PDA

View Full Version : The official "You've got to be kidding me!" price gouging thread.

F-Trooper05
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I was just glancing at some local used AR's for sale just to see what people were selling their turds for. Here's a few that stood out:

Bushmaster LR-308 (http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_General/63_Guns_Hunting/269265_Bushmaster_LR_308_308.html): $4,000

Rock River Arms AR15 (http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_General/63_Guns_Hunting/269216_Rock_River_Arms_AR_15_223.html): $2,500

DPMS AR15 (http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_General/63_Guns_Hunting/269161_DPMS_M4_5_56_223.html): $2,000

M&P15 Sport (http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_General/63_Guns_Hunting/269354_Smith_amp_Wesson_M_amp_P15_Sport_223.html): $1,400

JV_
12-27-2012, 03:32 PM
With these prices, I'm toying with the idea of selling my almost new Noveske barreled VIS upper. Then, when prices come back down to earth, I'll get 2 or 3 LMT M4 uppers.

JConn
12-27-2012, 03:44 PM
With these prices, I'm toying with the idea of selling my almost new Noveske barreled VIS upper. Then, when prices come back down to earth, I'll get 2 or 3 LMT M4 uppers.

Yeah but on the off chance something gets passed you're SOL. I have been considering something similar though.

John Ralston
12-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I have an "Extra" Lower and I was toying with the idea of listing it up for trade for a nice 18" SS Match Grade Barrel...something like a Wilson Recon or SPR. I would take that trade in a heartbeat. Maybe trade off two of them and get a TRIM Rail too.

It is probably only going to get crazier for a while.

JHC
12-27-2012, 04:03 PM
On Outdoor Trader a fellow had a S&W Sport (M&P) listed for $2300.

JV_
12-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah but on the off chance something gets passed you're SOL.I'm not too worried. It's not like it's my only upper.

TGS
12-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I posted this in the "Marketplace Reacts" thread, but I figured it needed reposting here since it's the biggest markup on a gun I've seen:

HK MR556 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322214298): Used for $7,136. That gun sells new for $2200 normally. Yowza. I'm still befuddled.

Matt O
12-27-2012, 04:29 PM
This thread is giving me evil ideas...

I wonder if someone would pay $2k for my lightly used SLR-107F with AK100 stock and ultimak rail. That way when prices return to normal I can buy another AK and a 6920 with my $2k.

John Ralston
12-27-2012, 04:36 PM
I posted this in the "Marketplace Reacts" thread, but I figured it needed reposting here since it's the biggest markup on a gun I've seen:

HK MR556 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322214298): Used for $7,136. That gun sells new for $2200 normally. Yowza. I'm still befuddled.

The sad thing is...that wasn't a dingle berry asking that much...it was a loon who bid that much!!

And stripped lowers going for $454!!! Holy Crap

TGS
12-27-2012, 04:44 PM
The sad thing is...that wasn't a dingle berry asking that much...it was a loon who bid that much!!

And stripped lowers going for $454!!! Holy Crap

There was a Noveske stripped lower that went for $600 ( :eek: ) on gunbroker.

SecondsCount
12-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Why is this gouging?

Six months ago people were saying how expensive a $950 AR cost and now they are tripping over themselves to spend $1,500 to get one before they are banned. I have heard several stories of people walking into a gunshop in the last week and asking to buy an AR-15. When asked what kind they wanted the responses have been "I don't care, as long as it is an AR-15."

I spoke to a guy who owns a small local gunshop. He has two long guns and a couple handguns left. When he called his wholesalers yesterday morning to restock they told him they don't have anything but a couple semi-auto pistols and some bolt action guns which nobody is buying. Even 1911 pistols have been wiped out of inventory.

The next gun shows are going to be absolutely crazy and it is only going to get worse before it gets better.

John Ralston
12-27-2012, 05:09 PM
So if I sell high...is that gouging or a good return on my investment? :cool:

David Armstrong
12-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Don't have any firearms I'd sell, but I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to invest in a table at the next gun show and sell off about half of my AR and Glock mags.

dstocum
12-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Someone can list a gun for as much as they want, they're not forcing anyone to buy it. And if an item gets bid through the roof, well, it's not the seller's doing. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I'll be auctioning a rifle and a pile of mags, an M1A scout I was already planning on selling before the panic. I'm getting away from the platform entirely. What am I supposed to do, list it at a "fair" fixed price and watch someone flip it as soon as they get it, or auction it and let the market decide what it's worth?

Everyone talks about how guns hold their value, good investment, blah blah blah. Now that people are actually making some real cash on their investments half the gun world is bitching about it. :rolleyes:

This isn't like jacking the price of gas to $8 / gal in an ice storm or doubling the prices at the grocery store. Nobody NEEDS to buy this stuff.

Odin Bravo One
12-27-2012, 05:32 PM
I have plenty I will sell. For the right price.

High on the list are an unfired Noveske/VTAC Recce, and a LaRue PredatAR in 7.62mm. I won't take anything near what I paid for them, but if someone is willing to pay double or so, then I could let them walk away without too much heartache. GF's Daniel Defense might be in jeopardy as well if the price is right.

Is that gouging?

No one is holding a gun to the head of the buyer forcing them to buy anything..............and these items that are flying off the shelves, and being sold at ridiculous prices are not necessities. The buyer is making a conscious decision to pay that amount for these items.

The value of any item is what someone will pay for it. Pricing on any item in any store is determined the exact same way.

John Ralston
12-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Well...it kind of is an Ice Storm, and we don't know when it will be over. I would agree with you though - if you sell it at a fair price, that guy is going to list it on Gunbroker and make a huge profit (that should have been yours).

Kyle Reese
12-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I've got a custom made MSTN made 3GM upper I'm looking to sell to fund a few handguns I'll actually shoot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Odin Bravo One
12-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Well...it kind of is an Ice Storm, and we don't know when it will be over. I would agree with you though - if you sell it at a fair price, that guy is going to list it on Gunbroker and make a huge profit (that should have been yours).

Then it is a self inflicted Ice Storm.

I have no sympathy for someone who shoots themselves in the foot, then cries about how bad it hurts.

dstocum
12-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Well...it kind of is an Ice Storm, and we don't know when it will be over.

Not really. Essentials are different from luxuries, and an AR-15 is most definitely a luxury item. It's one thing to raise the prices of things that people have to buy, like gas to run a generator to keep the furnace running or basic food to feed their family, and quite another to raise the price on avocado.

We're not talking about people buying AR-15s because it is an essential tool for defense. It's a nice tool, but definitely not necessary. People are buying them because they're afraid they won't be able to later. People who can't afford one at market prices, who don't have a gun now and want one, aren't going to be left in the cold. They will just buy something else if the market remains skewed.

I get what you're saying, I just think you mistook my analogy. I shoulda used the diabetics and insulin one instead...

John Ralston
12-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah, you're right...it's like going to the corner meat market during Hurricane Sandy and finding out that they don't have any ribeye's left.

pr1042
12-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Saw 100 PMAGs sell for 7800 on GB

John Ralston
12-27-2012, 08:56 PM
:eek:

Kyle Reese
12-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Saw 100 PMAGs sell for 7800 on GB

Wow.... I could make $15,000 with what I have right here.....

John Ralston
12-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Wow.... I could make $15,000 with what I have right here.....

WOW...someone's a PMag whore!

JV_
12-27-2012, 09:28 PM
WOW...someone's a PMag whore!

Every time we hit the gun shop, he's buying mags. Two or three every trip adds up...

CCT125US
12-27-2012, 10:35 PM
1 Colt mag = $100 courtesy of Cheaper than Dirt.

And based on the comments they are used, didn't read any mention of included KY.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-068

John Ralston
12-27-2012, 10:38 PM

And based on the comments they are used, didn't read any mention of included KY.

I'll sell you one for $90 AND include the KY

SeriousStudent
12-27-2012, 10:54 PM

Ah, Cheaters and Turds.....

Sunday I was at some friends' house eating BBQ. Their next door neighbor had finally bought himself an AR. Beautiful carbine - a Noveske in 300 BLK with the stainless barrel. Really nice. I held it and admired it, until he mentioned the price.

They charged him $4000, plus tax, for a carbine that John lists for $2450. And he got it at - you guessed it.

I was pissed at CTD, and I was pissed at the neighbor for waiting until the house was on fire, before he bought an extinguisher.

At least he got the magazine, sticker and hat.

BWT
12-27-2012, 11:12 PM

A freaking $100 used AR-15 magazine. (Notice the word "Issued")

That *is* insane.

MDS
12-28-2012, 01:49 AM
So if I sell high...is that gouging or a good return on my investment? :cool:

Unless you live in CO, it's illegal. :p

The balancing act is to keep a reputation for honesty vs cut-throat. CTD isn't just price-gouging right now... it's too caveat emptor with them, in general. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd rather give my money to brownell's - I think failing to squeeze every cent out of this is a good investment on their part.

Of course, between individuals, it's always caveat emptor...

Tamara
12-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Is that gouging?

It can't be. There is no such thing as "gouging". :)

Jay Cunningham
12-28-2012, 01:29 PM
I have plenty I will sell. For the right price.

High on the list are an unfired Noveske/VTAC Recce, and a LaRue PredatAR in 7.62mm. I won't take anything near what I paid for them, but if someone is willing to pay double or so, then I could let them walk away without too much heartache. GF's Daniel Defense might be in jeopardy as well if the price is right.

Is that gouging?

No one is holding a gun to the head of the buyer forcing them to buy anything..............and these items that are flying off the shelves, and being sold at ridiculous prices are not necessities. The buyer is making a conscious decision to pay that amount for these items.

The value of any item is what someone will pay for it. Pricing on any item in any store is determined the exact same way.

DING DING DING

We have ourselves a winner.

Dagga Boy
12-28-2012, 01:49 PM
The only people I will listen to when complaining about "price gouging" are those who insist on paying full retail price on everything, even if it is on sale, or better yet....on clearance. Those people can complain. Otherwise, we ALL play the pricing game with supply and demand. I'm the guy who shelled out the money for a "Mini Draco Pistol" for no other reason than I am sure the feds are going to ban these someday, and I am cashing in. We all do it with everything. Why do you think people are standing in line at Walmart at 0300 on Black Friday, it isn't to pay full boat retail. Anyone feel bad for Walmart selling all that stuff so cheap? Of course, when they are better prepared than FEMA to provide services and supplies after a major catastrophe, they are still expected to sell at bargain prices.

I have found that the best thing to do is be a loyal customer. I get a good deal all the time from the retail gun shops I use because I am consistent. I know I am one of the few gunwriters who actually buys their stuff at retail locations and doesn't get them from the manufacturers, but it helps for always getting a fair deal because the shops I use do not look at me as a one time hit.

TGS
12-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Dayyyyuuuummmmm........

CTD is now running $1000 for a case of Lake City M855 (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-223C). What was it last week, $799?

Wowzers.

bdcheung
12-30-2012, 06:11 PM
You can get better cartridges for $1 per round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matman
12-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Yeah it thinking about cashing over some toys for newer shinier ones myself. Funny part is the stuff I've found still available. Buddy bought a DPMS LR308 (not for the the fact that it's the greatest .30$, but it's all he has been able to find within his price range) for $1000 ou the door. Catch and reason he found it was because its a .260 rem and the guys that buy up AR15s don't even know how to spell .260 much less understand the uses for such a rifle!

I saw shtuff sold out at gun stores the I'd NEVER buy, and found plenty of Glocks, bolt guns, and .22s. Stuff I'd see using if TSHTF. I'm sure XD .40s are going for WAY above retail by now along with Kel Tec .40 cal folding guns!

peterb
01-02-2013, 09:36 AM
A bit of good news...
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/12/28/daniel-defense-isnt-flinching-and-they-arent-raising-prices/

vaglocker
01-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Yea, it's getting nuts. Hmmm, I got several 33 round Glock 9mm mags. I may just have to advertise on my local gunboard and see if I anyone is willling to trade me for a Glock 17.

JV_
01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
On a brighter note, I just scored 10 x 30 round PMags ... for about $20 each. I say 'about' because we traded for some ammo.

It's nice when friends hoard different things, it's useful for trading.

Kyle Reese
01-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Saw a $2500 M&P 15 today at a LGS. They claimed S&W has raised the price on dealers/distributors, but the M&P 9's are till $525 on the shelf. Go figure. :rolleyes:

MEH
01-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Here's one (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=324801275). $1169.99 for a lower parts kit. Shipping extra! It is a "National Match" kit after all. :rolleyes:

JV_
01-04-2013, 04:33 PM
They claimed S&W has raised the price on dealers/distributorsWe should ask them for the distributor's name.

IIRC, a lot of their stuff has Davidson's tags.

NEPAKevin
01-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I like the ones that have a story...

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/197787-complete-pkg-colt-6920-talo-edition-ar-se-pa.html#post2234248

Was going to hang on to this but my divorce is costing me a little more than I thought (alot more than I wanted). I am not desperate and the only reason I'm even considering selling it is because of its current inflated value. If your going to pm me that your not willing to pay craze prices then don't bother, don't want to hear it. If prices weren't this high I would not even consider selling it. Its simply supply and demand, and right now demand is at an all time high this item.

Judging by the pics, his ex did not get the washer and dryer... yet. :)

G60
01-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Here's one (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=324801275). $1169.99 for a lower parts kit. Shipping extra! It is a "National Match" kit after all. :rolleyes:

My favorite part of that auction: "The Hogue grip is normally available as an upgrade for an extra $17.99, but email before bidding to confirm."

NEPAKevin
01-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I like the ones that have a story...

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/197787-complete-pkg-colt-6920-talo-edition-ar-se-pa.html#post2234248

Judging by the pics, his ex did not get the washer and dryer... yet. :)

Looks like she got the washer...

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/198843-complete-pkg-colt-6920-talo-edition-ar-se-pa.html#post2241677

Jason F
01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
I'll admit I sold my 6 yr old Bushmaster with an Aimpoint clone for $1300 last week. Sold in a flash too, so to me that says I got a good price that the market would bear.

Didn't feel bad at all knowing I paid $700 for it.

Kyle Reese
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
I sold a few 20 rd PMAGs locally and used the proceeds to buy a brand new Glock 17 Gen 4.

pr1042
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
PSA MOE Lower Build Kit for 375...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325127755

I'm selling my lower and lower build kit this evening. Even if/when prices come back down from the hysteria, I carry a handgun at work and around town so this has been a good wake up call to focus my time/energy on the tool I will most likely have available. If I do end up getting a long gun of some sort, I will look for a 870.

SeriousStudent
01-09-2013, 09:30 PM
...... If I do end up getting a long gun of some sort, I will look for a 870.

I was at the Market Hall show last weekend. Serious zoo atmosphere. But I did run into Nyeti, so it was worth the admission. :)

Shotgun prices were above normal, but not stupidly so. I saw a fair number of 870 Express shotguns for about $400, and some used 870 Wingmasters you could turn into social guns. Those were running about $500. Still too rich for me. I saw exactly two 870 Police Magnums NIB. One was $900, the other $999.

I'm waiting for mid-February, when all the credit card bills come crashing down around people's heads. Plus, there's tax time coming up. A lot of people are going to have to scrape up some cash to pay Uncle Sugar. I bet you can get a decent deal in about 6 weeks.

orionz06
01-09-2013, 09:31 PM
PSA MOE Lower Build Kit for 375...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325127755

I'm selling my lower and lower build kit this evening. Even if/when prices come back down from the hysteria, I carry a handgun at work and around town so this has been a good wake up call to focus my time/energy on the tool I will most likely have available. If I do end up getting a long gun of some sort, I will look for a 870.

Damn, I ordered 2 yesterday when they were in stock for half the price of one.

Dagga Boy
01-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I was at the Market Hall show last weekend. Serious zoo atmosphere. But I did run into Nyeti, so it was worth the admission. :)

I traded one of those magazines for a Beretta 92F with some hi-cap mags:cool: The other one is funding a Ralston Cape Buffalo rig for my Vickers 1911 and and SME for my P30. Some good CAN come of this;).

A bunch of the dealers were laughing about the situation. Apparently the Ft.Worth show a couple weeks prior was a glutony of over priced buying of everything. Many of the folks who bought $3000 basic AR's a couple weeks prior were now trying to flip them at this show for double..........and not getting very far. Things will stabilize until we get an up or down for what the administration is going to do and how they are going to do it.

SeriousStudent
01-10-2013, 12:39 AM
I traded one of those magazines for a Beretta 92F with some hi-cap mags:cool: The other one is funding a Ralston Cape Buffalo rig for my Vickers 1911 and and SME for my P30. Some good CAN come of this;).

A bunch of the dealers were laughing about the situation. Apparently the Ft.Worth show a couple weeks prior was a glutony of over priced buying of everything. Many of the folks who bought $3000 basic AR's a couple weeks prior were now trying to flip them at this show for double..........and not getting very far. Things will stabilize until we get an up or down for what the administration is going to do and how they are going to do it.

A buddy of mine was going to reach out to you for the second, I am guessing he did so.

I am glad you met up with the smith that you did, he's good at what he does. Did he show you "Old Dirty", the FAL that has never been cleaned?

Dagga Boy
01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
A buddy of mine was going to reach out to you for the second, I am guessing he did so.

I am glad you met up with the smith that you did, he's good at what he does. Did he show you "Old Dirty", the FAL that has never been cleaned?

Actually, the second one isn't paid for yet. If your buddy wants it, have him call asap as it goes to SHOT next week. I just have a couple of people who are very interested coming to SHOT. Until I have cash in hand............:eek:

I saw the FAL there, pretty awesome. I have high hopes that the Galil will run great when he is done............and maybe I'll gouge someone on that as well....:p

SeriousStudent
01-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I'll let him know, thanks.

Have a safe and fun trip to SHOT.

G60
01-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Just had to bump this because at today's gun show, some knucklehead was trying to sell 10 round blocked pmags for $80 apiece.

I noticed everyone who stopped to look at his prices basically laughed, shook their heads and walked on by.

He also had a stripped lower for $499, and I saw a few no-name complete lowers for about $700.

Tamara
01-27-2013, 07:25 AM
The prize for optimism comes from some of the smaller tables at last weekend's Indy 1500.

Normally there are three bays in the building open, but because of construction, they had the easternmost one closed off and had opened another area towards the back. This meant that Plainfield Shooting Supplies, one of the larger local gun stores, had his twelve or fifteen tables at the very front corner of the show, where people would naturally start their circuit of the aisles, rather than about a third of the way in.

Coincidentally, at this show, he hadn't even brought any guns; instead, his mass of tables had nothing but mags and ammo, and he had one of his employees on a bullhorn, through which she was droning "PMags, $35! We got PMags, $35!"

Thanks to where his tables were, Bob had just effectively set the going rate for PMags for the entire 1500-table gun show.

So you gotta think that some of the little one- and two-table vendors further in the hall were feeling a little stymied with their $70 and $100 asking prices for PMags that weren't attracting any nibbles.

(Conversely, I caught myself thinking "Hey, that's not such a bad price!" at the guy who had them for $30, before I shook my head and reminded myself that $30 wasn't really all that good a price at all, at least for someone who was sitting on dozens of the things at home...)

Chris Rhines
01-27-2013, 08:02 AM
On the 'For Sale/Trade' bulletin board at the NRA Range, someone is selling a used Arsenal SAM-7R, around fifteen magazines, and 500 rounds of Wolf ammo, for $5000.

There were some other whoppers there yesterday, but that one was the most optimistic.

Tamara
01-27-2013, 08:22 AM
On the 'For Sale/Trade' bulletin board at the NRA Range, someone is selling a used Arsenal SAM-7R, around fifteen magazines, and 500 rounds of Wolf ammo, for $5000.

I think "wanting to sell" would be a more accurate verb choice than "selling" in this case. :D

pr1042
01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Big retailers (brownells, dsg) are starting to ship out a large number of Pmags so I think the days of the $75-100 pmag are past us. On the other hand, glock mags are selling for 45-55 apiece with no signs of letting up just yet.

Drang
01-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Just had to bump this because at today's gun show, some knucklehead was trying to sell 10 round blocked pmags for $80 apiece.

I noticed everyone who stopped to look at his prices basically laughed, shook their heads and walked on by.

He also had a stripped lower for $499, and I saw a few no-name complete lowers for about $700.
At last weeks' fun show (http://thecluemeter.blogspot.com/2013/01/fun-show.html) I saw a Lorcin for $250.

Mitchell, Esq.
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Big retailers (brownells, dsg) are starting to ship out a large number of Pmags so I think the days of the $75-100 pmag are past us. On the other hand, glock mags are selling for 45-55 apiece with no signs of letting up just yet.

I know how many magazines I own, and therefore do not own enough.

Got a link?

helothar
01-27-2013, 08:03 PM
I know how many magazines I own, and therefore do not own enough.

Got a link?

I think he means theyre starting to ship out their backorder, I just got 5 gen3 p-mags that I had backordered in mid December last Wednesday.

orionz06
01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Is it wrong to aid someone willing to allow you to price gouge? I almost sold a lower for $450 when I jokingly said I would undercut someone by $50.

TGS
01-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Is it wrong to aid someone willing to allow you to price gouge? I almost sold a lower for $450 when I jokingly said I would undercut someone by $50.

I don't think so. If the buyers are setting the market, then let them have it. Like someone else pointed out earlier, it's not actually gouging. It's not like you're having a bidding war on the last 10 gallons of water at the supermarket 5 days into a power outtage.

orionz06
01-27-2013, 08:20 PM
I don't think so. If the buyers are setting the market, then let them have it. Like someone else pointed out earlier, it's not actually gouging. It's not like you're having a bidding war on the last 10 gallons of water at the supermarket 5 days into a power outtage.

I decided to keep it. I am not independently wealthy but I will be able to replace $450 if something does get passed, I may not be able to replace a lower.

Jay
02-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Ok,
We have a winner! Was at the ATX gun show today and I saw a lot of "GTFO'H" pricing but the best/worst thing I saw was Federal 525 Round Bulk Packs of .22 for $249.95.

JM Campbell
02-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Ok,
We have a winner! Was at the ATX gun show today and I saw a lot of "GTFO'H" pricing but the best/worst thing I saw was Federal 525 Round Bulk Packs of .22 for $249.95.

I wasn't joking about the scarcity of 22 down here in Texas....just wrong.

One of my buddies picked up a AR and then bought a mag at our Gun Club for a redonkyless $56, I gave him a new BCM mag to lessen the sting.

Jay
02-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I wasn't joking about the scarcity of 22 down here in Texas....just wrong.

One of my buddies picked up a AR and then bought a mag at our Gun Club for a redonkyless $56, I gave him a new BCM mag to lessen the sting.

Luckily, my wife and I both either work near or pass an Academy on the way to work each day and CCI standard velocity seems to be showing up regularly so we are slowly building a supply 50 rds at a time.

abu fitna
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Dulles gun show this weekend. Pmags down to $35, other ar types $25 as best price. Some vendors still out of line at $40 or higher for junk, but not moving. Insane, esp since the Izzy elanders are shipping at less than $20 for what is a decent HK clone. Ak mags down to $30.

Colt ARs holding at $2500 from good dealers. But smaller guys pushing no name ans frankenbuilds for that to 3 grand plus. AKs all over the map, from $1300 to 2 grand no rhyme or reason. Everything from arsenal to tantal to century parts builds. Okay raw numbers of weapons but still moving fast.

Oddest thing was price hike on second tier demand due to shortage of glock , m&p types. Crazy things like extra hundred or two added to ruger LCRs, makarovs, and others almost randomly. You,d guess SKS would be up (and they were), but this was poor.

Looks like FNS is picking up good market share as they are in channel. Holding at $600 to 650. Apparently, so too m1 carbines and lever actions, at their own price points. Somewhat scary though that almost no mosins to be seen, and declining volumes of x54 at rising prices ($280 per crate of two spam cans)

Other ammo is insane also. Over a buck a round for green tip 556. Tula 9mm at $380 per thou, what federal was moving at three months ago. Brass case 9mm at $450 per thou or more. No 5.45 to be found. .40 smith and .45 north of 500 per case.

I'd like to say this can't last, but wouldn't have any confidence in that statement.

pr1042
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
OD Green Glock collection on GB right now

19 pieces, bid is at 19,600 w/ 6 days left

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328298168

John Ralston
02-09-2013, 11:23 PM
OD Green Glock collection on GB right now

19 pieces, bid is at 19,600 w/ 6 days left

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328298168

Hasn't met the reserve yet...

orionz06
02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Pretty cool to have but I am getting nauseous at the cost of all the sights and currently the cost to even confirm zero on all of them.

Chuck Haggard
02-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Got an e-mail from the douchebags at Cheaper Than Dirt a couple of days ago, they were selling PMC X-Tac for the low price of $39.95 a box.

JM Campbell
02-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Got an e-mail from the douchebags at Cheaper Than Dirt a couple of days ago, they were selling PMC X-Tac for the low price of $39.95 a box.

Just picked up 200rds at $14.99 a box local.

Freaking scumbags!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

tremiles
02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Just got an email from cdnn that lists a pair of stripped Para #1,#2 serial number AR receivers for the reasonable price of $1599.98.

2 stripped lowers for $1599.98.

Para ord. lowers.

John Ralston
02-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Just got an email from cdnn that lists a pair of stripped Para #1,#2 serial number AR receivers for the reasonable price of $1599.98.

2 stripped lowers for $1599.98.

Para ord. lowers.

I'll sell you 2 Stripped Spikes Lowers for $1450...that's almost 10% off! :cool:

ezthumper
02-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Hopefully, things will calm down once everyone untwists their panties or joe OCD survivalist is so bloated with crap joe will stop buying.

The prices will come back down due to the laws of supply and demand.

tremiles
02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
I'll sell you 2 Stripped Spikes Lowers for $1450...that's almost 10% off! :cool:

I purchased 2 PSA lowers to celebrate election day for $200. Coupled with the DD lpk's and B5 Bravo's I've found, I could probably unload them for "1 meeelyon dollars". MUHAHAHAHA.

http://blog.mainstreethost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Dr.-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

John Ralston
02-12-2013, 05:25 PM
I purchased 2 PSA lowers to celebrate election day for $200. Coupled with the DD lpk's and B5 Bravo's I've found, I could probably unload them for "1 meeelyon dollars". MUHAHAHAHA.

http://blog.mainstreethost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Dr.-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Luckily, I had plenty of uppers and lowers, a few barrels and some BCG's stockpiled, found some LPK's and have plenty of mags.

Now if ammo wasn't so damn expensive. I have a bunch of Lake City Match 30-06 that I would like to unload in exchange for something I can actually use, but I doubt I will have any luck with that.

NickA
02-15-2013, 09:54 AM
While CTD certainly deserves criticism for some of their practices, I like how they're (apparently) trying to make up for it:
www.saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=422
Gura, Gottlieb and co. having an extra $100k to pimp slap anti-gun legislation in court is a good thing.

Tamara
02-15-2013, 10:12 AM
While CTD certainly deserves criticism for some of their practices, I like how they're (apparently) trying to make up for it:
www.saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=422
Gura, Gottlieb and co. having an extra $100k to pimp slap anti-gun legislation in court is a good thing.

Wow, that's, like, a thousand used GI mags!

(Sorry, that just kinda slipped out before I could stop myself.)

NETim
02-16-2013, 06:12 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329214878

David Armstrong
02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
This one floored even me. From a local classified section:
"Romanian AK47 low round count comes with 1 mag and cleaning kit. Asking $10,000."

Kyle Reese
02-28-2013, 04:03 PM
This one floored even me. From a local classified section:
"Romanian AK47 low round count comes with 1 mag and cleaning kit. Asking $10,000."

Transferable NFA weapon, perhaps? :cool:

Drang
02-28-2013, 04:56 PM
At last weeks' fun show (http://thecluemeter.blogspot.com/2013/01/fun-show.html) I saw a Lorcin for $250.
Still there at last weekend's fun show, still asking $250.
Also saw one table with a complete lower, asking $1250.