanting to compare my performance with different pistol models (deciding which I want to use as a dedicated IDPA gun) I am putting together a GOOGLE.doc spreadsheet to track my performance. I will also include a couple of other things just so it's all together and easily accessible from anywhere.

I am setting up tabs for GSSF, IDPA Classifier, indiv IDPA matches, Training Log, etc.

Specifically, what drills do you guys use to track performance over time?

Dot Torture
FAST
Hackathorn Standards

I am somewhat limited in what I can do at the range I normally shoot at. This will really put a crimp in the plan. I will prob have to modify each drill so it can be done from a ready position. I know this isn't ideal but you have to do what you have to do .... or else get kicked out. I can always do a separate tab for "real" drills ... as they were designed ... but these will not be done as frequently as I can't do them during my normal practice sessions at my club.

Suggestions please.

rsa-otc
04-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Fast
The Hack
The Humbler
And Now the IDPA Classifier (after 5 hours of standing around stg 3 kicked my backside)